• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did Low Thia Khiang backstab his mentor JBJ? (Revisited)

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe that LTK does not speak much in Parliament due to his poor grasp in English. He might get mocked at by the PAP MPs when he try to voice out his concerns in English. CST is able to voice out as he is eloquent in English, being a former ACS boy.

LTK is also more of the silent killer type. He probably believed in the saying of "Empty vessels making the most noise" and hence, he just does not say much. I have a feeling he might be already be planning something big in secrecy.

However, WP has to improve on reaching out to the online masses like SDP.

LTK can always choose to speak in Mandarin. He was from Nantah and has proven to be eloquent in Mandarin. Ong Ah Heng's 'england' and LTK's 'england' almost the same standard. Over 90 minutes, it would end in a nil-nil draw.

I honestly don't view CST as an eloquent speaker, despite being an ACSian. He muddles through most of the time. Stumbles quite often too. But, I respect and admire him for his courage, conviction and compassion. And that is enough for me.

Getting mocked by bums in parliament while struggling with 'england' is not a bad thing. Intelligent people like us know that we should salute such attempts by LTK. It is what is in the heart that matters. Not what comes from the mouth.

MIW have many who are eloquent speakers - Viv B, Tharman etc. But, do they really speak from their hearts, if they have one in the first place!

We should also take note that while CST, LTK and SL have no research back-up available to them, the MIW have the entire civil service to service their every need. Given this landscape, we are more forgiving when the heroic three were, at times, caught off-guard.

Rimururu

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK can always choose to speak in Mandarin. He was from Nantah and has proven to be eloquent in Mandarin. Ong Ah Heng's 'england' and LTK's 'england' almost the same standard. Over 90 minutes, it would end in a nil-nil draw.

I honestly don't view CST as an eloquent speaker, despite being an ACSian. He muddles through most of the time. Stumbles quite often too. But, I respect and admire him for his courage, conviction and compassion. And that is enough for me.

Getting mocked by bums in parliament while struggling with 'england' is not a bad thing. Intelligent people like us know that we should salute such attempts by LTK. It is what is in the heart that matters. Not what comes from the mouth.

MIW have many who are eloquent speakers - Viv B, Tharman etc. But, do they really speak from their hearts, if they have one in the first place!

We should also take note that while CST, LTK and SL have no research back-up available to them, the MIW have the entire civil service to service their every need. Given this landscape, we are more forgiving when the heroic three were, at times, caught off-guard.

LTK can choose to speak Mandarin but he is never going to reach out to the other races. It is fine for Ah Heng not to speak English, as he is not the secretary-general of PAP, just a small-time MP. But as the leader of WP, you should reach out to all races to send your message across. Speaking Chinese only will make the other races nervous.

CST should be an eloquent speaker, he managed to sue two PAP MPs for defamation. Law suit is not just about evidence, but the way you express it in order to convince the judge.

You and I do not mind non-eloquent speakers but this poor eloquence will mainstream media enough ammunition to shoot them down and question their skills and qualifications. Despicable, yes, but nothing you can do when the chairman is a former PAP minister.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe that LTK does not speak much in Parliament due to his poor grasp in English. He might get mocked at by the PAP MPs when he try to voice out his concerns in English.

It's not true that LTK does not speak much in Parliament. It's the impression painted by the media. LTK has near perfect attendance record and always go with a script in hand. However, not all PAP backbenchers and NMPs are snoring away and many want to speak too. They have to take turns. It's also not true that LTK has a poor grasp of English. Again, it's the impression painted by the media. His command of English has improved a lot through the years. Along with his natural wit, it's more common that he mocks at PAP MPs than being mocked at.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not true that LTK does not speak much in Parliament. It's the impression painted by the media. LTK has near perfect attendance record and always go with a script in hand. However, not all PAP backbenchers and NMPs are snoring away and many want to speak too. They have to take turns. It's also not true that LTK has a poor grasp of English. Again, it's the impression painted by the media. His command of English has improved a lot through the years. Along with his natural wit, it's more common that he mocks at PAP MPs than being mocked at.

