• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
You make a point! Spot on! The build up is bigger in Desa Tebrau - 3 storey... climb until crazy. Not sure my old bone can take it or not. Maybe should also look at BDO.... Er.. I was told there is a big garlic.

austin heights 2 supposed to be launched soon, but till now no news.
their projects seem t be priced competitively.
also, do drop by austin residence showhouse to see if they have any landed for sale. their location is good, next to austin height.
edited note: you think it's better to spread out the bets by buying different places? for eg: senibong cove. heard water edge tower 3 launched recently only.
happy hunting!

Last edited:

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
austin heights 2 supposed to be launched soon, but till now no news.
their projects seem t be priced competitively.
also, do drop by austin residence showhouse to see if they have any landed for sale. their location is good, next to austin height.
edited note: you think it's better to spread out the bets by buying different places? for eg: senibong cove. heard water edge tower 3 launched recently only.
happy hunting!

Good idea! We can go hunting together. Not necessary to "shoot" but good to look around, relax with "makan" and massage.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
This plot seem to be opposite of a school. I can't help to imagine every 30mins to 40mins hearing the school bells rings! Haha!

I was hoping to have more good schools around :p Chinese are very kiasu ones, they will try to stay near good schools.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not too concerned abt new measures on this unit as this area is supported by locals rather than foreigners. Looking forward to hold for e long term or keep it for own use.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not too concerned abt new measures on this unit as this area is supported by locals rather than foreigners. Looking forward to hold for e long term or keep it for own use.
rilak bro. DT sure got demand one. as a malaysian, i look , i can tell oradi. many people stay there. my uncle oso stay there DT.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now everyone is trying to figure the impact. There r many doom predictions. But I have done e calculation tt things r very likely to be positive. Now I need ground data to verify. If I'm wrong, then i will just keep it myself. I like e landed properties in Johor bcoz they r cheap n good.

Last edited:

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, there are limited land plots in Molek. The current New Cathay Restaurant land plot is probably, the major significant plot left in Taman Molek. For Berinda to continue the spectacular returns it has achieved in the past, Frank Goon (CEO) will need to bite the bullet and pay MBJB to build the Ponderosa Bridge to connect to Tebrau highway/EDL.

That will give the Ponderosa commercial land plots a new lease of life. Currently, the Ponderosa commercial lots are languishing, and Berinda still has significant commercial plots in Ponderosa. My guess is Frank, being ever the smart chap, will have to build the Ponderosa Bridge, after developing New Cathay land plot in the next 3 years.

Yes, correct, if u hang around mxlxk or pxxdxrxxx often u can pretty know that other than office hours, the places now are pretty much dead city, including their commercial... Long time ago the places are already lost their 'shining'....

same goes to mxxxt axxtxx, it is definitely not as hot anymore in terms of their commercial anymore now... U can see lesser crowds comparing to the past, most shops even that row facing the main road, new shops are mostly close and open... It is not only one or two, but many many shops along the commercial area..

Last edited:

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Build access roads for government is quite common but I haven't heard of developer building a bridge for government in Johor, but maybe I'm a mountain tortoise. Yes, I'm anticipating more firm RTS news in the next few months.
why not, perling bridge was built by setxx for gahment in exchange of BI that land...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
why not, perling bridge was built by setxx for gahment in exchange of BI that land...

Din abt tt long history. Maybe it will be built one day but my investment horizon is less than five years. If I don't see appreciation in 1-2 years, I will be v cautious in putting in my $. Perling location is actually very good, but e place is old. Prob it will have enbloc in next 10 year's to rejuvenate e area.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Din abt tt long history. Maybe it will be built one day but my investment horizon is less than five years. If I don't see appreciation in 1-2 years, I will be v cautious in putting in my $. Perling location is actually very good, but e place is old. Prob it will have enbloc in next 10 year's to rejuvenate e area.

I personally dun see so good prospect for mxlxk or pxxdxrxxx... Like I said, the glory period has been over.
skudai area is as old as tebrau also... so around the same....

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
my ocbc banker is a young guy and jb native. when i was sign bank loan, he pointed behind to molek haven and said "those people who stay there or redang villa, is like being in heaven". his words. so i think, no problem with status. still good.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I personally dun see so good prospect for mxlxk or pxxdxrxxx... Like I said, the glory period has been over.
skudai area is as old as tebrau also... so around the same....

Here's my little hypothesis on the history of Bukit Indah, Tebrau and nearby areas:

1. Bukit Indah is about 15 years old.
2. Tebrau is rather large, and I think the Tamans developed along Tebrau Highway over 30-40 years by spreading upwards from the city center towards Jalan Pandan, then eastward along Pasir Gudang Highway, judging from the age and density of the buildings.
3. Molek/Ponderosa/Johor Jaya should be about similar age of 20-30 years.
4. About 15 years ago, probably at the peak that you mentioned (i.e. congestion and high cost of housing), the developments sprang north of Jalan Pandan. So Mount Austin belongs to this era of around 15 years ago from the more modern design and layout of the buildings, and Desa Tebrau and Taman Gaya started to develop around 10 years ago after Mount Austin became successful and expensive.
5. Bandar Dato Onn, Seri Austin, Setia Indah, Setia Eco Cascadia are very recent developments around 5 years old or less driven by the recent Iskandar boom.

Molek still has many banks and eateries. Probably the houses and residents are older (which is about right if the new residents shifted there in their 20s, they should be in their 50s-60s now), which is why the areas seem more toned down. However I think the old rich are staying around this area.

From what I gather at other forums, the buyers (probably children from Molek/Ponderosa/Johor Jaya in their 30s-40s) are looking for newer developments 5 km radius centered around Mount Austin (including Bandar Dato Onn, Seri Austin, Setia Indah, Taman Gaya). These are affluent people with high buying power (perhaps supported by their parents living nearby), which could be the reason why Desa Tebrau $2 mil+ RM bungalows were mopped up by the locals within months of launch.

Please let me know if I'm right or wrong. I really need to go down to take a closer look at Tebrau. I suspect the latest development now should spread towards Senai.

Last edited: