• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foreigners

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The pap has brought in too many foreigners with bad behaviours.

Recently, PRC workers have the audacity to chide Singaporeans who choose not to speak to them in Chinese. This has caused much friction between Singaporeans and PRC Chinese and will further aggravate the locals/foreigners divide.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The pap has brought in too many foreigners with bad behaviours.

Recently, PRC workers have the audacity to chide Singaporeans who choose not to speak to them in Chinese. This has caused much friction between Singaporeans and PRC Chinese and will further aggravate the locals/foreigners divide.

Many Chinese Singaporeans have done the same to the minority races by refusing the speak English at the workplace.

English is the working language of the country. When the Chinese insist on speaking Mandarin, it results in the marginalisation of the minority groups which causes divisions within the citizenry.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many Chinese Singaporeans have done the same to the minority races by refusing the speak English at the workplace.

English is the working language of the country. When the Chinese insist on speaking Mandarin, it results in the marginalisation of the minority groups which causes divisions within the citizenry.

I am glad you agree that it's audacious of PRCs to chide Singaporeans for not speaking Chinese to the PRCs in Singapore.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are dead wrong.

What I had observed is some effectively-bilingual PRC-haters singaporeans purposely lie to the PRCs that they totally cannot speak mandarin and can only speak english.

I had came across many of my colleagues and people from my religious organistion, in our daily conversation we often converse in largely mandarin and english but I noticed when during our lunchtime, when these PRC-haters sporeans see a PRC stall-holder, they purposely speak in english to them to provoke them and they will lie they cannot speak Mandarin. (But Linpeh know they can speak mandarin fluently but they just want to purposely lie to irritate the PRCs).

But not the majority of sporean-chinese behave this way towards the PRCs. Only some, those PRC-haters sporean-chinese mainly fall into the late-30s to 50s working-class BILINGUAL sporean-chinese.

read what I said in Post#1 again.

what did I say that was wrong?

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Sam, not true leh. I have to tell the CCP Chinese to speak English in the presence of non-Chinese. :rolleyes:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are dead wrong.

It's macham same as if a sporean-chinese he can speak english, but when he sees an ang moh, he purposely speak only mandarin to him to irriate him.

Hence if a working-class sporean-chinese all along is bilingual and can speak mandarin the why does he purposely want to provoke the PRC to purposly lie to him that he can't speak mandarin at all and keep speaking english to the PRC stall-holder?

even if Singaporean chooses to do what you said, what did I say wrong in Post#1?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
your are dead wrong.

becos you said wrong.

your case is those sporeans purposely want find trouble by lying they can't speak mandarin.

See my ang moh case example post

Singaporeans can choose not to speak in PRC chinese

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I speak Mandarin to the Tiongs all the time. I am effectively bilingual (multilingual if you include other languages), so faster communication = more things get done without mishaps. You also don't have to put up with the truncated Chinglish from some of them.

In fact, the Tiongs themselves have marveled at my proficiency, they find it unusual of most Sinkies, no thanks to the fucked up education system, especially when it comes to teaching languages.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I speak Mandarin to the Tiongs all the time. I am effectively bilingual (multilingual if you include other languages), so faster communication = more things get done without mishaps. You also don't have to put up with the truncated Chinglish from some of them.

In fact, the Tiongs themselves have marveled at my proficiency, they find it unusual of most Sinkies, no thanks to the fucked up education system, especially when it comes to teaching languages.

well done. Keep it up:smile:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are crazy!

Mandarins DOES NOT EQUAL to PRC chinese.

Every working-class sporean-chinese that studied in local gov schools before, all of them confirmed can speak Mandarin! But some PRC-haters such as you purposely lie to say you cannot speak Mandarin at all, it is you purposely wan find trouble. You are the problem, not the PRCs

when foreigners come to SG, they must learn to speak to Singaporeans in SG languages and not resort to chiding Singaporeans who choose not to speak to them in their native PRC chinese

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are crazy!

Mandarins DOES NOT EQUAL to PRC chinese.

Every working-class sporean-chinese that studied in local gov schools before, all of them confirmed can speak Mandarin! But some PRC-haters such as you purposely lie to say you cannot speak Mandarin at all, it is you purposely wan find trouble. You are the problem, not the PRCs.

Example if a Local-Malay were to lie he cannot speak Malay at all and he complain why does a Malaysian-malay speak Malay to him, who is the problem person?

you don't know the meaning of crazy

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are just a shameless PRC-hater that twist and turn just to stir hatred against the Chinese nationals.

The chinese nationals had never expected the Malays and indians to speak to them in Mandarin. Hence you this crazy shameless PRC-hater don't come lie here!

I choose to converse in a language of my choice