Blah...blah ....blah ....

Tomorrow's lunch got abalone and shark's fin and heineken atau chivas or not ??:eek:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Blah...blah ....blah ....

Tomorrow's lunch got abalone and shark's fin and heineken atau chivas or not ??:eek:

Not tomorrow, but Sunday. No abalone nor sharkfin, but a decent hotel standard one. That's sponsored. After lunch adjourn to rounds of drinks, on your own. Maybe we'll adjourn to 6th Avenue or maybe elsewhere.

Rimururu

Alfrescian
Loyal

So am I right to say that the MSM is painting a negative image of him and also the Speaker of Parliament is denying him much chances to present his views?

Even so, he has gone too low-profile and unlike SDP, not reaching out to the netizens enough.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another question : did big-ego-ramseth backstab his former buddy gms?

1. A little commoner like me has no ego that's worth anyone's concern.

2. If there's disagreement coming to drawing swords, I fight face-to-face.

3. GMS doesn't need backstabbing when he can shoot himself without help.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. A little commoner like me has no ego.

2. If there's disagreement coming to drawing swords, I fight face-to-face.

3. GMS doesn't need backstabbing when he can shoot himself without help.

joke of the day : ramseth claim he have no ego. :biggrin:

everyone here knows how big your ego is. the amt of self-praise u lavish on yourself exceeds PAP standards. :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
joke of the day : ramseth claim he have no ego. :biggrin:

everyone here knows how big your ego is. the amt of self-praise u lavish on yourself exceeds PAP standards. :biggrin:

Pray tell, what amount of self-praise? Quote a few examples, say three.

I can only recall that I've said, not everybody can be as good looking as me, but that was taken out of context. The context being, I can't be as good looking as everybody too. The point being, everybody should feel good about the way they look. That's not ego. That's to feel confident.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am pretty sure there are many WP members here actively engaging netizens.

Not on it's own policies but others, especially NSP and SDP.

Even so, he has gone too low-profile and unlike SDP, not reaching out to the netizens enough.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pray tell, what amount of self-praise? Quote a few examples, say three.

I can only recall that I've said, not everybody can be as good looking as me, but that was taken out of context. The context being, I can't be as good looking as everybody too. The point being, everybody should feel good about the way they look. That's not ego. That's to feel confident.

the mass here will judge as to whether u r egoistic or not. the amount of posts where your self-praise can be found is excessive. almost every post from u will have some mentioned about it.

if you feel confident about something, you dun have to keep mentioning it. keep on repeating it is a sign of insecureness.

i will not reply to you again. talking to you is no better than watching paint dry. u can continue your backstabbing of gms. like a bro here said, with frens like ramseth, who needs enemies.

good day.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I may not be a fan of GMS. He stumbles too much for my liking. But he, apparently is our best hope after the WP in stretching the opposition presence in Parliament. So it's best to stop the jabbing. We can't afford to have him on MC during the next GE.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you feel confident about something, you dun have to keep mentioning it. keep on repeating it is a sign of insecureness.

Then don't be persistently bothered by what I say. That's a sign of insecurity too.

i will not reply to you again. talking to you is no better than watching paint dry. u can continue your backstabbing of gms. like a bro here said, with frens like ramseth, who needs enemies.

I speak to GMS face to face, agree with him face to face and argue with him face to face. When I disagree with him in public forum, my name is there and his right of reply is there. What backstabbing are you talking about?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Ram, Ah Ram, Ah Ram, why you have so many fans hostile towards you? If carry on like that, very soon your only friend here would be TracyTan, kukubird's darling.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Ram, Ah Ram, Ah Ram, why you have so many fans hostile towards you? If carry on like that, very soon your only friend here would be TracyTan, kukubird's darling.

hahaha...dargon..correction, not my darling lah, later i kena rastic shots......
she is my gugu..