• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'earthworms' in toilet

bugeyed

Alfrescian
Loyal
These worms breeds at moist/dark places and eats on algae

2. There may be small crevices in the walls or flooring and they breed, if so its very difficult to get rid of all of them.

Hmm...think there are some sense here...might rip out the silicon under the toilet door and check. Wifey saw them a few times there. Maybe they are breeding there, and all the time we concentrate fire at the floor trap instead and even put a acrylic cover on top of it when not bathing...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Silly orange jersey Alamaking never drove a car before.

Most likely what goes on in his mind, was to soak the Everyready or whatever brand batteries in water. Alamaking, must have not serve in N.S. or else how he doesn't not know what is battery water; Watson sells them too at 90c a bottle.

:biggrin:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try this link:

http://consumer-homes.feedquickstart.com/wood-flooring/worms-in-toilet-605324.html

Same problem you are having. Therein it mentioned sunlight, chlorine, etc.

A possible solution from website :http://thaimothball.com/index-en.html

http://www.allaboutworms.com/bathroom-worms-control-and-prevention

Hmm...think there are some sense here...might rip out the silicon under the toilet door and check. Wifey saw them a few times there. Maybe they are breeding there, and all the time we concentrate fire at the floor trap instead and even put a acrylic cover on top of it when not bathing...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My toilet i think cleaner than most malls' in SG :p. Must be my estate. I had to seal my rubbish chute completely because of cockroaches in the chute system. 2 months after complete reno, my new kitchen cabinet was infested with cockroaches, which came through the chute. Whenever TC fogs the chute (i had to email them to remind them), dead cockroaches can be seen everywhere at void deck.

The building lagi best; my neighbour above asked if I had a machine in my house, as his living room floor vibrates now and then. THen we realized it's because we turned on our ceiling fan!

In that case, you got to the root of the infestations, the building, maybe you have voted for the wrong people who run the TC..this is your penance, you have to repent!..ha! ha! ha!. You got to tell the TC people of this & HDB too, show them the evidence.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I meant wass the battery water extracted from your car battery that contains sulfuric acid and it corrodes fabric and kills algae.

The one bought at watson is distilled water to fill up the car battery, commonly known as battery water to the common layman driver, not the "battery water" I mentioned earlier.

Most likely what goes on in his mind, was to soak the Everyready or whatever brand batteries in water. Alamaking, must have not serve in N.S. or else how he doesn't not know what is battery water; Watson sells them too at 90c a bottle.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are using sliding panels for the bath room.......one more area to check are the gaps under the fixtures of the sliding door panels.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What I meant wass the battery water extracted from your car battery that contains sulfuric acid and it corrodes fabric and kills algae.

The one bought at watson is distilled water to fill up the car battery, commonly known as battery water to the common layman driver, not the "battery water" I mentioned earlier.

I know, was kidding on the Distill Water at Watson, I have filled Batteries during N.S. days with battery water to charge them.:biggrin:

bugeyed

Alfrescian
Loyal
In that case, you got to the root of the infestations, the building, maybe you have voted for the wrong people who run the TC..this is your penance, you have to repent!..ha! ha! ha!. You got to tell the TC people of this & HDB too, show them the evidence.

No, I don't have to repent. Though like many sammies here, I have been let down twice this year!

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Extract water directly from the car battery. Only the water inside the wet battery cells contain sulphuric acid which is necessary for the electroes to pass between the lead panels to generate charge (something like that lah:p)

Last time in army, we add sulphuric acid to water and pour inside drain to kill all the alage. After one flush, the drain is bone cleaned, not a trace of alage, only bare concrete.:biggrin:

Difficult to get sulphuric acid in stores, so get from car battery lor:p

What is battery water?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Extract water directly from the car battery. Only the water inside the wet battery cells contain sulphuric acid which is necessary for the electroes to pass between the lead panels to generate charge (something like that lah:p)

Last time in army, we add sulphuric acid to water and pour inside drain to kill all the alage. After one flush, the drain is bone cleaned, not a trace of alage, only bare concrete.:biggrin:

Difficult to get sulphuric acid in stores, so get from car battery lor:p
Its the same with Bleach, just pour a capful in the toilet bowl, leave it overnight, next morning you flush it, it is clean, lol

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

KNN Alamaking never served NS still talking so much. :mad: :oIo:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL, then got rechargeable battery water or not? LOL

You're really silly beyond cure. I'm not about to waste time giving you electrics or physics lessons. I know you understand basic Chinese. Look at the Chinese for battery, 电池 first, it was first invented as liquid, then then developed into 干电池 solidified.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're really silly beyond cure. I'm not about to waste time giving you electrics or physics lessons. I know you understand basic Chinese. Look at the Chinese for battery, 电池 first, it was first invented as liquid, then then developed into 干电池 solidified.
I didnt go to my "O" level Physics, F9, my physic teacher called me on that morning, I told him I'm not interested, he stunned for a while, LOL.

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hot boiling water works when it is hot. I tried also...... after cooking noodles I pour it near the opening of the drainage in the toilet, the worms still reappear soon after.

Diluted sulphuric acid if seeps into the cracks, kills algae and worms between the crevices and leaves an acidic residue to repel..... but can irritate skin if the skin is not washed throughly.

If got children at home, then exercise caution when using it lor.

Just to add, chlorine also can but not as effective, but beware of the fumes. Chlorine content in bleach is too little to be effective for the task at hand though.

Thats why I recommend hot boiling water.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I didnt go to my "O" level Physics, F9, my physic teacher called me on that morning, I told him I'm not interested, he stunned for a while, LOL.

I'm suprised that he was stunned. It should be no surprise with someone as silly as you. I'm only surprised that he didn't call for IMH ambulance.