• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese Poetry | Guess The Author

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
沧海一声笑 滔滔两岸潮 浮沉随浪只记今朝   

苍天笑 纷纷世上潮 谁负谁胜出天知晓  

江山笑 烟雨遥   涛浪涛尽红尘俗世知多少

清风笑 竟惹寂寥  豪情还剩了一襟晚照 

苍生笑 不再寂寥 豪情仍在痴痴笑笑

This should be read/sang in Cantonese for it to rhyme properly. In Mandarin, it really sucks.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
here's mine pretty simple

窗前名月光 以是地上窗
举头望明月 低头使古相

forgot a whole bunch of words so had to replace them phonetically. Synonyms i guess that's what they are called or anthonym?

床前明月光,疑是地上霜
举头望明月,低头思故乡

by 李白

And I thought you are a defender of all things Chinese. :eek:

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
月夜忆舍弟

戍鼓断人行
边秋一雁声
露从今夜白
月是故乡明
有弟皆分散
无家问死生
寄书长不达
况乃未休兵

yuè yè yì shè dì

shù gǔ duàn rén xíng
qiū biān yí yàn shēng
lù cóng jīn yè bái
yuè shì gù xiāng míng
yǒu dì jiē fēn sàn
wú jiā wèn sǐ shēng
jì shū cháng bú bì
kuàng nǎi wèi xiū bīng

where are all my brothers? spread all over the globe....where are all the iconic sammyboys who have made this forum a part of singapore's history.....hello!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if u think chinese script is difficult then read up about chinese culture in english lor. i admit chinese poetry die die must read in chinese so if u have children, then learn together with your kids. There are some "easy" chinese poetry in popular book store meant for children, come together with cartoon pictures inside. Can learn together and at the same time have quality time together with children, one stone many birds.:biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
What type of mix are you exactly?

Are you at least half asian?

I think I've mentioned before but you might have missed it. My great*x grandfather was a British diplomat in China during Qing Dynasty and married my great*x grandmother who was a Manchurian with a Manchurian maiden surname, not Han Chinese. Later when the British Straits Settlements and British Malaya were established, he got posted to this region and brought his whole family along. That was how our Eurasian lineage started.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think I've mentioned before but you might have missed it. My great*x grandfather was a British diplomat in China during Qing Dynasty and married my great*x grandmother who was a Manchurian with a Manchurian maiden surname, not Han Chinese. Later when the British Straits Settlements and British Malaya were established, he got posted to this region and brought his whole family along. That was how our Eurasian lineage started.

So i suppose this great grandad of yours is on your father's side. Here's the thing though. You didn't mention your grand parents on both sides and your parents heritage it's no wonder i couldn't connect the dots. Btw everyone has 2 parents, 4 grand parents and 8 great grand parents.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
So i suppose this great grandad of yours is on your father's side. Here's the thing though. You didn't mention your grand parents on both sides and your parents heritage it's no wonder i couldn't connect the dots. Btw everyone has 2 parents, 4 grand parents and 8 great grand parents.

Following your logic, which is mathematically logical I must say, everyone who's marries has 4 parents (2 in-laws), 8 grandparents (4 in-laws) and 16 great grandparents (8 in-laws). Anyone in the dot connecting the line may not be of the same race. So please, stop your Chinese superiority or insecurity.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

So according to your logic, mathematically logical I must say, everyone who's married has 4 parents (2 in-laws), 8 grandparents (4-inlaws) and 16 great grandparents (8 in-laws). Anyone in the dot connecting the line not being of the same race would render the ethnicity mixed. That's why we see some so-called pure Chinese with wavy hair instead of the classic Chinese straight hair, some are taller or shorter than average, some are fairer or darker than average.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So according to your logic, mathematically logical I must say, everyone who's married has 4 parents (2 in-laws), 8 grandparents (4-inlaws) and 16 great grandparents (8 in-laws). Anyone in the dot connecting the line not being of the same race would render the ethnicity mixed. That's why we see some so-called pure Chinese with wavy hair instead of the classic Chinese straight hair, some are taller or shorter than average, some are fairer or darker than average.

What a bore! Look you told me about your great grand parents. Quite difficult to connect the dots. Tell me about the heritage of your parents and grandparents. It's true that every human has 2 parents, 4 grandparents and 8 great grandparents and it makes no diff whether they are married or not. Unless somehow these humans are a different species and managed to procreate without the opposite gender.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a bore! Look you told me about your great grand parents. Quite difficult to connect the dots. Tell me about the heritage of your parents and grandparents. It's true that every human has 2 parents, 4 grandparents and 8 great grandparents and it makes no diff whether they are married or not. Unless somehow these humans are a different species and managed to procreate without the opposite gender.

I've already told you. My great*x grandfather was a British diplomat in China married to my great*x grandmother who was Manchurian. That's how our Eurasian lineage started. The most I can tell you further is that my great*x grandmother was from the imperial household (ranked lady but not princess) betrothed to my great*x grandfather by one of the Qing emperors I can't remember who. If you probe deeper than that, I'd think that you're impertinently intrusive over nothing of your concern.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've already told you. My great*x grandfather was a British diplomat in China married to my great*x grandmother who was Manchurian. That's how our Eurasian lineage started. The most I can tell you further is that my great*x grandmother was from the imperial household (ranked lady but not princess) betrothed to my great*x grandfather by one of the Qing emperors I can't remember who. If you probe deeper than that, I'd think that you're impertinently intrusive over nothing of your concern.

Aiyoh your great grand father sure is one of those damn sickening A holes trying to take advantage of china. Fortunately those days are over. Why won't you tell me what your parents and grand parents are? I suppose they are all asian but not chinese.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyoh your great grand father sure is one of those damn sickening A holes trying to take advantage of china. Fortunately those days are over. Why won't you tell me what your parents and grand parents are? I suppose they are all asian but not chinese.

There wasn't any side taking advantage of the other side, but to face reality, it was a politically arranged marriage, that I can't deny. A certain degree of snobbery down my family line too, that I also can't deny, my ancestors only married aristocracy or at least gentry. It wasn't about the race. It was about the status. That was in the feudal and imperial past. I do hope that changes. If I have children, I won't mind them marrying anybody as long as they're in love and happy together.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There wasn't any side taking advantage of the other side, but to face reality, it was a politically arranged marriage, that I can't deny. A certain degree of snobbery down my family too, that I also can't deny, my ancestors only married aristocracy or at least gentry. It wasn't about the race. It was about the status. That was in the feudal and imperial past. I do hope that changes. If I have children, I won't mind them marrying anybody as long as they're in love and happy together.

Ok i don't ask you anymore since you don't want to tell. Great grandparents are too far back but i can bet you must be mixed up with a significant percentage of shit skin since you're so bias towards them.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
荣华犹如三更梦, 富贵还同九月霜
天下丛林饭似山,钵盂到处任君餐。
黄金白玉非为贵,惟有袈裟披最难!
朕为大地山河主,忧国忧民事转烦,
百年三万六千日,不及僧家半日闲。
来时糊涂去时迷,空在人间走一回。
未曾生我谁是我?生我之时我是谁?