• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Chee, a real threat to PAP... Democratically Speaking

KopiO

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP before CSJ was a much more respected entity.

Why couldn't CSJ form his own political party instead of stealing CST's? SDP before CSJ could put more than one MP into Parliament. What has CSJ achieved with SDP? After being forced to leave his own political party, CST could still get himself into Parliament. What exactly has CSJ achieved for SDP since effectively taking over SDP by coup d'état from CST?

[h=2]SDP Wall of Shame[/h]
Dr Chee Soon Juan, 47 (Sec-Gen)

1992 - Misappropriated funds as NUS staff, drank glucose while on hunger strike

1993 - Overthrew Chiam See Tong as Sec-Gen, Chiam sued the SDP, SDP lost and paid Chiam damages

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you please continue shaming this stooge.

You are the stooge doggie who should be shamed. Shameless is your other name for putting down a patriot willing to die for sinkapoor.

Didnt RadioAddict also say: I also very admire his perseverance.

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP before CSJ was a much more respected entity.

Why couldn't CSJ form his own political party instead of stealing CST's? SDP before CSJ could put more than one MP into Parliament. What has CSJ achieved with SDP? After being forced to leave his own political party, CST could still get himself into Parliament. What exactly has CSJ achieved for SDP since effectively taking over SDP by coup d'état from CST?

1, SDP = PAP
2, PAP = SDP
3 PE tell you all.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Early in his political career, told friends that this man will either go mad or ended up in jail or became a fugitive..

Well today he is defintely not insane though many people including educated ones still labeled him mad man. His many brushes with the law saw him serving short jail terms but today he is still able to walk around a free man although he is not allowed to travel abroad. And he never was a fugitive.

Many do not like his brand of politics considering it confrontational and some accused him of collusion with foreign agencies. But what this man preaches are basic core values in a democratic system - just, fair & caring society, accountable government and democratic institutions. What is wrong with that?

Singapore is the only country of the four Asian dragons that have more or less unchanged political system. Hong Kong is now part of China as a SAR. Dictatorial regimes in South Korea and Taiwan are things of the past. So in a way this man is ahead of his times politically and even to this day Sinkies could not identify with or accept him and his ideas. In years to come surely things will change lah but just hope that my beloved nation is not left too far behind...

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many do not like his brand of politics considering it confrontational and some accused him of collusion with foreign agencies. But what this man preaches are basic core values in a democratic system - just, fair & caring society, accountable government and democratic institutions. What is wrong with that?

Well said. I'm long resigned to the conclusion that Sinkies do not deserve this man, nor his ideals and vision for a more progressive, democratic society.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many do not like his brand of politics considering it confrontational and some accused him of collusion with foreign agencies.

I remember watching the movie "The Lady" starring Michelle Yeoh as Mdm Aung San Suu Kyi. In the movie, it was her foreigner husband who went around lobbying for her Nobel Peace Prize in order to raise her international profile as a form of protection against the military regime in Burma. It worked, and nobody seems to complain that she is colluding with foreign agencies.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember watching the movie "The Lady" starring Michelle Yeoh as Mdm Aung San Suu Kyi. In the movie, it was her foreigner husband who went around lobbying for her Nobel Peace Prize in order to raise her international profile as a form of protection against the military regime in Burma. It worked, and nobody seems to complain that she is colluding with foreign agencies.

Dumb Sinkies have bought into the PAP's mantra that local politics are the exclusive domain of Singaporeans only. That's largely true in a genuine democracy, but people forget that authoritarian and fascist regimes usually collapse only when people power and political struggles within are combined with international pressure without, e.g. apartheid South Africa, Burma.

Many authoritarian leaders, old fart included, want 'face' on the international stage even as they decry foreign interference, and economic sanctions usually hit the ruling elite hardest since the people are already impoverished.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The term "confrontational" style is a label created by the PAP. There is nothing wrong with being confrontational and JBJ had a similar approach. The fault is not that Singaporeans are not ready or not prepared to accept him because of his style or brand of politics.

The issue is the wrong application of strategy and tactics. Rather than engage voters directly and get into parliament, he spent too much attention on the PAP. He should simply ignore the PAP and deal with the voters directly.

Take a leaf from VW's book. They are from the same party. VW is clearly not afraiid to confront but you can see that there is a clear connection with voters. Note also that VW has never attempted to get jailed or force the PAP's hand. Tactically it does not make sense.

There are signs that CSJ and the party are leaning towards a more effective style. Lets hope he has his hour in the sun eventually.

Early in his political career, told friends that this man will either go mad or ended up in jail or became a fugitive..

Well today he is defintely not insane though many people including educated ones still labeled him mad man. His many brushes with the law saw him serving short jail terms but today he is still able to walk around a free man although he is not allowed to travel abroad. And he never was a fugitive.

Singapore is the only country of the four Asian dragons that have more or less unchanged political system. Hong Kong is now part of China as a SAR. Dictatorial regimes in South Korea and Taiwan are things of the past. So in a way this man is ahead of his times politically and even to this day Sinkies could not identify with or accept him and his ideas. In years to come surely things will change lah but just hope that my beloved nation is not left too far behind...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
VEry simple question, would you want CSJ to be the PM and lead the nation? Sorry, but my answer is a NO

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are signs that CSJ and the party are leaning towards a more effective style. Lets hope he has his hour in the sun eventually.

It will be helpful if supporters stopping carving him as the opposition messiah that stands above the rest. In terms of "effective style" you mentioned, he is just starting to follow the shoes of all the others who had been walking the ground and contesting elections all this while, whatever his pluses and strengths.

I was telling a friend who said SDP had the first youth wing, first political videos, best alternative programme, best blog etc. I said yes, agree, unfortunately he did not pioneer one of the most important firsts - first in parliamentary breakthrough. That will be WP's to keep for a long time, due to his own choice to denounce electoral change.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wouldnt take a chance on him with my family futures on the line, would you?
you sticking with pappies? good for you.
its a dead end road in case you dun already know.
FYI without PAP as govt...the world won't collapse overnight you know?

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I wouldnt take a chance on him with my family futures on the line, would you?

Sometimes all that we need to jolt into the system is maybe a fearless mad man who would heckle boring old men and women in white.

Why so? To let them know what they are doing is not merely rubber stamping but that if they do not have the right heads, they shouldn't be there trying to wear the right caps in the first place :biggrin: