• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's my little hypothesis on the history of Bukit Indah, Tebrau and nearby areas:

1. Bukit Indah is about 15 years old.
2. Tebrau is rather large, and I think the Tamans developed along Tebrau Highway over 30-40 years by spreading upwards from the city center towards Jalan Pandan, then eastward along Pasir Gudang Highway, judging from the age and density of the buildings.
3. Molek/Ponderosa/Johor Jaya should be about similar age of 20-30 years.
4. About 15 years ago, probably at the peak that you mentioned (i.e. congestion and high cost of housing), the developments sprang north of Jalan Pandan. So Mount Austin belongs to this era of around 15 years ago from the more modern design and layout of the buildings, and Desa Tebrau and Taman Gaya started to develop around 10 years ago after Mount Austin became successful and expensive.
5. Bandar Dato Onn, Seri Austin, Setia Indah, Setia Eco Cascadia are very recent developments around 5 years old or less driven by the recent Iskandar boom.

Molek still has many banks and eateries. Probably the houses and residents are older (which is about right if the new residents shifted there in their 20s, they should be in their 50s-60s now), which is why the areas seem more toned down. However I think the old rich are staying around this area.

From what I gather at other forums, the buyers (probably children from Molek/Ponderosa/Johor Jaya in their 30s-40s) are looking for newer developments 5 km radius centered around Mount Austin (including Bandar Dato Onn, Seri Austin, Setia Indah, Taman Gaya). These are affluent people with high buying power (perhaps supported by their parents living nearby), which could be the reason why Desa Tebrau $2 mil+ RM bungalows were mopped up by the locals within months of launch.

Please let me know if I'm right or wrong. I really need to go down to take a closer look at Tebrau. I suspect the latest development now should spread towards Senai.

i think u may want to visit tebrau more often to find out the situation especially during peak hours or weekdays.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Mid Nov is a good time for me to go. I'm sure I will enjoy e EDL jam.

i found most places in jb , during mid day on a week day, there is hardly a crowd. this mean a lot of locals or resident are working, likely in singapore. tebrau is crowded in the evenings and especially weekends. tun aminah, perling also crowded, BI is actually slightly less crowded than the rest. this is my feeling. beyond BI, quite kosong lei

Last edited:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taman Tun Aminah and Taman Johor Jaya are the only two known tamans to those from outstation in the 80s, most seeking employment in Sg. Bukit Indah came up later, early 90s? So it is no surprise that the population growth comes from these areas which will inevitably bring heavy human and vehicular traffic. So if you want total peace and quiet, venture far east or west.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taman Tun Aminah and Taman Johor Jaya are the only two known tamans to those from outstation in the 80s, most seeking employment in Sg. Bukit Indah came up later, early 90s? So it is no surprise that the population growth comes from these areas which will inevitably bring heavy human and vehicular traffic. So if you want total peace and quiet, venture far east or west.

i believe cascadia is alluding to the fact that there is no one in dying tebrau area. actually i need to make a correction, BI is actually crowded at the aeon side. tebrau city aeon is also crowded, no place to park, on weekends.
in fact, comparing to KL, jb crowding patterns is more or less similar but with 50% less population (that is, queit during the day, crowded in evening and wekeends). no real cause for worry for those typical tamans.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Mid Nov is a good time for me to go. I'm sure I will enjoy e EDL jam.

To be honest, I find the jams a non-event compared to CTE/PIE & KL peak hours. Esp if you work in SG, as you wont be caught in the really peak periods of 8-9am and 5-7 pm.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
my ocbc banker is a young guy and jb native. when i was sign bank loan, he pointed behind to molek haven and said "those people who stay there or redang villa, is like being in heaven". his words. so i think, no problem with status. still good.

To be honest, I don't find staying at Molek Haven as 'being in heaven'. I think the bungalows at Ponderosa Villa, Mount Austin hill-top, Straits View Residence, Senibong Cove, Horizon Hills and East Ledang would be more heavenly!

Terraces cant be too great after all, compared to these bungalows with great views. Am waiting for a family friend's horizon hills bungalow to be rebuilt. I will report on the 'Heaven' scores. haha

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, correct, if u hang around mxlxk or pxxdxrxxx often u can pretty know that other than office hours, the places now are pretty much dead city, including their commercial... Long time ago the places are already lost their 'shining'....

same goes to mxxxt axxtxx, it is definitely not as hot anymore in terms of their commercial anymore now... U can see lesser crowds comparing to the past, most shops even that row facing the main road, new shops are mostly close and open... It is not only one or two, but many many shops along the commercial area..

