• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Get a experience contractor to go down with you.

At one look, he more or less know the problem from flooring, piping, cabinet, electric point etc.

I usually engage them and pay around $300. He will usually work with my agent whom will also look out for problem.

Never renovate until all problem are settle.

Oh thanks, didn't know that a general contractor provide such a service at just RM300.
At that price, I'm sure it's just a simple walk-thru check.
I've checked with a professional architect firm and they are charging around RM5,000.

mchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh thanks, didn't know that a general contractor provide such a service at just RM300.
I've checked with a professional architect firm and they are charging around RM5,000.

Hi Investor,
Pls adv, Is it necessary to hire a professional architect firm at so high cost to inspect the hse? what happen after inspection and there are still leakage on roof and other problem still exist?so can blame architect for not doing a good job and ask for compensation? I am collecting keys soon so i'm not sure too what to do next (yes inspect the hse is a must but how?) i am just afraid that leakage on roof top after heavy rain, choke and leakage of drainage pipes cause all pipes are concealed in the wall. (are they able to detect the problem? if yes i dont mind paying a high inspection fee for this service. :smile: Thanks for sharing info here Bro!

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You bring in architect only when you suspect certain area is not up to the requirement.

Usually this are
1. width of staircase (not wide enough)
2. Roof alignment out
3. Wall not straight

I usually bring in a small ambience light bulb to test all the power points.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows what is the brand / name of the internal security alarm system (inside the house) built in Phase 7&8? I am thinking of adding motion detectors and window detectors, wondering if they can be added to the existing security alarm system. Else, I will have to buy a separate console. View attachment 9443

I believe Chubb got the job. The alarm are not commisioned in the house yet but they told there are points with motion sensor detector... for P2

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not being overly optimistic but structural defects are rare. DIY is the way to go... climb up the hole in the bathroom with a powerful floodlight. Most leakage should seep through the ceiling. Chey... no wonder they dint handover prior to rainy season.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi Investor,
Pls adv, Is it necessary to hire a professional architect firm at so high cost to inspect the hse? what happen after inspection and there are still leakage on roof and other problem still exist?so can blame architect for not doing a good job and ask for compensation? I am collecting keys soon so i'm not sure too what to do next (yes inspect the hse is a must but how?) i am just afraid that leakage on roof top after heavy rain, choke and leakage of drainage pipes cause all pipes are concealed in the wall. (are they able to detect the problem? if yes i dont mind paying a high inspection fee for this service. :smile: Thanks for sharing info here Bro!

Hi mchia,

I guess as a professional, they can definitely find more defects than ourselves but what you said is right, there's no way we can claim from the architect firm if lets say they missed out on certain defects and we find it later. What I can say is not to worry too much, the defect warranty is 2 years(if I'm not wrong) so you don't need to do a full professional check on the day of key-collection. If you or your tenants are staying there, just get defects rectified when you noticed them. Like LeMans said, I also doubt that there might be serious structural defects, most defects are just minor ones like leakage, cracked walls, chokes, uneven tiles, caulking and grouting not done properly(having gaps and crevices).

Here are 2 links for New House Inspection;
http://home.ipoline.com/~house/nh-insp.htm
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/385900

Here's the link to the architect firm which provides the inspection service;
http://www.architectcentre.com.my/ac/p3.asp?id=7

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You bring in architect only when you suspect certain area is not up to the requirement.

Usually this are
1. width of staircase (not wide enough)
2. Roof alignment out
3. Wall not straight

I usually bring in a small ambience light bulb to test all the power points.

Thanks for sharing, Shctaw.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not being overly optimistic but structural defects are rare. DIY is the way to go... climb up the hole in the bathroom with a powerful floodlight. Most leakage should seep through the ceiling. Chey... no wonder they dint handover prior to rainy season.

Thanks for the tip bro LeMans. When are you getting your keys?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

One more tip from my contractor friend....

Open all water points and let it run for 10 minutes.
Then look for leak or plumbing problems.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

One more tip from my contractor friend....

Open all water points and let it run for 10 minutes.
Then look for leak or plumbing problems.

Yes you are right, plus flushing of toilets to confirm that there's no choke.
But can't do that for EL Phase 2 now cos no water yet.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes you are right, plus flushing of toilets to confirm that there's no choke.
But can't do that for EL Phase 2 now cos no water yet.

haha.... for once we agree on something.....

Just to clarified my view on Iskandar properties are solely on Condominiums only.
Landed properties all over Zone B are still great buy.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

haha.... for once we agree on something.....

Just to clarified my view on Iskandar properties are solely on Condominiums only.
Landed properties all over Zone B are still great buy.

I think you could have mistaken me for someone else, maybe investor5 as his nick is almost the same as mine??

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yesterday :smile:
Seems like I was the only person in the whole EL phase2 yesterday

Congrats man! Sorry I forgot, is yours Type A or B? How was the feeling of getting the house you love so much?
I was there too at around 4.30pm-6.30pm and met a nice new neighbour.
Seems like you are not the only person in the whole of EL P2 unless you were there at a different time.
Hey I heard that EL pre-installed a water pump at second level for us but we need to get our own contractor to just connect it, are you aware of that?

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Congrats man! Sorry I forgot, is yours Type A or B? How was the feeling of getting the house you love so much?
I was there too at around 4.30pm-6.30pm and met a nice new neighbour.
Seems like you are not the only person in the whole of EL P2 unless you were there at a different time.
Hey I heard that EL pre-installed a water pump at second level for us but we need to get our own contractor to just connect it, are you aware of that?

Mine Type B. I was not told about the water pump... will have to check if it is in SPA? They couldn't possibly be so kind to install something not specified? ;>
I was too tired to count the switches and lighting points like you. But they did completely miss out the water outlet pipe in my guest room bathroom sink. Wah you got nice new neighbour, any hot chick? I drove pass your unit about 2pm. Was there almost whole day.

How was the feeling? I felt like moving back to stay in the house...

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

I will climb up and check myself when they have connected the water. I suspect they have a lot of cleaning to do, hence i don't want to go up yet. My toilet bowls looked atrocious... they promise to clean up... i saw many of the Malay aunties still hanging around doing cleaning

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mine Type B. I was not told about the water pump... will have to check if it is in SPA? They couldn't possibly be so kind to install something not specified? ;>
I was too tired to count the switches and lighting points like you. But they did completely miss out the water outlet pipe in my guest room bathroom sink. Wah you got nice new neighbour, any hot chick? I drove pass your unit about 2pm. Was there almost whole day.

How was the feeling? I felt like moving back to stay in the house...

You move to EL and you can get many hot chicks :biggrin: