• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exclusive: Senior CPIB man probed for financial misdeeds

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
So AD not really v big fuck la.

Not sure of the current numbers. In the 90s, there were 3. Likely to be more nowadays. In the past, you had DCPIB, DD CPIB and maybe 3 ADs. Now, you have DCPIB, Dir Investigation, Dir Ops and maybe Dir Admin. Below these Dirs, you have the DDs and I am sure many ADs will fall-in behind the DDs. Eric Tan must have copied the organisational structure of ISD.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's right, bro. Machiam AVPs in the banks! Sounds impressive but in reality, bo liao.

I see. So that means not paid much also despite the title. Maybe TCH will use this and all the other cases to up the public servants salaries to stave off corruption?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see. So that means not paid much also despite the title. Maybe TCH will use this and all the other cases to up the public servants salaries to stave off corruption?

Yes. Job 'titles' don't bring in extra $. Rank counts in the SPF. In CPIB, I believe they have their own scheme. Intel scheme ranks highly in the civil service.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The sap in the old tree is drying up fast, termites & other wood borrowing worms have infested it, parts of it are falling apart exposing vermin. We are seeing, sex, money issues, abuse of power, need not be said had been around for a very long time; but a major abuse of power will soon surface. The other would be the abuse of connections.

The tree is dying, one last leaf is waiting to fall, when providence blow her chilly wind towards it....the tree is drying of sap, the system is in a rapid decline.
we want to chop down the tree asap so that good saplings can start growing

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AD pay minimally should be $15K pm. Not sure about AVP.

Not really. It depends on many other factors. If someone young and a rising star but hold the equivalent rank of a Supt in the SPF, more likely 8-10k a month. 15k in the SPF is close to an AC salary. My guess is that is the pay of their Dir Investigation. He held that rank before secondment to CPIB.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the civil service or stat board, the position is tied to a pay scale. Once a person is on that pay scale, he will be paid the minimum at least. And for an AD, you can be sure that it is at least $15K. A AD is equivalent to a full colonel in the Armed Forces. Age has nothing to do with the pay. All the more, we are talking about the CPIB where the pay is normally higher than those in other stat boards.

Not really. It depends on many other factors. If someone young and a rising star but hold the equivalent rank of a Supt in the SPF, more likely 8-10k a month. 15k in the SPF is close to an AC salary. My guess is that is the pay of their Dir Investigation. He held that rank before secondment to CPIB.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The CPIB is corrupt. Talk about irony. :biggrin:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Who will guard the guards?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the civil service or stat board, the position is tied to a pay scale. Once a person is on that pay scale, he will be paid the minimum at least. And for an AD, you can be sure that it is at least $15K. A AD is equivalent to a full colonel in the Armed Forces. Age has nothing to do with the pay. All the more, we are talking about the CPIB where the pay is normally higher than those in other stat boards.

From my personal experience, it doesn't work the way you described. CPIB pay should be on par with SPF. I know some DSPs holding AD positions. Surely they aren't drawing 15K.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
So wdf is the story now?

he CBT'd some gift vouchers which were incentive gifts sent together with other large item gifts like LED TVs meant to be given out as gifts during the D N D is it?

Suspicion

Alfrescian
Loyal

CPIB officer under probe for suspected financial impropriety

By Saifulbahri Ismail | Posted: 14 February 2013 1929 hrs

display_image.php

CPIB Building in Singapore

SINGAPORE: An officer from the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) is being investigated for suspected financial impropriety.

CPIB has confirmed the case and in a statement said that it had referred the matter to the Commercial Affairs Department (CAD) for investigation.

CPIB added that it expects its officers to have high standards of integrity and conduct themselves in an exemplary manner.

Errant officers will be dealt with and can expect to face criminal proceedings or disciplinary action if they are involved in any wrongdoings.

As investigations are still ongoing by the CAD, CPIB said it is inappropriate for it to make any further comments.

- CNA/ir

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Under the nepotistic and crony Leegime, there was already a gluttony of useless paper mill scholars coming back and coming of age but all the positions was filled. AD was an anomaly created to address not every positions to slot rubbish. Young scholars are studying and attached to ministries with monthly gross as high as 8K when in the open market, they would not be worth more than 3K.