So if Molek and Mt Austin are dead but paradoxically jammed areas, where are the happening areas in JB that are great but not jammed? In SG, you can make a case for Sentosa Cove as happening but not jammed, but in JB...?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be honest, I don't find staying at Molek Haven as 'being in heaven'. I think the bungalows at Ponderosa Villa, Mount Austin hill-top, Straits View Residence, Senibong Cove, Horizon Hills and East Ledang would be more heavenly!

Terraces cant be too great after all, compared to these bungalows with great views. Am waiting for a family friend's horizon hills bungalow to be rebuilt. I will report on the 'Heaven' scores. haha

well maybe he was exagerating, but you get the drift :smile: however i do think molek is somehow an 'acquired taste'. just checking on your opinion, what do you think of taman perling- jln undan that side.?

Last edited:

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
i believe cascadia is alluding to the fact that there is no one in dying tebrau area. actually i need to make a correction, BI is actually crowded at the aeon side. tebrau city aeon is also crowded, no place to park, on weekends.
in fact, comparing to KL, jb crowding patterns is more or less similar but with 50% less population (that is, queit during the day, crowded in evening and wekeends). no real cause for worry for those typical tamans.

actually for a property the most important is the location, if looking at the map alone, I dun see much advantage on it... If u compare distance to JB city 1st link, even other places like skudai or nusajaya... They are the same distance. So no significant advantage on this. Not to say even with EDL it is getting more and more jam. I think everyone is trying to 'forget' or 'neglect' this long term issue. Like I explained many times before. It will just get worst when more and more tamans coming up. Tebrxu is crowded no doubt becos of hp the huge population of locals.

If u think abt 2nd link, tebrxu is almost considered as inaccessible for 50km of distance.
Skudai or nusajaya are rather balance as they are more centralized and nearer to both.

Consider future development, nusajaya no doubt is the major key flagship of the whole iskandar project, skudai does not have major one but at least it is near to it. Even kulai has the msc cyber project which nusajaya or skudai are 20km away only which they will be benefited too. Compare to this, txbrau is totally left out from the development or not even near to any. Even axxtin height the developer version of water theme park is no way being considered as a major development.

If having giant supermarket, such as axon, tesxx, u can find the equivalent at BI or sutera, so again no advantage on this...

In term of jam condition, tebrxx is definitely famous on this...this one is indeed advantage compare to the rest... I am talking abt relative...

In terms of property appreciation rate, I believe tebrxx is definitely cannot compare with nusajaya, skudai etc...due to low in foreign investment with mainly locals transactions.

Just my 2 cents, please ignore if u do not agree..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually for a property the most important is the location, if looking at the map alone, I dun see much advantage on it... If u compare distance to JB city 1st link, even other places like skudai or nusajaya... They are the same distance. So no significant advantage on this. Not to say even with EDL it is getting more and more jam. I think everyone is trying to 'forget' or 'neglect' this long term issue. Like I explained many times before. It will just get worst when more and more tamans coming up. Tebrxu is crowded no doubt becos of hp the huge population of locals.

If u think abt 2nd link, tebrxu is almost considered as inaccessible for 50km of distance.
Skudai or nusajaya are rather balance as they are more centralized and nearer to both.

Consider future development, nusajaya no doubt is the major key flagship of the whole iskandar project, skudai does not have major one but at least it is near to it. Even kulai has the msc cyber project which nusajaya or skudai are 20km away only which they will be benefited too. Compare to this, txbrau is totally left out from the development or not even near to any. Even axxtin height the developer version of water theme park is no way being considered as a major development.

If having giant supermarket, such as axon, tesxx, u can find the equivalent at BI or sutera, so again no advantage on this...

In term of jam condition, tebrxx is definitely famous on this...this one is indeed advantage compare to the rest... I am talking abt relative...

