• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cpt. Goh Meng Seng Declines So-Called NS Recognition Award

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cpt. Goh will decline the award. He says it's meaningless and unfair for him to collect it when old soldiers are forgotten. He couldn't in good conscience use the money even if it's just CPF when his men and predecessors are deprived.

We must remember why Cpt. Goh is still serving when most of his men MR already. Commissioned officers serve till 50.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can decline, write to SAF or CPF?
govt give $$, just take lah, rejecting it also no extra votes.

jw5

Loyal
Cpt. Goh will decline the award. He says it's meaningless and unfair for him to collect it when old soldiers are forgotten. He couldn't in good conscience use the money even if it's just CPF when his men and predecessors are deprived.

We must remember why Cpt. Goh is still serving when most of his men MR already. Commissioned officers serve till 50.
It seems a little political showboating to me.
But I respect his act and especially the reasons.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It seems a little political showboating to me.
But I respect his act and especially the reasons.

Thanks for the understanding and respect for his reasons.

And it's not all about politicial showboating too. S$3,500 don't want? You go find someone as sincere as that.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
ramseth do not put the cart before the horse.

Remember GMS stated CATEGORICALLY and FACTUALLY that he will sell his flat at valuation and not profit from the COV to fellow Singaporean.

Yet, I am not sure whether the buyer is indeed a Singaporean but what we all know FOR sure, he did sell his flat and collected COV.

so much for integrity.

if you can trust him? I rather sleep with snakes. However, voting for oppositions is a must, with or without GMS, but with GMS it makes the consience more difficult to appease.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ramseth do not put the cart before the horse.

Remember GMS stated CATEGORICALLY and FACTUALLY that he will sell his flat at valuation and not profit from the COV to fellow Singaporean.

Yet, I am not sure whether the buyer is indeed a Singaporean but what we all know FOR sure, he did sell his flat and collected COV.

so much for integrity.

if you can trust him? I rather sleep with snakes. However, voting for oppositions is a must, with or without GMS, but with GMS it makes the consience more difficult to appease.

That's incorrect. He stated categorically he would sell his flat at market COV, which he did and deal done.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He will write to CPF not to credit his account and make a media release after that.

I, Private Tua Kee Lan, can write to SAF or not?, not to credit my account, for it further insults the 'lao peng' who are worth $100??

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's incorrect. He stated categorically he would sell his flat at market COV, which he did and deal done.

I do not think so!

Quote me the newspaper of what you said.

HE specifically said he wants to counter the "ridiculous" COV and want average Singapore to be able to afford a HDB to show he is STEELY against the PAP schema of things.

Well, maybe once again he was "misquoted" as usual! what else is new?

Twist and turn?! at least PAP is "honestly" "twisted" rather than this guy with integrity problems.

Other than his only redeeming factor that he is an oppositions, other than that he is an utter disgrace. Cannot talk properly cannot enunciate properly, even speaks mandarin like a fish! YET! no humility in accepting his short comings and dare say "passable"

If he can give himself "passable" grade you can expect the kind of governance he represents. Sub standard at best!

It would be best he joins another party or go under another capable Sec Gen. This kind of standard is a disgrace, a disgrace that oppositions cannot come up anything better.

I do not bash him for bashing him sake. As u can see the long protracted issues I brought up for and against him in the passing months. And yet this man got no "balls" and humility to see himself at the mirror. And Ramseth, you even came here long ago and said you are his spokesperson and is helping him blah blah blah but how come GMS is still constantly being "misquoted" by media? Why I never hear Sylvia was misquoted? Why I never hear any other oppositions was misquoted? Maybe once but 2 times? then 3 times? Come on? who you fooling?

for the love and struggle of oppositions, "whip" this F standard occcifer into standard! CPT with that fat stomach?

Will support oppositions for oppositions sake, but will not let an inch off "whipping" this useless, tactless, almost near brainless candidate. Do not even know what the fish he is talking about? I doubt he even knows what is democracy and meritocracy. He sing song like he knew, but when asked pertinent questions on its working, run away like a dog with tail between his hinds.

I assure you this guy is WORST than PAP. Only think is he do not have brains like PAP. I believe NUS alumni would be ashamed to associate with such past graduates.

