• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DPM Teo questions honesty of Workers' Party, Png Eng Huat

votepapout

Alfrescian
Loyal
DPM Teo questions honesty of Workers' Party, Png Eng Huat
By S Ramesh | Posted: 22 May 2012 1942 hrs
display_image.php
Photos 1 of 1<input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" height="15" type="image" width="19"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18">

<tbody>
</tbody>
dotline_240.gif

People's Action Party's first assistant secretary-general Teo Chee Hean speaking at the party's first rally for the Hougang by-election. (photo by channelnewsasia.com's Siti Bazilah)
Related News
shim.gif
shim.gif

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

inShare​

<tbody> </tbody>

SINGAPORE: Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean has questioned the honesty of the Workers' Party and its candidate for the Hougang by-election Png Eng Huat, and whether the party has been upfront with voters.

Speaking to reporters after a tour of the constituency on Monday, Mr Teo, who is also PAP's 1st Assistant Secretary-General, said that events in the last two days have raised questions.

The by-election campaign in Hougang has reached its halfway mark and Mr Teo said that it has been by and large, good and clean. But one aspect has saddened him, and it is related to what has been written online.

Mr Teo said: "There is another aspect of the campaign this time round, by and large it has been good, and it has been clean. But there is one aspect which has saddened me and disappointed me a little particularly online."

"Those who claim to be supporters of the Workers' Party dragged in their grandmothers, made all sorts of wild accusations, even unfortunately tried to capitalise on a tragic incident to make voters angry and emotional.

"I am very saddened by that, they claim to be supporters of the Workers' Party, I think they should stop doing that. I am ashamed people are doing these kinds of things on the net."

One important point which leaders of the People's Action Party have been emphasising as they make their rounds in Hougang with their candidate Desmond Choo, is the need and importance for them to choose the right candidate so that he can deliver the programmes for the residents.

Mr Teo said it is not clear if the Workers' Party has been putting its best man forward for Hougang. He also said Mr Png's statements in the last two days - that he was not keen on the Non-Constituency MP post - were contradictory.

Mr Teo said: "What he said yesterday and what he said today contradict each other, either he was telling the truth yesterday or he was telling the truth today. So I think I will wait for him to see what he has to say tonight, give him a fair chance to clarify matter.

"The last few days, especially events over the last two days, it raises two issues, one of honesty and being upfront and honest with the voters here in Hougang. I think we shouldn't take them for granted and I think they deserve the best.

"It is not clear the Workers' Party has been putting their best man here and they have not been upfront and honest with the workers. I think they should do that and I am looking forward to hear what they have to say tonight."

Mr Teo added that they now have the opportunity to vote in a new man for a new beginning for the constituency, and urged voters to give their support to PAP candidate Desmond Choo.

Mr Teo said he is looking forward to hear what the Workers' Party leaders have to say at their rally on Tuesday about the candidacy of Mr Png and the contradictory statements made.

Meanwhile, Mr Desmond Choo said he is pressing on.

"The NCMP incident is something for the Workers' Party to deal with. For me it is about making sure we finish strong, we make sure we deliver the message we believed in all along and make sure voters understand me as a person and make the decision between Mr Png and myself," said Mr Choo.

Mr Choo said he will continue reaching out to voters to convince them that he is the best man they should vote for.

-CNA/ac

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
CNA wrote an entire article about nothing. Who in particular is dishonest in WP. The PAP did not sack or ask Desmond's uncle to step down despite all his cases of misconduct and he resigned from parliament only after his conviction.

Even Singapore Island Country Club had more balls in suspending the MP when he behaved in an inappropriate manner. Despite his conviction and incarceration in jail for Cheating, they still allowed him to take up post for state funded activity and again he misused his trust and cheated the govt.

Who exactly is the dishonest arsehole here. Teo Chee Hean or some nobody. Teo has to come clean on why Choo Wee Khiang was allowed to take a position in an entity that was receiving state funding despite his conviction for cheating.

PAP cannot have double standards and still talk about honesty. Its like a pedophile talking about good parenting.

Last edited:

insignia

Alfrescian
Loyal
CNA wrote an entire article about nothing. Who in particular is dishonest in WP. The PAP did not sack or ask Desmond's uncle to step down despite all his cases of misconduct and he resigned from parliament only after his conviction.

Even Singapore Island Country Club had more balls in suspending the MP when he behaved in an inappropriate manner. Despite his conviction and incarceration in jail for Cheating, they still allowed him to take up post for state funded activity and again he misused his trust and cheated the govt.

Who exactly is the dishonest arsehole here. Teo Chee Hean or some nobody. Teo has to come clean on why Choo Wee Khiang was allowed to take a position in an entity that was receiving state funding despite his conviction for cheating.

PAP cannot have double standards and still talk about honesty. Its like a pedophile talking about good parenting.