In terms of property appreciation rate, I believe tebrxx is definitely cannot compare with nusajaya, skudai etc...due to low in foreign investment with mainly locals transactions.

there is nothing to agree or disagree, i don't believe in debate. i prefer to listen to everyone.
the advantage of tebrau is cheaper compare to BI. for me at least this was important, although of course prefer BI. but there were no new sub 600k DST in BI when i looked in may/june. also, i like greenery, while those BI house have less (compare to SEC for example). of course i drop by HH but the house is too ex.
i don't really like skudai or tun aminah as it bring back memory of my student days there, eating the economy rice for RM1.20 every day. not that i dislike my student day, but just feel like i don't want to go back there to retire! alhtough i love how my old UTM grounds have grown.
i am currently keeping an eye on perling and taman sutera (the old taman sutera). i like the taman feeling. i think that some of the perling area have got old but good feeling, and because it's an old taman, prices didn't shoot up that much. they really must change the street light, though. it's too dim.
i also like molek feeling. it feel a bit like PJ. i'm talking about those parts around molek pine.
i like setia indah because got a lot of chinese food there, and also cheaper than BI. if i finally retire there i won't drive around during jam time.
in fact BDO house the more i think i feel is very value for money.
in terms of property appreciation, i feel NJ and BI have shot up too much. have you heard of the term "laggard".
my feeling is NJ now very kosong. may have to wait 10 year to be vibrant. so why forward pay?

so these are also my 2 cents. just for talking.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nowadays I prefer 1st link since I pay less toll n I get into JB faster. I find Bukit Indah properties too expensive to buy at e start of this year.

For this long term buy, I prefer lower quantum to cut down risks. With so many locals fighting to buy new launch in Tebrau for own stay n big developers controlling e supply n price, the price will remain very firm.

If it doesn't appreciate fast I'm fine (actually it has already appreciated quite a lot on paper based on nearby new recent launches). I'm just waiting for GST n more subsidy cuts to kick in. Many locals r still trying to figure out e impact n hope price will correct. My assessment is the developers have made so much money tt they can wait until e buyers gave up waiting. From now to Dec shd be quiet months, after tt buying will resume its fervour.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is nothing to agree or disagree, i don't believe in debate. i prefer to listen to everyone.
the advantage of tebrau is cheaper compare to BI. for me at least this was important, although of course prefer BI. but there were no new sub 600k DST in BI when i looked in may/june. also, i like greenery, while those BI house have less (compare to SEC for example). of course i drop by HH but the house is too ex.
i don't really like skudai or tun aminah as it bring back memory of my student days there, eating the economy rice for RM1.20 every day. not that i dislike my student day, but just feel like i don't want to go back there to retire! alhtough i love how my old UTM grounds have grown.
i am currently keeping an eye on perling and taman sutera (the old taman sutera). i like the taman feeling. i think that some of the perling area have got old but good feeling, and because it's an old taman, prices didn't shoot up that much. they really must change the street light, though. it's too dim.
i also like molek feeling. it feel a bit like PJ. i'm talking about those parts around molek pine.
i like setia indah because got a lot of chinese food there, and also cheaper than BI. if i finally retire there i won't drive around during jam time.
in fact BDO house the more i think i feel is very value for money.
in terms of property appreciation, i feel NJ and BI have shot up too much. have you heard of the term "laggard".
my feeling is NJ now very kosong. may have to wait 10 year to be vibrant. so why forward pay?

so these are also my 2 cents. just for talking.

sorry if offended, somewhat I felt that it is rather contradicting.

If talking price, I dun see any reason that SEC is cheaper than BI, HH etc. if u even compare within same zone, SEC is definitely much higher price than the surrounding tamans too. Be it adda height or BDO or seri austin.
take an example, Jupiter 20x80 2244 sq ft DSO early this year rm798k after discount, I am not suprised that if it is rm8xxk which I believe so...for the price now...adda height min 34x70 of cluster house with 10ft land last year is only rm718k.. Nett price...built up 2770sq ft... Even recent BDO launch is only rm5xxk....u may say it is becos of ten greenery, but u will be paying up to rm500 as of market now for the monthly maintenance fee. Which this money will definitely increase in future.

In terms of location, I believe regardless of BI,HH, BDO, Adda height beats it without argument as they are nearer to highway and shorter distance to CIQ.

If talking abt retirement, unless u are already in the age of after 50s, else I dun see the pt of discussing abt retirement yet, as things change all the time, now your liking may change as well, for the next 20s, 30s years, u cannot even guarantee if u be staying at the same place too...there are always better thing coming up too...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

If talking price, I dun see any reason that SEC is cheaper than BI, HH etc. if u even compare within same zone, SEC is definitely much higher price than the surrounding tamans too. Be it adda height or BDO or seri austin.
take an example, Jupiter 20x80 2244 sq ft DSO early this year rm798k after discount, I am not suprised that if it is rm8xxk which I believe so...for the price now...adda height min 34x70 of cluster house with 10ft land last year is only rm718k.. Nett price...built up 2770sq ft... Even recent BDO launch is only rm5xxk....u may say it is becos of ten greenery, but u will be paying up to rm500 as of market now for the monthly maintenance fee. Which this money will definitely increase in future.

