• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Games we used to play....

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aka Bee Gees ?..:wink:

Yes, spot on:

Songwriters: GIBB, MAURICE ERNEST / GIBB, ROBIN HUGH / GIBB, BARRY ALAN

When I was small, and christmas trees were tall,
We used to love while others used to play.
Don't ask me why, but time has passed us by,
Some one else moved in from far away.

(chorus)
Now we are tall, and christmas trees are small,
And you don't ask the time of day.
But you and i, our love will never die,
But guess well cry come first of may.

The apple tree that grew for you and me,
I watched the apples falling one by one.
And I recall the moment of them all,
The day I kissed your cheek and you were mine.

(chorus...)

Do do do do do do do do do...

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And play Samurai, based on the black and white TV series, by putting the wastepaper basket over the head?? :p

And yes, kids from the same HDB block will cramp in that "rich man's house"... to watch TV.

Those were the days my friend...

Last edited:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember once we played hantam bola with the school teacher and she was a female too.

Hamtam bola my fave. Play till the bell ring. Sweating all over. When the classes start, all the hankies will be placed at the side of the table. Very much like United Nation. :biggrin:

Many variations of hamtam bola too ... just pure fun and sheer madness.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, spot on:

Songwriters: GIBB, MAURICE ERNEST / GIBB, ROBIN HUGH / GIBB, BARRY ALAN

We used to love while others used to play.

(chorus)
Now we are tall, and christmas trees are small,
And you don't ask the time of day.
But you and i, our love will never die,
But guess well cry come first of may.

The apple tree that grew for you and me,
I watched the apples falling one by one.
And I recall the moment of them all,
The day I kissed your cheek and you were mine.

(chorus...)

Do do do do do do do do do...

So sad that onLy one of the brothers reamained.Andy Gibb was one up and coming star then..:cool:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hey, how come nobody play kuti kuti?

And also ants fight?

Bro your ants' fight ?..was it the bLack ones where we have to dip the straws from the Casaurina trees into their
hoLes to Lure them out ..there after we remove their feeLers ?..:confused:
Never heard of any Red fighting ants though..

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro your ants' fight ?..was it the bLack ones where we have to dip the straws from the Casaurina trees into their
hoLes to Lure them out ..there after we remove their feeLers ?..:confused:
Never heard of any Red fighting ants though..

Yes, big black ants - about 1.2 cm long. We used grass to lure them out. Keep ants in a metal box.

Pull out feelers just before the fight. During fight all will crowd around, watch and pass comments. :wink:

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
hoLes to Lure them out ..there after we remove their feeLers ?..:confused: Never heard of any Red fighting ants though..

talking about feelers, i remember my son's fascination when i showed him mimosa plants closing their leaves when you touched them & his amusement when i took the stamen out from the Hibicus flower out & licked the sweet sap from it!

red fighting ants got! me fighting them when trying to steal mangoes from the neighbour's tree :biggrin: anyone catch birds back then? i caught mynah birds, bulbuls, turtle neck doves & one time a prized magpie robin, my friend lagi kilat.. he caught a female Koel in the long lalang grass, we had no idea what it was & was actually pretty scared of it. We also caught monitor lizards & grass snakes but one time we saw a cobra & we ran for our lives, KNN went back home & told parents & they didn't believe us until the indian grasscutter uncle caught it & the whole kampung was screaming & shouting!

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
talking about feelers, i remember my son's fascination when i showed him mimosa plants closing their leaves when you touched them & his amusement when i took the stamen out from the Hibicus flower out & licked the sweet sap from it!

red fighting ants got! me fighting them when trying to steal mangoes from the neighbour's tree :biggrin: anyone catch birds back then? i caught mynah birds, bulbuls, turtle neck doves & one time a prized magpie robin, my friend lagi kilat.. he caught a female Koel in the long lalang grass, we had no idea what it was & was actually pretty scared of it. We also caught monitor lizards & grass snakes but one time we saw a cobra & we ran for our lives, KNN went back home & told parents & they didn't believe us until the indian grasscutter uncle caught it & the whole kampung was screaming & shouting!
WaLau bro, your chiLdhood days seemed Lagi garang then mine's..:eek::smile:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if you live near kampung or ulu areas, guaranteed sure got a lot of fun after school finish! even go catch kampung charboh also very fun back in those days :biggrin:

Sorry bro, i was not as uLu as you..but i remembered going to the ALexandra Sewerage Pumping station then to catch Longkang fishes.They were reaLLy FAT, perhaps from feeding of the sewerages.Next i knew my Grandma caned me from coming back with the stenched sack of Longkang fishes ! ! :eek:

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry bro, i was not as uLu as you..but i remembered going to the ALexandra Sewerage Pumping station then to catch Longkang fishes.They were reaLLy FAT, perhaps from feeding of the sewerages.Next i knew my Grandma caned me from coming back with the stenched sack of Longkang fishes ! ! :eek:

never really got caned or whacked by parents for outdoor activities, only kena for bad school results & for fighting with neighbour's kid, but funny thing was the next day, i would be out playing with the neighbour's kid & we both found out that our parents caned us, so i think in the end we decided it was no fun fighting each other, better to fight with kids from another kampung or estate! :biggrin: then we copied our big brothers & started shouting "you come from where one? your gang what number one?" we were really annoying little shits back then :biggrin:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tuan,

Siow Fei history already. Now, minah current macham a young yvonne elliman binya ....:p

Your tastes exotic binya!

Yvonne+Elliman+yvonne.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good singer and quite chio in the 70s...the JC Superstar period.
Wiki, hard-on guy... solid vocals, in limelight with rock opera JC Superstar. Kns, 1st gf coerced me see 3X, had to fend off those church fellas with flyers "he was NOT just a man". For goodness sakes, couldn't we just take it for what it was: a musical rock opera

[video=youtube;kXdNEh97478]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXdNEh97478[/video]

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
tnks bro....i saw the movie dunno how many times and listened to the music even more. Loved the music from the early 60s to mid 80s.

Wiki, hard-on guy... solid vocals, in limelight with rock opera JC Superstar. Kns, 1st gf coerced me see 3X, had to fend off those church fellas with flyers "he was NOT just a man". For goodness sakes, couldn't we just take it for what it was: a musical rock opera

]

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
movie dunno how many times and listened to the music even more. Loved the music to mid 80s.
No downloads then, no CDs ..only can afford pirated cassetes. If a bit flushed, run down to Kwong Sia (Colombo Court), pay for copying from original LP to good quality TDK cassete. JC Superstar kena double cassete album. Saw movie at new (then) Golden Mile cinema -with flyers at lobby

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
ya ..the days of the cassettes...the stuff sometimes come loose and gets entangled :( Curse and swear then.

No downloads then, no CDs ..only can afford pirated cassetes. If a bit flushed, run down to Kwong Sia (Colombo Court), pay for copying from original LP to good quality TDK cassete. JC Superstar kena double cassete album. Saw movie at new (then) Golden Mile cinema -with fyers at lobby