• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Expat says sinkkie land has world worst cabbies

Y

Yip Hon

To chris j reed : After i screwed your father and mother backside i say i care for them i am passionate for them and i always praise them like that can or not .
You asshole

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
are u not offended by what an angmo tried to teach the govt what to do? didnt u feel that he thinks he knows it all? patriotism is a separate feeling from getting insults? when an angmo come and tell u i m better off than u b/c i m tall, big, good looking, can speak better, how do u feel?

of course i am offended. but staying offended will not make things better. because he did not tell it to my face, i have the luxury of thinking about my response. if he had said it to my face, i would reason with him until it proves necessary to strike him in the balls.

and if an angmo said, "i m better off than u b/c i m tall, big, good looking, can speak better,"

i would invite him to crawl with me through the tunnels of the vietcong
i would remind myself that beauty is in the eye of the beholder
i would challenge him to a debate in tamil

and if there were no police around, i would kick him in the nuts. but only if i were sure that i can run faster than him.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
To chris j reed : After i screwed your father and mother backside i say i care for them i am passionate for them and i always praise them like that can or not .
You asshole

you may. but no one will take you seriously.

darylmackoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bear in mind cabbies come from the same stock. Sinkies. You look at them as mirrors of yourself. 90,000 mirrors.

M

Mdm Tang

my beloved Ven Ionzu good pieces of discourse.
what happened just proved the quality of FT
coming to bully Singaporean . ICA must tighten
its rules when admitting all these
trouble makers. These are old issues which handed
down from one minister to another.
You dont need to drive the taxi for
one day or one week to understand why
taxi drivers asked those questions that
were asked . Neither do u need to have a degree to
understand why cabby engaged you in a question.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are offended by the untruths he speaks, but do not ignore the truths that are revealed. you are right to point out his fallacious arguments. it makes you right. but being right does not make singapore better.

you are feeling patriotic, and that energy should be harnessed. it is a good thing.

There is no smoke without fire!!!First time I have to agree with this FT .
what he said is the truth and as a local who takes taxis often and in more than 30 countries worldwide, I would say local taxis are the worst or amongst the worst.
Too bad alot of people here cannot handle the truth. ask yourself where in the world do taxis just suddenly cut into your path or stop suddenly to pick up passengers, blatantly disobeying traffic laws? a good example is the traffic accident 2 days ago at Yishun(all 3 cars in accident are taxis!!!- what does that tell you?) ALL my friends would unaminously agree they are the worst drivers in singapore.
where else in the developed world do taxis drivers stop, ask you where you are going, pick and choose passengers and then tell you stupid excuse that he is changing shift (when your destination is not worth it ) and just ran away? where in the world are taxi driving licences only reserved for locals and is a protected monopoly mainly for all the retrenched and useless local managers and bankers: take away the this protectionism and overnight the taxi service would improve 1000%. where else in the world you have 30,000 taxis driver in a small island one fifth smaller than tokyo(with a pop of 20million and yet only 20,000 taxis) and yet getting a cab is a nightmare(not so much as scarcity but taxi drivers pick and choose). where else in the world do you have almost all taxis disappear at close to midnight and when after midnight you suddenly see alot of empty taxis cruising around looking for passengers. next time you are at traffic lights at 1-2 am count the number of taxis around you and how many are occupied with passengers(usually less than 20%). where else in the world do you have taxis cruising empty, polluting the air with their diesel fumes and looking for passengers. choose and pick at peak hours and whining all the time.
look at the facts first. if you cannot handle the truth, then suggest you ask yourself why so many complaints(>1000 every days) according to LTA.

Last edited:

swinewhacker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only can you swines can't drive for shit, Entering a cab with a zipperhead behind the wheel, leaves a stink on your clothing afterwards.

Please go and die Stinky chinks.

sammyboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought I had my last word here, can humour a bit more:p

Let's put this in right perspective. JB's notorious, yes and can't say much for other places. But Bkk's generally a dream when hailing 1 in most places (except for mafia patpong stretch and hotel leeches like everywhere else who don't use the meter). Can even choose better looking, newer cabs. In night spots, Q waiting for you. And flag fare is affordable. Probably it's system, part demographics and supply/demand

j333, interesting insight on baddies bullying decent cabbies in KL.

Like what Margaret thatcher quote "A man who, beyond the age of 40, finds himself in a taxi can count himself as a failure."

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not impressed by his comments. this angmo cows like to condemn and bully asians. sinkkie peeps so scared of angmo monkey. u all shd stand up for this type of criticism.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20120813-365102.html

Admittedly Singapore cab drivers are not at the same level as London. However, anyone who has traveled extensively will tell you we are far from the worst. Not sure why this guy has so many problems. Could it be his accent ? Singaporeans do not have this problem. Anyway what kind of cheapo marketing director is this who does not drive ? If time is good money it makes sense for a busy person to drive even at current prices.

