• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Distasteful PAP's Distraction!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think the Govt is trying to divert attention by raising or highlighting the recent issues. In fact these issues do reflect badly on the govt.

You heard of disinformation, misinformation, use of bogeymen by govts to divert attention from pressure areas?

For the past one year, the pap has been under tremendous pressure because of its bad policies. It knows that the pressures will get worse. The pap is trying to lessen the pressure. It seeks to buy time. One way to buy time is to get the people fixated on less damaging but exciting and interesting topics. Torrid sex is a proven formula to get people fixed on that topic

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well well,the MIW knew very well that SEX sells in this whiter-than-white Country called Singapore.
The miw may have the best talents n technology but they could not solve the social problems because they are
Unethical n immoral ar**holes .

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well well,the MIW knew very well that SEX sells in this whiter-than-white Country called Singapore.
The miw may have the best talents n technology but they could not solve the social problems because they are
Unethical n immoral ar**holes .

Agree..besides their lack of talent, it is compounded by the fact that the pap does not see the root causes of so many problems. They try to treat the symptoms rather than the cause.

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree..besides their lack of talent, it is compounded by the fact that the pap does not see the root causes of so many problems. They try to treat the symptoms rather than the cause.

You've summed up everything that is wrong in this country. Not enough babies, doctors, lawyers, etc. The latest paper on population treats the symptoms rather than the cause.

BIGGERFUCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
You've summed up everything that is wrong in this country. Not enough babies, doctors, lawyers, etc. The latest paper on population treats the symptoms rather than the cause.

50% of the people inside the PAP machinery requires to be removed. Of this, maybe 5-10% need to jailed fined till bankrupt. To realign Singapore overnight is not difficult. Singapore is a small place and centralized. LHL can clean up the mess if he really wants to grow Singapore for Singaporeans and his own kiddies. If he does not do it, Singapore will become a mess, but not to worry, foreign influence will direct the course for SGP if LHL cannot do it. It is in the making.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the FT policy is like a football team grooming foreign players at young age & hopefully they get home-grown status after a few years. Alas, some will choose to go to greener pastures.

all the while, the local players are deprived of an opportunity to grow & develope. Whilst all efforts go out to woo foreign talents - how about spending more resources to groom local population?

the statement that FT children top the class speaks as such. On one hand, yes, they are hungrier and have greater desire of success -but I am afraid LKY's theory of using foreigners to act as a spur in our hides is going to backfire. We will respond with resent & more alieniation to the outsiders.

Well, of course he can say that, he can say much more - because he does not have many more years to go. When he goes, he don't care how we carry on the shit.

seriously sometimes, i feel, since we are not welcomed here, might as well be mobile and move to elsewhere and become talents ourselves !

Doubblur

Alfrescian
Loyal
the statement that FT children top the class speaks as such. On one hand, yes, they are hungrier and have greater desire of success -but I am afraid LKY's theory of using foreigners to act as a spur in our hides is going to backfire. We will respond with resent & more alieniation to the outsiders.

Well, of course he can say that, he can say much more - because he does not have many more years to go. When he goes, he don't care how we carry on the shit.

LKY talk cock and save face tactic only. He knows his 2-is-enough policy backfire disaster but die die won't admit. I chatted with an old friend recently. He owns an HDB provision shop. He likes foreigners. Most of his customers are foreigners. I don't blame him also. Without bigger population, smaller shops can't survive.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The PAP's solution of not enough citizens is to import foreigners which is a temporary but silly solution. Importing foreigners is treating the symptom but has not traet the root cause. The root cause is that Singaporeans are so stressed out that they dont want to get married, they dont want to have babies. if the pap wants to solve this problem, it has to go deep down to the root cause...otherwise treating the symptoms wont work in the long term...many Singaporeans will migrate...and the new citizens will soon not make babies too...so what happens next, continue to import more? such a silly solution cant be used perpetually.

Maybe the pap can say that we will import 15000 new citizens a year for 10 years.....but after the 10years, there must be policies in place to help Singaporeans want to have more babies. Keep on importing is not a solution.

Also importing new migrants causes much social division and problems

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
50% of the people inside the PAP machinery requires to be removed. Of this, maybe 5-10% need to jailed fined till bankrupt. To realign Singapore overnight is not difficult. Singapore is a small place and centralized. LHL can clean up the mess if he really wants to grow Singapore for Singaporeans and his own kiddies. If he does not do it, Singapore will become a mess, but not to worry, foreign influence will direct the course for SGP if LHL cannot do it. It is in the making.

Agree with you.

But i see the biggest problem in SG is LKY and LHL. They are the biggest stumbling block. Remove these two Lees and maybe a new leader will be good for SG

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the FT policy is like a football team grooming foreign players at young age & hopefully they get home-grown status after a few years. Alas, some will choose to go to greener pastures.

all the while, the local players are deprived of an opportunity to grow & develope. Whilst all efforts go out to woo foreign talents - how about spending more resources to groom local population?

seriously sometimes, i feel, since we are not welcomed here, might as well be mobile and move to elsewhere and become talents ourselves !

many young singaporeans are already migrating. That's why importing new migrants is a double edged sword. It beefs up the numbers but it creates social problems and we lose our own sons and daughters to other countries

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We shd never import foreigners to increase demand to help small businesses survive. Importing foreigners causes other problems which will more than negate the increase in demand

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
We shd never import foreigners to increase demand to help small businesses survive. Importing foreigners causes other problems which will more than negate the increase in demand

We don't import foreigners to increase demand but to increase supply and competitiveness. You don't even know what you are talking about sir.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We don't import foreigners to increase demand but to increase supply and competitiveness. You don't even know what you are talking about sir.

That's exactly what I am saying..."We shd never import foreigners to increase demand"

We are saying the same thing..

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats correct, we are not importing them to increase demand but to increase supply, demand will naturally kick in as well thru multipliers effect.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
how about spending more resources to groom local population?

Before any grooming is done, potential has to be shown. LKY surveyed the quality of the local gene pool and decided it was not up to scratch. He's absolutely right.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Thats correct, we are not importing them to increase demand but to increase supply, demand will naturally kick in as well thru multipliers effect.

All I can say is that the British imported the wrong bunch of Chinamen. They should have sent back those from the South and encouraged those from the North to settle in Singapore.

If it had been done right the first time round, the PAP wouldn't have had to embark upon a second round of PRC imports.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
All I can say is that the British imported the wrong bunch of Chinamen. They should have sent back those from the South and encouraged those from the North to settle in Singapore.

If it had been done right the first time round, the PAP wouldn't have had to embark upon a second round of PRC imports.

North or south are the same, regardless of race, language or religion.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
North or south are the same, regardless of race, language or religion.

I disagree..Northern Chinese are distinctly different from Southern Chinese. Shenyang gals and Shanghai gals are generally taller, fairer and smoother than Sounthern gals .