• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chopstick Pickpockets - it takes skills

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I'm in Europe 10,000 years ago, I wouldn't be bothered. Just eat whatever I could with bare hands. The point is, forks are better invention and utensils than chopsticks. Forks can cater as utensils for more dishes than chopsticks. I'm not putting down chopsticks. There's an art to it, that I surely agree. It's just like the corrk and screw cap question for wine. Why stick with the cork after screw cap was invented? All for ceremony and show and nothing practical gained.

What a bore. Just admit that all cos the fork is something western that's why you prefer it.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah right, and I'm looking forward to beating my brother up to teach him a lesson.

I can bet that chup cheng will say he's a better fight than you simply cos he's a mixed white cos as you know being part white = instant better fighter than pure asian.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pray tell, how come Chinese dishes like chicken rice and duck rice or Malay dishes like mee rebus or mee soto or Indian dishes like mee goreng and roti prata are served with forks and spoons or knives? They must be culinary traitors then. How do you eat a steak if served with chopsticks?

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
chup cheng kia you sibei kwai lan.

so far only u the chup cheng complain about chopsticks and deem them silly. not happy dun use lah. why need to criticise. oh yeah, i forgot, chup cheng kias are shit stirrers.

Pray tell, how come Chinese dishes like chicken rice and duck rice or Malay dishes like mee rebus or mee soto or Indian dishes like mee goreng and roti prata are served with forks and spoons or knives? They must be culinary traitors then. How do you eat a steak if served with chopsticks?

I'm about to stoop so low as you and resort to name-calling, but can you answer that first?

Last edited:

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you eat a steak if served with chopsticks?
IMG_2199.jpg

like that lor

:biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
chup cheng kia,

chopstick is primary for chinese food. prata is not chinese food. we chinese have no issue in using fork/spoon as and when necessary when eating food that requires us to do so. like this you can understand or not. i cannot put it any simpler liao.

Chopsticks are stupid when you can simply fork your food ad eat it. I cannot put it any simpler that that.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
chup cheng kia,

did your MIL spank you because u did not hold your chopsticks properly during yesterday's dinner? :biggrin:

My chopsticks skills are better than most Chinese struggling comically with chopsticks. I can grip a groundnut with chopsticks, can you?

However, nothing against chopsticks or Chinese, just that it's easier to scoop your food with a fork. It's progress and making life easier. Nothing to do with race.

Last edited:

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chopsticks are a silly invention. What for struggle with cirss-crossing two sticks X or V. Just use a fork will. Even in Chinese or Japanese restaurant, I ask for a fork. That's the best.

Try eating food in one of the below scenarios and you will find that chopsticks are way superior:
1) When the bowl/plate is filled with a huge mound of food. Using a fork will just push the food off the bowl/plate and make a mess.
2) When there are only disposable utensils available. Try spearing some deep-fried food with a plastic fork and you will understand the frustration.
3) When there are no tables or when you have to eat standing up. Using chopsticks allow you to hold the bowl/plate with one hand and use chopsticks with the other. Don't you hate it when you need to hold the bowl/plate with one hand and use a fork to eat? It will simply push the food around and you end up having to lift the plate to your mouth and simply using the fork to push the food in.

It is only in Western cuisine where the food is served in one big chunk, e.g. steak, that forks and knives are superior. East Asians have long learnt that cutting up the food into small pieces during preparation saves on energy used in cooking the food and makes eating the food a much easier task.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Different cutlery and utentils for diffrent dishes. Nothing superior nor inferior about about this or that. Even using hands to eat rice, prawn or crab is an art. Those who really know how to do it never get rice and oil beyong their second phalanx. Eating in human context is supposed to be an art, whether with forks, knives, spoons, chopsticks or hands. Otherwise, there's no need for cutlery or utensils. Just bend down and lick it in like a dog or cat will do.

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok enough Forvendet and Windows, now more jibber jabber, this thread was meant to be funny, it suddenly become the art of eating, it's ok lah, but no thrash talking lah you two, wah lau eh....

Last edited:

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am embarrassed that I hold my chopsticks in a 'X' way. Not the right way.

Maybe it's time to change this long-standing habit.

Any tips to hold the chopsticks in a '/\' way? :wink:

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different cutlery and utentils for diffrent dishes. Nothing superior nor inferior about about this or that. Even using hands to eat rice, prawn or crab is an art. Those who really know how to do it never get rice and oil beyong their second phalanx. Eating in human context is supposed to be an art, whether with forks, knives, spoons, chopsticks or hands. Otherwise, there's no need for cutlery or utensils. Just bend down and lick it in like a dog or cat will do.

You are talking crap again as usual, I see. No matter how deft you are with your fingers, the usage of utensils is a sign of civilisation. The invention of chopsticks came about when Asians realised the benefits of putting more emphasis into food preparation. The first stage of development involved the use of knives and forks to cut and spear food for eating. Asians have already gone past this stage. Unfortunately, the Chinese civilisation declined and people started to think every aspect of Chinese civilisation is bad.

The only exceptions are when the food has to be prepared in whole to retain the flavour and in those instances, using hands or knives and forks would be appropriate.

Last edited: