• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese Poetry | Guess The Author

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ramseth said:
Good. 皇帝诗。Emperor Shunzhi 顺治。Another 皇帝诗。

春花秋月何时了,往事知多少
小楼昨夜又东风,故国不堪回首月明中

雕阑玉砌依然在,只是朱颜改
问君都有几多愁,恰似一江春水向东流

Another by the same:
无言独上西楼,月如钩,寂寞梧桐深院锁清秋。
剪不断,理还乱,是离愁,别有一番滋味在心头。

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You hor, I dont know what to say. You keep fighting for Chinese but dont know much Chinese LOL

So what? Is there anything wrong? fight for chinese must know chinese ah? Then fight for ang moh need to know lots of ang moh languages?

Btw i could have pretended to know a lot of chinese but i didn't.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what? Is there anything wrong? fight for chinese must know chinese ah? Then fight for ang moh need to know lots of ang moh languages?

Btw i could have pretended to know a lot of chinese but i didn't.

You say nothing wrong then nothing wrong lor, your business. I just find laughable you go chase around people to speak Chinese and you dont know much, my business LOL Now now dont come and tell me me no need speak Chinese to be Chinese. I heard before and laugh off also.

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
sadly speaking, as a product of current education system. i can only read and type (cannot write now), however with regards to comprehension, if it involve ancient poem.....i can only guess about 60 percent of the meaning....

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sadly speaking, as a product of current education system. i can only read and type (cannot write now), however with regards to comprehension, if it involve ancient poem.....i can only guess about 60 percent of the meaning....

Son, this is probably my last night here. Please learn how to write Chinese. I mean write, not only with pen but with brush. Basic and classic Chinese poems you must know too.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Son, this is probably my last night here. Please learn how to write Chinese. I mean write, not only with pen but with brush. Basic and classic Chinese poems you must know too.

You never teach him and run road. Now talk cock LOL

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You say nothing wrong then nothing wrong lor, your business. I just find laughable you go chase around people to speak Chinese and you dont know much, my business LOL Now now dont come and tell me me no need speak Chinese to be Chinese. I heard before and laugh off also.

Hey don't go and twist my words around lah. Are you a keling? You sure act like one. Since when i did chase ppl to speak chinese? Show me that? I only speak up when ppl write bad things on chinese ppl. I don't know much? Then you know a lot?

Chinese is both a language and an ethnic group. Some chinese ppl cannot speak chinese but they are still chinese. What's your problem? I can speak chinese ah asshole. Next min you'll make up stories that i cannot speak chinese.

Ps ppl have said i'm a chinese helicopter, an indian and so on. I wonder why the standards always change. In the past it was i was some cheena person and then all the -ve stereotypes came out now it's my chinese needs to be A1 to stand up for chinese.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jah_rastafar_I said:
Can u write chinese calligraphy or not? Can u quote tang poems?

Cannot? So don't come and tell me about me not knowing chinese.

Here is a poem for you but it is not Chinese:
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here is a poem for you but it is not Chinese:
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

No regrets no surrender. I stand tall don't feel ashamed.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be or not to be, that is the question
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles

And by opposing end them, to die, to sleep?
No more and by a sleep to say we end
The heartache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to 'tis a consummation

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
葡萄美酒夜光杯,欲饮琵琶马上催
醉卧沙场君莫笑,古来征战几人回

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
葡萄美酒夜光杯,欲饮琵琶马上催
醉卧沙场君莫笑,古来征战几人回

So sad, two days and no reply to such a great and famous poem. Very sad state of Chinese education and appreciation of Chinese poetry nowadays. Making me sleepless. :(

Last edited: