• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Distasteful PAP's Distraction!

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
A foreign friend of mine asked me recently whether Singaporeans are obsessed with sex scandals. He was quite puzzled with the attention on first the CNB and SCDF sex scandal, then YSL and now the high-profile, mass prosecution of men in connection with having sex with underaged prostitutes.

I have to agree with him that we appear quite obsessed with sex, although I told him it's just incidental they came one after another. Don't feel good ;(

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
from the way they see and tackle the problems, we can tell the ministers are substandard.

LTY's solution to road congestion is to reduce COE quota, increase ERP...such simplistic solutions dont need brains.

That's true. In fact, for the past 25 years, all the PAP has to offer as solutions to any problem is to increase taxes, fees and charges. Who doesn't know how to do that. And LKY calls these people the A Team?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not? If the guy can resurrect, why not? Why would you wish him to stay dead?

You expect LKY to resurrect after his demise?

Based on science and facts so far, I dont agree with LKY that he can rise from his grave if something goes wrong with SG. If ever he is resurrected from his grave, it will not be LKY's doing. It will be by the power of his Creator.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BTW, you mean to say all this prostitution thingy was a set up by PAP? They manged to get so many people to collaborate?

Read Post#1 again. Where did I say that the PAP set up the underage prostitution thing?

The distasteful PAP distraction was to get the SG media to give wide coverage, handling and shaming of the men so as to get Singaporeans mind off the real issues confronting SG.

You dont think the media coverage was overdone and affects the innocent families of the accused?
Doesnt that leave a bad taste in your mouth?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why do you have so much hatred for LKY? what did he do to you?

Do you disagree that LKY has done much harm to Singapore and many innocent Singaporeans whose only "crime" is that they have enough courage to disagree with him.

Many dictators, including Hitler and Saddam, did some good in their lives. But did these good absolve them for their crimes against humanities?

LKY may have achieved some economic and material successes in SG. But will these achievements nullify the killings of thousands of unborn babies, unjustified criminalising of legitimate loyal Singaporeans who opposed him like Chia Thye Poh, JBJ, TLH, FS, CSJ, etc?

Dont be myopic and be swayed by what you read in the SG media. Widen your horizon and know that the world is bigger than SG and LKY.

Put on your thinking cap. Be courageous!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
let's bet on it since there's no law against betting with tracy. if i win, you strip. if you win, i write a poem for you. i'll give you 10 years. let's see if the pap will be removed from power in two 5-year election cycles. i can't be waiting forever.

hahaha..you seriously believe that PAP will govern SG for long?

even LKY said that he is unsure whether the pap can win after 10yrs.

whether it's 10 or 15 years or 20yrs, the pap knows that it has lost the trust and support of Singaporeans. It is a matter of time before they are voted out. But the pap will try all ways and means to delay such an eventuality. My guess is that it will come sooner than later

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tracy could be spot on.

I expect more juicy news to be revealed, disseminated and coordinated by the SG media to keep Singaporeans minds from social and political issues and grant the pap ministers some reprieve.

Singaporeans must be wise and see through the pap's misinform, disinform, distraction strategies

When Malaysia was under Mahathir, the malaysian politicians used to use Singapore as the bogeyman to distract malaysians from malaysia's internal problems.

Is the pap using and sensationalising SG sex scandals as a bogeyman to distract Singaporeans from the social, economic problems in SG and and the poor performance of the pap ministers?

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You mean you didn't know what he did? When was the last time you have your ears and eyes check up?

“I make no apologies that the PAP is the Government and the Government is the PAP.”
- Lee Kuan Yew, Petir, 1982

“I will make him crawl on his bended knees, and beg for mercy.”
- Lee Kuan Yew on J. B. Jeyaretnam, as reported by Devan Nair, 1981

“We have to lock up people, without trial, whether they are communists, whether they are language chauvinists, whether they are religious extremists. If you don’t do that, the country would be in ruins.”
- Lee Kuan Yew, 1986

“I am often accused of interfering in the private lives of citizens. Yes, if I did not, had I not done that, we wouldn’t be here today. And I say without the slightest remorse, that we wouldn’t be here, we would not have made economic progress, if we had not intervened on very personal matters – who your neighbour is, how you live, the noise you make, how you spit, or what language you use. We decide what is right. Never mind what the people think.”
- Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew, Straits Times, 20 April 1987

Good quotes...:smile:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A foreign friend of mine asked me recently whether Singaporeans are obsessed with sex scandals. He was quite puzzled with the attention on first the CNB and SCDF sex scandal, then YSL and now the high-profile, mass prosecution of men in connection with having sex with underaged prostitutes.

