• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Chee, a real threat to PAP... Democratically Speaking

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So CSJ is a threat to PAP. If he is a threat why give him a $470,000 discount to stand for election? If he is a threat, he would have raised the full sum himself If he has the support to be a threat? Or is he now considered the new pseudo-opposition?

It's rather uncanny for CSJ to move away from his civil disobedience and lawsuit-inviting statements, moving closer to WP in terms of strategy and wanting to contest elections, being nicer to PAP and inviting a PAP member to a forum, SDP supporters who are at the same time critics of the WP have kept silent and instead of turning vocal against SDP they continue to be vocal towards WP, especially of late.

I am quite sure what the reaction of WP critics would be against WP if WP move to be even more agreeable with PAP or endorse the election system.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So CSJ is a threat to PAP.

SDP is a threat, not CSJ.

CSJ will be a threat - if he gets into Parliament. But he has to get elected first. With his image systematically destroyed by the MSM and the lawsuits over the years, no thanks to a gullible unthinking electorate who believe everything the Pappies say, it will be very difficult for him to win enough votes to get into Parliament.

Even today, ordinarily rational and educated Singaporeans continue to be suckered into thinking that CSJ is some unstable loony out to destabilize the country through his 'antics'; or he is 'colluding' with foreign agents to take over power.

That's why I always say: stupid Sinkies (the 60%) don't deserve CSJ.

Balancemind

Alfrescian
Loyal
All signs indicate that he is suitable for parliament to raise concerns and drive causes but not government. These are 2 different things. In many ways he is like JBJ - horses for causes. He is rather philosophical, quite abstract but not pragmatic nor effective in leadership.

What you have so stated should be good enought for the hard pressed citizens. It's about time the citizens do sent in a few pit bulls into Parliament to keep the FAP in check for the present one in Parliament are simply just too gentle and quite in their approach and not to say their fear of the Law of Defamation that strike fear within their heart have been openly admitted by them. Hope the two gentlemen are honourable in what they have shown when time comes for them to honour their committment to the OA when the agreed amount is being tabled before them in full and final settlement of the bankruptcy.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hope the two gentlemen are honourable in what they have shown when time comes for them to honour their committment to the OA when the agreed amount is being tabled before them in full and final settlement of the bankruptcy.

I just wonder whether there is a deadline to accept and bring to completion this settlement. Most settlements do have deadlines. Just don't assume there aren't.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So CSJ is a threat to PAP. If he is a threat why give him a $470,000 discount to stand for election? If he is a threat, he would have raised the full sum himself If he has the support to be a threat? Or is he now considered the new pseudo-opposition?

CSJ WILL NEVER be a threat to the PAP. If he can be trusted, a tiger can be your pillow.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he is an idiot. The most idiotic kind. Therefore I find no reason to read his ramblings.

It is for this reason some are of the view that he is PAP greatest political asset... for giving the opposition a bad name....

and not surprising..Ho Ching who share the same bed as PM is PAP greatest liability..
she is the one who give a bad name to transparency and accoutability...

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CSJ WILL NEVER be a threat to the PAP. If he can be trusted, a tiger can be your pillow.

Dr Chee has been around for many years, and gives me the feeling that for everything he/SDP does and the reasons given, there are underlying reasons behind it.

Take for example ths latest National Conversation dialogue started by SDP. The intention appears to be putting other opposition parties in a quandary. Accept the invite and look like you are accepting National Conversation, or decline and be seen as the master of opposition disunity. Also, the invites were not private but made public, with the intent of giving other parties lesser room to decline. Before that, they did not bother to bounce off the idea verbally if other parties will be keen on such a dialogue.

If that is the case, SDP needs to ask themselves if their opponent is the PAP or they merely want to be like winning some "most outstanding opposition" award.

I wonder if the prone for hidden agenda is the accepted standard of a politician and the rest (ie within PAP and WP) are weaklings except in Singapore, or is it the other way around.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
those who talk about the 'good or bad' opposition, 'fake or real' or the 'right or wrong' type of opposition is putting the cart before the horse.....

I say.....Vote the white scums out first then we will sort out these issues.

Dun worry sinkieland will not collapse without the pappies in power......

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder if the prone for hidden agenda is the accepted standard of a politician and the rest (ie within PAP and WP) are weaklings except in Singapore, or is it the other way around.

To be fair, CSJ and the SDP have always been in favour of opposition unity, because that's the only way to defeat the powerful incumbent. If you remember, prior to GE2011, in late 2010, he extended an invitation to all the opposition parties to a meeting to discuss a loose alliance for the GE, but got a lukewarm response instead and the initiative fizzled out.

A fragmented opposition is exactly what the PAP wants, and until all the opposition parties pool their resources and work together, I don't see an opposition government - not even a coalition - after GE2016.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be fair, CSJ and the SDP have always been in favour of opposition unity, because that's the only way to defeat the powerful incumbent. If you remember, prior to GE2011, in late 2010, he extended an invitation to all the opposition parties to a meeting to discuss a loose alliance for the GE, but got a lukewarm response instead and the initiative fizzled out.

A fragmented opposition is exactly what the PAP wants, and until all the opposition parties pool their resources and work together, I don't see an opposition government - not even a coalition - after GE2016.

I am clear that the purpose was opposition unity and the SDP forum was the platform. But why SDP chose a public forum to iron out opposition unity beats me. There are many ways and most political parties commonly choose a closed-door session of party leaders.

For eg, the horse-trading session before every general election is a closed-door, opposition-only session. It would be inane to hold a public forum, celebratory dinner, mahjong session or blog about it, hoping that something can be ironed out.

In the end, the forum turned out to be a WP-bashing and Chiam-bashing forum, which went against the purpose. Not only did SDP not control the forum, they are holding again what I deem will end up with a similar outcome, that those present can bash those absent one more round.

I kind of think the outcome was what SDP desires.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many things are staged. He may appear to have paid too high a price. Can that be one way to convince the majority he is real opposition?

Of course, one never knows for sure. Still, I think he's bona fide, if only for the reason that SDP has been neutered since CST days and he has long outlived his usefulness (to the regime) as a contrarian opposition figure.

Just curious - is it just an educated guess, or do you actually have some 'inside' info?

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal

the PAP is very cunning. they are playing up the sentiment that dr chee is here to divide the opposition. just as the WP appears to be unifying the opposition voters, the PAP "unleashes" dr chee by giving him a discount on his fine. they believe he will split the opposition. perhaps chee has learnt from the WP experience and is playing more towards the middle ground. if the SDP seizes a GRC and WP remains status quo after 2016, things will get interesting.

it remains to be seen who will have checkmate. this game of chess is one to watch. outcomes will shape our nation's next lap.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, for such matters it shouldn't be guess work. Not fair for the person involved.

Let's just say I am prepared to bet my liver and kidney on being right.

I'll take your bet then. Where's the proof that he's a fake opposition, just like those jokers in WP? :confused: