• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fish soup at Compasspoint

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was a regular customer at this well known fish soup stall, toman fish slice, or deep fried fish.

Today as usual ordered my fish soup mini steam boat surprise there was no "Q"

When I ate fried fish than I realised that I was there was not fish instead its a big lump of deep

fried flour!!! WIth lots of vegetable. This Chinaman Stall after became popular now starts to cut corners

cheating patron who pay for fried fish instead got fried flour!!!

Nowonder no Queue!!!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was a regular customer at this well known fish soup stall, toman fish slice, or deep fried fish.

When I ate fried fish than I realised that I was there was not fish instead its a big lump of deep

fried flour!!! WIth lots of vegetable. This Chinaman Stall after became popular now starts to cut corners

Nowonder no Queue!!!

bro..you should have smell something " fishy " when there no Q . :wink:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have bros tried the one at coffeeshop at the corner of Bukit Merah village across from AIA and opp Alexandra Hosp? It's called Hongkong Chin Chin Street or sth like that. Got XO soup with thick slices of fresh fish. Big bowl with thick noodles, Only $6. They have a chain, another of which is at corner of Still rd and East Coast.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The most popular is at Beach Road and Jln Sultan junction. Their soup is rich with evaporated milk.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes I believe as I cannot recall the exact location. The place has changed quite a lot.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it in front of the Textile Centre?
Actually at the junction of Aliwal and Beach road, the soup is light and tasty, normally people will find it a bit too bland. They use watercress veges, i think its nice, not bad actually.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love teochew fish soup but the thought of milk in it makes me retch and I have no idea why. But the clear soup is one of my favourite and not to mention how healthy. Love the cut hot chillies with rice.
The most popular is at Beach Road and Jln Sultan junction. Their soup is rich with evaporated milk.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually at the junction of Aliwal and Beach road, the soup is light and tasty, normally people will find it a bit too bland. They use watercress veges, i think its nice, not bad actually.

Thanks Bro... Think my mom in law went there before... Will try bring that old lady there when she's back from Penang..

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I love teochew fish soup but the thought of milk in it makes me retch and I have no idea why. But the clear soup is one of my favourite and not to mention how healthy. Love the cut hot chillies with rice.

You can tell them you do not want the milk as their plain soup is great too. It is very crowded during lunch hour.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks Bro... Think my mom in law went there before... Will try bring that old lady there when she's back from Penang..

You're very welcome.:smile: If you are into fried kway tiaw, there is a very good one opposite to Golden Mile. It is located 1st floor hawker centre where military goods are sold on the higher floors.

godzilla

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nowonder no Queue!!!

What are you writing? Your English is so poor I can hardly understand you. If you aren't fluent in English, surely you can make the effort to learn before posting on an English forum.

williamwindsor

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nowonder no Queue!!!

If you want more Chinese speaking customers to visit your stall, treat them badly, for some reason, they would love you even more. That is how much these people love being screwed.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nowonder no Queue!!!

You thank your lucky stars that the CHINAMAN didn't use artificial fish, vegeatables, and so forth.