I have to agree with him that we appear quite obsessed with sex, although I told him it's just incidental they came one after another. Don't feel good ;(

the pap wants Singaporeans to be fixated by such scandals so that our minds are distracted and not discuss the real important issues such as poor performance of pap , MRT failures, high cost of living, widening wage gap, neglect of poor and aged, etc

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

whether it's 10 or 15 years or 20yrs, the pap knows that it has lost the trust and support of Singaporeans. It is a matter of time before they are voted out. But the pap will try all ways and means to delay such an eventuality. My guess is that it will come sooner than later

i've already prepared a 12x12 poem for you. but it'll most likely not be posted for the next 3 decades, or may be more. :p

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's true. In fact, for the past 25 years, all the PAP has to offer as solutions to any problem is to increase taxes, fees and charges. Who doesn't know how to do that. And LKY calls these people the A Team?

Discerning Singaporeans know that the pap ministers are very ordinary performers.

Just fly and travel around and we can see the marked difference in real 1st world leaders and pap leaders

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not? If the guy can resurrect, why not? Why would you wish him to stay dead?

Nobody wish anyone dead. We just hope that the myriad of problems caused by the PAP's policies will go away.

And if LKY can be resurrected why not? But can he solve the problems? Looking at the present... most unlikely. He has passed his usefulness.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nobody wish anyone dead. We just hope that the myriad of problems caused by the PAP's policies will go away.

And if LKY can be resurrected why not? But can he solve the problems? Looking at the present... most unlikely. He has passed his usefulness.

LKY thought he could resurrect himself.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

LKY is only human. A lot people have issues with how he dealt with his political opponents, his tough style in the past (rising from the grave if things go wrong) and less than tolerant of dissent. In politics, it's always about self-preservations so I don't see why we should be upset that he used all means necessary to deal with political opponents. We might be upset that these actions are often under the guise of national security, but that's life. Singapore is not the only place on earth where that had happened. LKY is not more ruthless than other politicians around the world.

He used to be a very hard man. But he's clearly toned down with age and the changing environment. Beside, I think he's a lot more open to differing views now then when he was PM.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY is only human. A lot people have issues with how he dealt with his political opponents, his tough style in the past (rising from the grave if things go wrong) and less than tolerant of dissent. In politics, it's always about self-preservations so I don't see why we should be upset that he used all means necessary to deal with political opponents. We might be upset that these actions are often under the guise of national security, but that's life. Singapore is not the only place on earth where that had happened. LKY is not more ruthless than other politicians around the world.

He used to be a very hard man. But he's clearly toned down with age and the changing environment. Beside, I think he's a lot more open to differing views now then when he was PM.

Nothing wrong if he is tough. But it is wrong if he used the govt, the Judiciary and media to criminalise innocent opponents.

The question Singaporeans have to ask is.."Did LKY use his power, the Judiciary to victimise or criminalise his opponents?"

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong if he is tough. But it is wrong if he used the govt, the Judiciary and media to criminalise innocent opponents.

The question Singaporeans have to ask is.."Did LKY use his power, the Judiciary to victimise or criminalise his opponents?"

I'm not sure whether he did or not. Obviously, it's wrong to use state organs for persecution in furtherance of personal interests. Assuming that is true, I'm saying this is politics, it's inevitable, particularly in the old days. Today, where Singapore is more politically advanced, it's hard to imagine this.

Politics are adversarial and downright dirty. I've long accepted this and nothing would surprise me anymore.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not sure whether he did or not. Obviously, it's wrong to use state organs for persecution in furtherance of personal interests. Assuming that is true, I'm saying this is politics, it's inevitable, particularly in the old days. Today, where Singapore is more politically advanced, it's hard to imagine this.

Politics are adversarial and downright dirty. I've long accepted this and nothing would surprise me anymore.

Politics can be adversarial but dont have to be dirty. It's dirty not because politics is dirty but because the politician is dirty.

LKY has jailed Chia Thye Poh for 20+ years...do you condone it?

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal

What's the use of a resurrected man who cant solve problems? Might as well be dead than alive!

Is Singapore better with him alive? Or would S'pore be better with him dead? Resurrected? Better stay in hell! He has given us enough hell!

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Politics can be adversarial but dont have to be dirty. It's dirty not because politics is dirty but because the politician is dirty.

LKY has jailed Chia Thye Poh for 20+ years...do you condone it?

We shld nvr condone what is wrong.

Politics should not be dirty. But it is. Politicians should not be dirty. But they're. And this will always be.

Last edited: