• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forum points revamp?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
nothing wrong or judgmental with what you did. it was actually helpful for everyone to take note as it applies not just to the new mod but also other mods and members who are not mods. i'm proud to have a room mate like you.

I am glad you are proud of me as a room mate. Please pay the rent on time. Kum Siah!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Frankly I do not see any reason for having a reputation or points or infraction system in the first place for a wholly generic forum. Its value is in forums that have a clear theme and where the subject matter experts are recognised. In a forum like this no one is an expert.

Since Sam introduced it I am trying to find a happy medium.

The idea of the rep system is to make primary nicks valuable to the owner so he uses such nicks in a responsible manner. In the other forum, the rep system made nicks so valuable that they were being traded at premium prices. As I understand, this is still going on.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I have tweaked the Rep system somewhat. There is now more emphasis on seniority and less emphasis on number of posts and number of points when it comes to determining power.

Please refer to the FAQ for the latest updates.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Haha, now I became so much more powerful!, but still pointless. :cool:

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Aftermath of the culling :biggrin:

snfc7m.jpg

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The points & power system doesn't make any sense to me. There are some folks with few points and more powers while there are other with tons of points with little powers. Did the math on it, still can't account for the powers.

Have anyone else noticed the meteoric increase in points and power of Peppercrab? And I noticed losing 3 units of power for reasons best known to whoever it is.

My advice - don't get too hung up at all with the points ...just have fun and be loony to the fullest.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You suffered a 80 points cut :biggrin: Wondering who has his power cull the most.

Boss, what you trying to say with your screenshot??
Forget about the points thingie lah, it means nothing. I got culled the most, if it's any consolation. :mad::(

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Boss, what you trying to say with your screenshot??
Forget about the points thingie lah, it means nothing. I got culled the most, if it's any consolation. :mad::(

The drop in visitors. But jw5 is right. It's early Sunday morning. Most of the looneys are still sleeping or having breakfast. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thus my point that it seems to work well for a themed forum and spotting and recognising good nicks are easier.

The idea of the rep system is to make primary nicks valuable to the owner so he uses such nicks in a responsible manner. In the other forum, the rep system made nicks so valuable that they were being traded at premium prices. As I understand, this is still going on.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks.

DId not realise how bad the clones were until I saw one thread with a series of banned "members" and saw the extent of points that they had.

I have tweaked the Rep system somewhat. There is now more emphasis on seniority and less emphasis on number of posts and number of points when it comes to determining power.

Please refer to the FAQ for the latest updates.