• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese Surnames

mrssmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
it just a matter of parents making an effort to educate their kids of their roots. i am a 5th generation singapore "yen". i do know where my ancestors orginated from, canton, kaiping. i also know the village name but cannot post here as that will expose my surname.:biggrin: There a ancestral hall there, i will make a trip there to put down my name and my son name to the records.

How do you know where your ancestors came from through their surnames? There are one million 'Tans' in Singapore. The only way to know where your ancestors came from is if they pass down the information through the generations. Many Chinese back then were given away as babies for a one dollar note.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do you know where your ancestors came from through their surnames? There are one million 'Tans' in Singapore. The only way to know where your ancestors came from is if they pass down the information through the generations. Many Chinese back then were given away as babies for a one dollar note.

Why were they given away?

mrssmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since u have difficulty remembering the surnames of your chinese friends then I would strongly suggest you ditch all of them.

btw how does your chinese friends address you? Do they call you by your fanciful eurasian name or they just call you 'cc' ?

Cc - chup cheng.

No offence ok. I have a couple eurasian friends with their difficult to pronounce eurasian names. So I just call the fat 1 pui chup cheng, thin one san chup cheng and young one chup cheng kia.

How long is your rap sheet?

mrssmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why were they given away?

You don't know? Most Chinese in the 50s-70s were coolies and could not afford to raise multiple sons/daughters, so many children were given away like candies. You could even have multiple wives back then in the 60s, no one cared.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You don't know? Most Chinese in the 50s-70s were coolies and could not afford to raise multiple sons/daughters, so many children were given away like candies. You could even have multiple wives back then in the 60s, no one cared.

Whom adopted these children? Other chinese? I hear some were adopted by malays and indians i think. Not sure.

mrssmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Having A Chinese Surname Is Still Better Than The Rest !

Oracle2.jpg

Chinese surnames are more colourful than 'ang moh's'. The Europeans' and Middle East Asians' are NOT consistent with their actual heritages. My surname is actually a Shang Dynasty royal surname. And of course, I'm proud of it !

The Europeans have moved on from pictographs to alphabets many moons ago, the Chinese are still stuck with writing with pictographs today. Who is the Shang Emperor? The one the British fed Opium to? Or the one the Japs raped?

mrssmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
a cross breed low class asshole like u will never understand the chinese surname system. fuck you jiacheng kia! go suck angmo cock!!!:oIo:

My god, look at you, you pretend to be proud of who you are but you suck the White Man's dick the hardest. If you had some pride left in your yellow skinny arse, you won't be using the White Man's language - English.

Just admit it, you hate to be Chinese as well. You sellout. You are no Bruce Lee, you are a dog of the White Man. Woof Woof!

Last edited:

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guess my rare surname easier to trace my ancestor;s root.
We have our Bai clan association in Rangoon road
and ancestor's temlpe 九仙宫 in Old Tampines Road.
Behind the temple are all the Bai ancestor altars.
I am the 19 generation.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am the 19 generation.

No 19 generation only about 600 years old/history.

williamwindsor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am the 19 generation.

I agree! All people with the surname 'Bai' must have descended from the same ancestor. There is no way that the Chinese randomly chose and changed their surnames back then!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Europeans have moved on from pictographs to alphabets many moons ago, the Chinese are still stuck with writing with pictographs today. Who is the Shang Emperor? The one the British fed Opium to? Or the one the Japs raped?

During the Shang dynasty era, the British and most Europeans including Romans excepting Greeks, were living in caves. The Japanese still use Chinese characters today.

williamwindsor

Alfrescian
Loyal

During the Shang dynasty era, the British and most Europeans including Romans excepting Greeks, were living in caves. The Japanese still use Chinese characters today.

Right on! The Europeans were all living in Caves during 1500 BC. They did not live in massive forts such as the Grianan, rear animals in ranches, use advanced metal weapons or build boats. Excellent insights.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chinese Way That Others Mimic

[video=youtube;cx-x7BrgjSA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx-x7BrgjSA[/video]

[video=youtube;tO4-Gu5Ov34]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO4-Gu5Ov34[/video]

[video=youtube;arTQGqE6TEU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arTQGqE6TEU&feature=related[/video]

I had watched this on Discovery Channel (SCV and then StarHub). Now, you know the truth how they thought they were ones who 'invented' this and that but many were the ingenuity of the Chinese. Yep ! Stolen again. So, does that mean it is considered as an Infringement of Intellectual Property ?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am the 19 generation.

Is Joanne peh your cousin? Can intro?

williamwindsor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The Chinese Way That Others Mimic

I had watched this on Discovery Channel (SCV and then StarHub). Now, you know the truth how they thought they were ones who 'invented' this and that but many were the ingenuity of the Chinese. Yep ! Stolen again. So, does that mean it is considered as an Infringement of Intellectual Property ?

I agree with you. The Chinese have been telling the world that for centuries, that they invented everything and that their culture is the most advanced, and I fully trust that the Chinese are telling the truth, as they always do.

Look around you, everything is invented by the Chinese, but stolen by the West. The internet, apartment blocks, electricity, air-conditioner, computers, cars etc.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surnames

I had always thought that surname was a corruption of "sir names". But the word "sir" was less of a noble title which means Sir Stanford Raffles was a commoner.

The Europeans adopted the naming system of the GREAT Chinese ! The feudal system was traced far back to ANCIENT China.

• Baronet
  • Baron 男
  • Viscount 子
  • Count, Earl 伯
  • Marquis 侯
  • Duke 公
  • King 王

Too bad, they copied this too. There's nothing wrong with copying BUT don't hijack the invention and heritage of the actual founders or inventors.

中國先秦時代開始,已有君主賜封公爵,是中國古代封建制度五等爵的第一等。
禮記·王制:「王者之制祿爵,公侯伯子男,凡五等」。

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Surnames

Malaysia also got Agong (King), Sultan (Duke), Tengku (Prince), Tun/Sri (classes of Earl), Datok/Sri (classes of Baron). These are all nobility ranks. England got one I think they invented themselves, maybe by King Arthur or somebody. Knight is the one addressed Sir, not the nobilities addressed Baron, Lord etc. Knight means 爵士 (warrior of noble) not 爵位 (noble rank with land). The closest equivalent I think is Japanese Samurai. Giving brave warriors recognition with prestigious titles and privileges secure their lifelong loyalties since from commoners' backgrounds, they have no hope of rising to nobility ranks. Sir Stamford Raffles was a knight, not a noble.