• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Feasible to go overseas to find work?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do you think it's feasible to just go "like that" to US or UK to find jobs? Just want to get out of Sinkie land. I was depending on my ex-colleagues and aquaintances too much in the past,end up always not successful in my job hunt overseas.

Recently, One auntie passenger advised me to go London and find work, from there build up your fort and may get posted to work in China. Or thinking I may Go work at my cousin's Chinese Take away in U.K., not bad that he is driving a Porsche and having 1 english and 1 chinese wife. The problem is that I haven't see this cousin from my father's side for nearly 2 decades,only saw his brothers during Lunar New Year.

As bro elephanto mentioned to me that if PRCs not able to speak English can come find work here.Why Can't I just go, I am better equipped with languages and technical skills.

Is it so easy??? Please advise,really need it.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Typical sinkie always looking for the EASY option. :rolleyes: That's what happens to a society that has been mollycoddled by the govt for far too long.

Success is never EASY. You have to fight tooth and nail in order to achieve anything of significance no matter where you are in the world.

B

BCR101

do you think it's feasible to just go "like that" to US or UK to find jobs? Just want to get out of Sinkie land. I was depending on my ex-colleagues and aquaintances too much in the past,end up always not successful in my job hunt overseas.

Recently, One auntie passenger advised me to go London and find work, from there build up your fort and may get posted to work in China. Or thinking I may Go work at my cousin's Chinese Take away in U.K., not bad that he is driving a Porsche and having 1 english and 1 chinese wife. The problem is that I haven't see this cousin from my father's side for nearly 2 decades,only saw his brothers during Lunar New Year.

As bro elephanto mentioned to me that if PRCs not able to speak English can come find work here.Why Can't I just go, I am better equipped with languages and technical skills.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Bro Krafty ,

you are famous here as the "resident cabby " of this thread

many will miss you if you leave singapore ...

may i know whether you are still driving ?

i mean full-time or part-time ?

if full time then 2k to 5k should be okay for you rite ?

i suggest u hang-in there as a cabby ....

:o

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Success is never EASY. You have to fight tooth and nail in order to achieve anything of significance no matter where you are in the world.

You must be referring to Ass Loong who gets a yearly promotion and became the youngest ever BG!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You must be referring to Ass Loong who gets a yearly promotion and became the youngest ever BG!

Apart from the old guard, the rest of sinkieland have been spoilt silly for the last 40 years and that includes Ass Loong and his cronies.

When Singapore was booming, manufacturing supervisors with ITC certs used to take home SGD5000 in overtime allowances alone. Shift allowances plus their basic pay meant that many earned twice as much as engineers with degrees.

They didn't have to work too hard for such astronomical sums either. Most of them did the bare minimum in order to get by.

However, instead of investing wisely, many squandered their earnings on big screen TVs and fancy cars. These characters form the bulk of the unemployable over 50s of today.

B

BCR101

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If die die you want to go i suggest you dont

go . Instead Go rent a house in Johore instead.

Do your cabby work ... Earn the S$3,500/- sing dollar

then go to spend it in Johore ( s$3.5k x RM 2.4 = RM$8,400/-).

By the way i heard that you can drive to JB with yr taxi rite ? :biggrin:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

z3r0in

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,

its ok to give it a try... but have to start afresh and need to have enough money to get thru the hardest time for the 1st 3 mths... if u have relatives maybe will be easier...
but not sure will u be able to get used to the diff livestyles at the other side of the world

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Listen to your heart. If you want to try, just go. Even if you fail, you can always come back to drive your taxi.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are quite right! But isn't it easier if someone give you a hand? You dun have to really start from scratch, do you know how tedious it is? Just imagine the things that you have to go thru, Correct?

Typical sinkie always looking for the EASY option. :rolleyes: That's what happens to a society that has been mollycoddled by the govt for far too long.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>Go work at my cousin's Chinese Take away in U.K., not bad that he is driving a Porsche and having 1 english and 1 chinese wife.<<

The only reason why he can be so rich is cos he pay peanuts to his employees. If u go to work for him, u will make him richer not the other way around.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know of a malay cabby,he is just doing this. He bought a house in JB. Everyday, he will park his cab at old woodlands ctr after driving and cross over to JB. Doing the same vice versa everyday.

The thing is I dun like JB, few years ago, i actually flew to Thailand and HK to try but still came back after 2 weeks.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If die die you want to go i suggest you dont

go . Instead Go rent a house in Johore instead.

Do your cabby work ... Earn the S$3,500/- sing dollar

then go to spend it in Johore ( s$3.5k x RM 2.4 = RM$8,400/-).

By the way i heard that you can drive to JB with yr taxi rite ? :biggrin:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello...cooleo, do you know there is minimum wage in UK,please think before you post leh...many thanks.:smile:

I used to work in a strawberry farm during my summer holidays, not bad quite fun,except in rural areas,sometimes,english pple can be quite racist.

>>Go work at my cousin's Chinese Take away in U.K., not bad that he is driving a Porsche and having 1 english and 1 chinese wife.<<

The only reason why he can be so rich is cos he pay peanuts to his employees. If u go to work for him, u will make him richer not the other way around.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To add-on, I have heard PUB technicians in the past owning few private landed properties currently.

Apart from the old guard, the rest of sinkieland have been spoilt silly for the last 40 years and that includes Ass Loong and his cronies.
When Singapore was booming, manufacturing supervisors with ITC certs used to take home SGD5000 in overtime allowances alone. Shift allowances plus their basic pay meant that many earned twice as much as engineers with degrees.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly, I have lost quite a bit of self-confidence and on the other hand,after seeing lots of uncles 40+ to 50+ driving taxis. I fear that this has already been a cycle for the not so elites in SG.

I jUst hope to leave this sinkieland and never to sing "Marikita" in the face of PAP again! I know quite contradicting but I will need to think it over again before coming to a decision. My heart 80% says please fuck off,20% for some personal reasons,stayed on!

Listen to your heart. If you want to try, just go. Even if you fail, you can always come back to drive your taxi.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello...cooleo, do you know there is minimum wage in UK,please think before you post leh...many thanks.:smile:

I used to work in a strawberry farm during my summer holidays, not bad quite fun,except in rural areas,sometimes,english pple can be quite racist.

Please la, u go overseas to be dish washer and earn minimum wage? U damn ambitious wor! Furthermore your expenses in UK also higher leh. Think before u post. Thanks back. :smile:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ha...ya quite true! but hor, free accommodation can use it as a base for recceeing and scouting for other lobangs mah...

Please la, u go overseas to be dish washer and earn minimum wage? U damn ambitious wor! Furthermore your expenses in UK also higher leh. Think before u post. Thanks back. :smile:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suddenly,when I wake up this morning,I have this sudden urge of just get out of sinkieland.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try getting jobs from the Middle east countries like Dubai, Qatar, Bahrain... they need talents of all kinds. If not for my parents I would have gone for the experience.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
same here,if not for my mum,i early early ciao liao...thanks for recommending middle east.

Try getting jobs from the Middle east countries like Dubai, Qatar, Bahrain... they need talents of all kinds. If not for my parents I would have gone for the experience.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
same here,if not for my mum,i early early ciao liao...thanks for recommending middle east.

use mummy as an excuse.

You know why FT gets your job? their mum is still at home... My foreign frens who stay in bkk and settle down has their mummy at home too.