In terms of location, I believe regardless of BI,HH, BDO, Adda height beats it without argument as they are nearer to highway and shorter distance to CIQ.

If talking abt retirement, unless u are already in the age of after 50s, else I dun see the pt of discussing abt retirement yet, as things change all the time, now your liking may change as well, for the next 20s, 30s years, u cannot even guarantee if u be staying at the same place too...there are always better thing coming up too...

Cascadia - Appreciate your views. Just curious which part in Iskandar have you bought, or you are still looking around?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
well maybe he was exagerating, but you get the drift :smile: however i do think molek is somehow an 'acquired taste'. just checking on your opinion, what do you think of taman perling- jln undan that side.?

I not too familiar with the Perling roads. Not a local after all...haha. I like the latest DST there, D'Serembi. Great location, safe & close to gd food joints. The Taman Sutera houses, just opp D'Serembi also look v cool. I have a friend who lives in D'Serembi, and they are v happy with the area.

If you are looking for the PJ feeling eg Uptown Damansara, the nearest comparison in JB is 五福城 Taman Sutera Utama. Went there twice over the past month, and the shops are really growing by leaps & bounds. Just didn't quite like the prices being quoted...hehe.....

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
D'Serembi houses are beautiful. $5xxk RM around mid of this year. How come I din see it :confused:

My D'Serembi friend say the booking list was already full, before they launch 2nd phase. So even if you had seen it, I think there's little chance of making it to the booking list..... :smile:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
My D'Serembi friend say the booking list was already full, before they launch 2nd phase. So even if you had seen it, I think there's little chance of making it to the booking list..... :smile:

Design, specs and quality are good, from the pics in the property website. Definitely better than my Desa Tebrau terrace. No wonder so hot :cool:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

there is no offend in talking as long as no name calling. in fact, i know SEC is not cheap especially for tebrau, true. but there was no new launch in BI, and if i waited, it would be 1.1m cluster. My budget was only 500k so in fact i couldn't find any house to buy unless it is 2nd hand. If BI 2nd hand, belezza / arte already sub sale 550k RM at the time, and i have to put in +30k RM for stamping/ loan/ legal fee, and since i was no rush, i prefer new house with better landscaping moreover with DIBS is easy to just put 5k RM cheaque. But SEC is for sure cheaper than HH. Even gateway is 10 year old house already 700k ++ and house land is smaller (20x70). fyi i paid 658k for mercury. so compare to BI subsale, i pay less than 100k rm more for new house, better design house, better landscaping and environment, double gated securiy. to me, it's ok. the other place that i could find new house is austin residence and sri austin, had a tough few days to decide between these few area.
in fact on the west side, i only saw SEG (too far away for me, no shop nearby) and BI subsale.
if talk about location, adda height is more expensive to me and also i have small family, no point to buy a big house. maybe this was a regret now i saw some forummer buy big semi dee for so cheap. there are also other reason i did not pursue Adda height for personal reason.
as for your example jupiter intermediate in jun (launch is on june, mid year , not early year) i believe price is 750+ K?, those 798k is mercury corner lot.
as for maintenance the hope is after 10 year the taman still look good as everyone hopefully forced to pay the maintenance. as you know, many taman have a lot of people who don't pay maintenance. sec is strata title, so owners a legally bound from pouint of purchase to pay their fees. if sec still look good after 10 year i will be quite happy provided i haven't sell.
also i look at the surrounding area, especially who is staying nearby. SEC is next to SI, many people already stay there, lots of chinese food around. I feel no difference from many normal m'sia taman. in fact important to me is a lot of chinese food nearby, not sure if you understand my meaning. i like my roast pork rice & 4RM wanton noodle. in fact, many taman in KL a lot of people say no good, location far etc (i was guilty of it many times), after 10 years, i see with my own eyes it was not bad actually.

if one were to really talk about location & neighbourhood, my frank opinion is most of jb is not on par with KL PJ, bangsar, damansara area anyway (where the house is >1M for 30 year old house). the housing scene is not so vibrant, not much activity and so on. so mainly JB is plus point only because it's close to singapore.
also i am close to 50 already. so i think for me i can think of what happen in coming 10 year (ie retirement). As for guarantee, who can guarantee tomorrow i won't die. it has no bearing on what house i buy today, don't you think? no matter how one plan, sure can have cockup, esp in malaysia. yeah i may sell in 3 year, who know. but i can only take action today on the facts i know now.

Last edited: