• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

typh00n

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi LGLab, do you have to go to the money changer everyday to remit RM10k each time?
Why not give them the 20k and ask them to remit 10k everyday on your behalf? Save time and effort.

I still need to get another 20k RM for the state levy and stuffs...

hope the rate wont drop so badly..

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
no wonder, i got my flexi alliance bank..

i have yet open an account with my mum. haha..
i can open account at any alliance bank branch and then do payment at different branch right?

I never open acct with Uob. Can just deposit cash or cheque or remit to e loan acct .

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,
I called Raffles at Jurong point yesterday and was told that it is better rate when u do TT than receive cash with no charge above a certain amount.

usually remiitance is slightly few cents more than cash ....if remit more than RM10k , no admin fees , if less than that have to pay $10 per transaction
but when u change in cash in thousands like $5k above , u can get gd rates too.

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you have to wait long long..
haha... not so easy to get back to that rate..
yeah it has been 242 something for very long time..
before CNY i hope for it to be 244~245, it never reach that again..
rate is very bad now.. xe.com reflects is lowering to 239...
From the 10-year chart, there seems to be a kind of "double-top" around the 2.50 level with a major long-term support (and also resistance-turned-support) at around 2.30: http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=SGD&to=MYR&view=10Y

So there's a chance for SGD/MYR to test this 2.30 support level within the next two years, I think...
If that 2.30 support-level is broken, there's a chance that this multi-decade bull market in SGD/MYR might have come to an end...

In order for the SGD/MYR bull market to remain intact, not only must that 2.30 support-level not be broken, the 2.50 resistance-level also needs to be broken and the price must stay ABOVE 2.50 for quite some time before heading towards 3.00.

Otherwise, if SGD/MYR goes below 2.30, the big psychological support would be the obvious 2.00...

And if more and more Singaporeans keep quitting Singapore within this decade, obviously they would need to keep SELLING SGD to buy other currencies, including MYR, which would cause the SGD/MYR exchange rate to go down even more...

Which is why the PAP government wants to maintain the attractiveness of Singapore for foreigners, in order to maintain the strength of the SGD, so that our purchasing power to buy foreign imports remains high, since such imports would be relatively cheaper for us to buy than for other countries to buy.

Personally, I think the SGD/MYR rate should remain range-bound between 2.30 and 2.50 for the remainder of this year...

So... good luck! haha

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jia lat Liao .... :( :(

Ringgit set to trade within 3.01 to 3.02
Published: 2012/02/25

The ringgit is likely to trade at the current level of 3.01 to 3.02 against the US dollar next week with external factors continuing to influence the movement of the local unit, dealers said.

Affin Investment Bank head of retail research, Dr Nazri Khan said, investors will keep a watchful eye on the performance of other major currencies such as yen, euro and pound.

"We see positive winding down of risk aversion with the Japanese Yen hit by broad weakness falling 0.5 per cent week-on-week while risk-on currencies such as euro and pound gain 1.5 and 0.2 per cent respectively," he said.

He, however, added investors would remain cautious over the progress and development in eurozone.

On a Friday-to-Friday basis, the ringgit traded higher against the US dollar at 3.0100/0150 from 3.0420/0450 and improved against the Singapore dollar to 2.3988/4035 from 2.4114/4144.

It also went up against the Japanese yen to 3.7350/7426 from 3.8477/8539 and strengthened against the British pound at 4.7480/7577 from 4.8061/8117 last week.

However, the local unit weakened against the euro to 4.0313/0395 from 3.9920/9972 last Friday. -- Bernama

Read more: Ringgit set to trade within 3.01 to 3.02
http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_Ne...120225113044/Article/index_html#ixzz1nMSN48ll

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today rate as follows :

Raffles : 2.398
Acrade : 2.398

Hope tomorrow will be at least 2.41 so that i can change money liao.