Nonetheless, one has to admit that Png has scored an own goal. He claimed that he was never in the running for the NCMP post but the WP meeting minutes proved otherwise - he was in the running and received 1 vote (and lost to Gerald Giam's 7 votes). He need not have made the statement about never being in the running, and unfortunately he dug himself into a hole.

Teo Chee Hean has not really done anything unethical here. He has just raised a legitimate claim. However, comparing Png with Yaw Shin Leong would be hypocritical because of Shanmugam's own alleged affairs and PAP's decision to do nothing about it.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every word that Teo chee Hean had said during the campaign about WP is true.
So far, we have not heard a word of rebuttal to what Teo said from the opposition.

Cheers

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every word that Teo chee Hean had said during the campaign about WP is true.
So far, we have not heard a word of rebuttal to what Teo said from the opposition.

Cheers

Towkay Loh already explained things during the rally earlier..

What kind of rebuttal you want?

Maybe you should insert this up your Butt.. Cucumber-UPR-low-res.gif

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wtf is he talking about? What tragic incident? Did he mean Desmond choo's uncle was tragically jailed for corruption? Teo CH should stop being a fucking coward for hiding behind innuendos. Why doesnt he name sources, names, monikers, nicks or whatever. Who said what?

"Those who claim to be supporters of the Workers' Party dragged in their grandmothers, made all sorts of wild accusations, even unfortunately tried to capitalise on a tragic incident to make voters angry and emotional.

"I am very saddened by that, they claim to be supporters of the Workers' Party, I think they should stop doing that. I am ashamed people are doing these kinds of things on the net."

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
This kind of smearing politics is nothing new for PAP. Typical of PAP to catch you on petty point and force you into a corner, GMS adopts exactly the same style in all his arguments. Png is not the sharpest politician around but still you don't give your vote to PAP for that. A safe bet is to always ignore PAP for their petty accusations.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wtf is he talking about? What tragic incident? Did he mean Desmond choo's uncle was tragically jailed for corruption? Teo CH should stop being a fucking coward for hiding behind innuendos. Why doesnt he name sources, names, monikers, nicks or whatever. Who said what?
Well, that's not a tragic incident but a fact. Here's the pic I posted. The earlier ones posted does not identify which party CHOO WEE KHIANG was from. This one is an update.

pc_600x450.jpg

Attachments

• pc_600x450.jpg
    pc_600x450.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chonburifc said:
Well, that's not a tragic incident but a fact. Here's the pic I posted. The earlier ones posted does not identify which party CHOO WEE KHIANG was from. This one is an update.

Obviously ashamed to put the party's name there. What is that expression? A pot calling the kettle black?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
For all you know, it may be the pappy ib doing it and pretending to be opposition supporters online.:(

If this is true, this type ish call create incidents to tell story......just guess guess only.

Mr Teo said: "There is another aspect of the campaign this time round, by and large it has been good, and it has been clean. But there is one aspect which has saddened me and disappointed me a little particularly online."

-CNA/ac

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I believe he meant people comparing the Ferrari accident with voting for PAP.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nonetheless, one has to admit that Png has scored an own goal. He claimed that he was never in the running for the NCMP post but the WP meeting minutes proved otherwise - he was in the running and received 1 vote (and lost to Gerald Giam's 7 votes). He need not have made the statement about never being in the running, and unfortunately he dug himself into a hole.

Teo Chee Hean has not really done anything unethical here. He has just raised a legitimate claim. However, comparing Png with Yaw Shin Leong would be hypocritical because of Shanmugam's own alleged affairs and PAP's decision to do nothing about it.

TCH remark can be easily rebutted and I don't understand how come WP can be put on a defensive over this. sigh...

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCH remark can be easily rebutted and I don't understand how come WP can be put on a defensive over this. sigh...

Yes WP should have asked PAP for their BEST candidate in recent history. Is Teo Chee Hean the ONE? Lets see him standing in Hougang next...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Teo can't even explain what he is talking about, how is going to contribute as a cabinet minister and DPM. How can formulate policies when he does not even know about the issues and he is talking about. LTK was again his shrewd self when he stated what is there to rebuttal.

maxxieb

Alfrescian
Loyal
ah teo talk so much no use lah!!!
one reason for hougang to continue vote WP is because.........the lift in hougang is built using town council funds not from the PAP garment!!!!!!!!!!
hougang plp will continue say no to PAP as they already sufffer for 21 years liao....there is no reason for them to bow down to PAP now!!!!

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes WP should have asked PAP for their BEST candidate in recent history. Is Teo Chee Hean the ONE? Lets see him standing in Hougang next...

They don't even need to go to this extent. Just simply point out that PEH is more suitable (don't need to be the best) since he spent alot of time helping out during MPS in HG and hence residents here are very familiar with him. TCH attack will simply neutralize just like that.