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
of course i am offended. but staying offended will not make things better. because he did not tell it to my face, i have the luxury of thinking about my response. if he had said it to my face, i would reason with him until it proves necessary to strike him in the balls.

and if an angmo said, "i m better off than u b/c i m tall, big, good looking, can speak better,"

i would invite him to crawl with me through the tunnels of the vietcong
i would remind myself that beauty is in the eye of the beholder
i would challenge him to a debate in tamil

and if there were no police around, i would kick him in the nuts. but only if i were sure that i can run faster than him.

i am glad u still have pride...

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
what he said is the truth and as a local who takes taxis often and in more than 30 countries worldwide, I would say local taxis are the worst or amongst the worst.
Too bad alot of people here cannot handle the truth. ask yourself where in the world do taxis just suddenly cut into your path or stop suddenly to pick up passengers, blatantly disobeying traffic laws? a good example is the traffic accident 2 days ago at Yishun(all 3 cars in accident are taxis!!!- what does that tell you?) ALL my friends would unaminously agree they are the worst drivers in singapore.
where else in the developed world do taxis drivers stop, ask you where you are going, pick and choose passengers and then tell you stupid excuse that he is changing shift (when your destination is not worth it ) and just ran away? where in the world are taxi driving licences only reserved for locals and is a protected monopoly mainly for all the retrenched and useless local managers and bankers: take away the this protectionism and overnight the taxi service would improve 1000%. where else in the world you have 30,000 taxis driver in a small island one fifth smaller than tokyo(with a pop of 20million and yet only 20,000 taxis) and yet getting a cab is a nightmare(not so much as scarcity but taxi drivers pick and choose). where else in the world do you have almost all taxis disappear at close to midnight and when after midnight you suddenly see alot of empty taxis cruising around looking for passengers. next time you are at traffic lights at 1-2 am count the number of taxis around you and how many are occupied with passengers(usually less than 20%). where else in the world do you have taxis cruising empty, polluting the air with their diesel fumes and looking for passengers. choose and pick at peak hours and whining all the time.
look at the facts first. if you cannot handle the truth, then suggest you ask yourself why so many complaints(>1000 every days) according to LTA.

that means u have not tried other cabs in other countries. i dont find taxi drivers in sg are the worst. i do find them a bit rude sometimes, but i have compared them with other country cab drivers. and i still dont find the sinkie cab drivers are the world worst. i have met the worst cab drivers in other countries.

have u been lost in a foreign city and tried to get a cab? but u cant get a single cab driver to fetch u b/c changing shift, high congestion etc etc. u need to live abroad and experience the taxi system in other countries before u point your fingers at your own country cab drivers.

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Admittedly Singapore cab drivers are not at the same level as London. However, anyone who has traveled extensively will tell you we are far from the worst. Not sure why this guy has so many problems. Could it be his accent ? Singaporeans do not have this problem. Anyway what kind of cheapo marketing director is this who does not drive ? If time is good money it makes sense for a busy person to drive even at current prices.

well said bro... i still don't find sinkie cab drivers are worst yet. i have encountered worst taxi drivers in other countries before

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How to compare? Sinking Land probably have the most MBA, Bachelor degrees driving taxis for a living in the whole world. Now, MBA driving taxis for you woh? Song Boh? KNN, and people still think they are good woh?

M

Mdm Tang

please stop all this . Just write to Minister Lui
or my beloved Chen Show Mao ...

M

Mdm Tang

the same reason why anything Ang Moh/Expat

sinkiland would fall for ...

its beyond reasons ...

i also cannot explain ...

just like anything Ven Ionzu said

i come ...

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
the same reason why anything Ang Moh/Expat

sinkiland would fall for ...

its beyond reasons ...

i also cannot explain ...

just like anything Ven Ionzu said

i come ...

Because dumb sinkies like you fucking worship scholars, that's why. :rolleyes:

darylmackoy

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are not very intelligent are you despite trying to pretend to be one?
Do you drive?
How many hours do you spend on the roads?
In those hours, how many times do you stop to pick up passengers.
Tokyo has a population of 20 million?
The accident in Yishun was the fault of taxis? Are you clairvoyant or do you have the Traffic Police's data base at your finger tips?
Do you feel clever when you wrote stop, ask where you are going? What were you expecting taxi drivers to do? Run you down?
After midnight you see taxis cruising empty? Polluting the air? On purpose? What were you expecting also? Same amount of human activity as in the day? You feel clever saying that?
Please provide a link to show that the LTA receives more than a thousand complains a day. If not you are a person with no integrity.