Businessman? How much he earns a month? a year? 40 years old?! cannot afford a condo? a mercedes? What businessman he talking about? then any tom dick and harry is a businessman. Businessman cannot afford deposit for election? Gosh! He had probably never smell 1 million dollars even in all his years collectively but he trust him to manage the billions in the treasury?

Who and what is GMS?

He is just an average TOTO punter. Always hoping to win big. But he wins, he will also join the great numbers of punters who made it overnight then to lose it overnight. Why? He do not have the mental capacity to hold a million in his mind, much less even so in his life.

Probably his own profit never go near $10'000 per month, gunning for MP's $12K per month, is tempting.

When the student is ready so will be the teacher but GMS is forever a kindergarten kid in the political arena, talks and acts as if he is a political science lecturer. That would be his own grave. A great heart perhaps, but in politics it takes more than heart. His EQ at best is below average, because he cannot agrees with me, I am labeled drunk so what's so different between GMS and PAP? Do not even go near IQ, it would an insult to those who will not even want to consider GMS their peers.

GMS cannot even take reasonable political discourses here, you so think he can survive in parliament? If he is so damn good, why WP is so quiet about him? Never hear WP said they sad of GMS departure? Instead, we hear GMS himself bragging behind CEC members approach him. Even if it is true, would it be better WP CEC comes out and clarify?

GMS's integrity is as much as you would want to believe not what he is what that made you believe.

Ramseth, you are a reasonable man with great dispositions and political discourses, are you so blinded to support oppositions sake to support oppositions that even you refuse to see the lacking and short comings of GMS?

Bless you.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I, Private Tua Kee Lan, can write to SAF or not?, not to credit my account, for it further insults the 'lao peng' who are worth $100??

You can, but hope you don't. You deserve it, and more than that. You all private sufferers and contributors should take the money and vote according to your conscience anyway. Whether the money is to recognise your sacrifices or to buy your votes, you have to decide yourselves.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the spirit of unit comradeship, I respect:smile: I am sure nsmen once under his charge will feel the same.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
no offence intended,,,,,,,

his action to decline,,,,,,,,,,, he should get down from his high plane and come down to earth,,,,

he already cash tight, sold his HDB to fund his and peers election process,,,, and govt give money and don't take? if he cash rich enough, use the CPF, make a cash equivalent and donate for a worthy cause......................

i will take the money and spit on the LHL face,,,,,,,,,,,

calling.... calling .... GMS.... come down to earth...... GMS

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

Siow. Who say commissioned officers must served til 50? When u r done with your ict cycle means u r done. I am lta, I did 9 high 4 low. I go into mr when I was 36 cos I never defer at all. What serve til 50? Really talk cock.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was changed sometime in the early 1990s. It is now 50 for commissioned officers unless they are posted to Civil Defence etc. Many of them who are in the late 40s now spend their ICT going on overseas attachment with foreign forces taking part in live firing exercises with fellow officers and other war games. They no longer are with their men who long since completed their cycle.

Siow. Who say commissioned officers must served til 50? When u r done with your ict cycle means u r done. I am lta, I did 9 high 4 low. I go into mr when I was 36 cos I never defer at all. What serve til 50? Really talk cock.

evisionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS should collect the award and donate them to Charity. Since our government is so rich.

Last edited:

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can someone explain what a market COV is ? And how the figure is arrived at ?

If in the block where GMS lives, there are 2 similar units being sold - one with a COV of $30K and another $10K, does that mean GMS will die die demand a COV of $20K ?

Does that mean GMS support HDB's soaring prices and benefit from 'market COV' ? If his mercenary neighbour had not sold his flat for $30K, which represents the higher of the two COVs, GMS would not have had the chance to demand $20K COV.

Does seeking a 'market COV' mean a person is not profiteering ? Can we honestly say that GMS by demanding $20K COV didn't profit from the greed of his neighbour who drummed up the price of his COV to $30K ?

Last edited:

Tan Kim Kim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Retard GMS think he putting up a wayang show in SBF can win him more votes?
leave no men behind my foot! He will run road to Hongkong if he screw up the elections which is already a confirm case