• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Electrical problem can u help?

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
ballast? ,

Yup but most of those hardware store uncles when I tell them ballast they look at me funny and when I draw them the picture they told me its called a choke. FYI I bought the 36/40W Ballast/ Choke the same type that I have been using for the last 5yrs.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should join Thugsin and me some of these days :biggrin:

When I break fast, I'll join you guys. Right this month, I'm still celibate since I became a vegetarian. I'm practicing on opening my third eye. So far, I've been quite successful in nourishing my pineal gland by learning primordial gigong tactics.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup but most of those hardware store uncles when I tell them ballast they look at me funny and when I draw them the picture they told me its called a choke. FYI I bought the 36/40W Ballast/ Choke the same type that I have been using for the last 5yrs.

isnt traditional ballast can last 10-20 years without any prob?

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hiya was wondering if any of you bros out there know anything about home electrical lighting? You see usually at home when the lights spoil usually I would change the starter or the tube and once in a blue moon the choke. However this time I am in a jam when my bathroom light won't work. I tried changing the starter and the tube but still it did not work. So I changed the choke and it worked but after I switched off and on again I smell something burnt and did not work again. After changing another new choke it worked again but after I switched off and on again it burnt again :( Was wondering if any of you chaps can help me out and advice me what to do next?

Thanks

Did you try replacing the electrical ballast?