• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

China plans to build Kra Canal..end of Sinkapoor is near.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't think the democrats will want to torpedo a project that will bring much economic vibrancy and benefits to the southwhich has always been their traditional vote bank.

In any case the consortium wouldn't be there without the blessing of Thai govt.

what govt? the temp one by noluck shitknowswhat is caretaker, no power to decide anything.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
This has been talked about for years, and it will be talked again for years....The guy who started this thread cant even read a map. Which part of China is in the Kra Isthmus? Which part of the Kra belongs to China?

On paper, you can just cut the land, who doesnt know that? In reality, it is not feasible or sustainable. Is there deep enough water? Are there good logistics inland to connect? Look at southern Thailand. Who are there? Do they have a population with the expertise to man a port and a whole supply chain? They will have to shift the capital there. A lot of chest thumping but not going to happen.

If it does, I cut my own isthmus.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This has been talked about for years, and it will be talked again for years....The guy who started this thread cant even read a map. Which part of China is in the Kra Isthmus? Which part of the Kra belongs to China?

On paper, you can just cut the land, who doesnt know that? In reality, it is not feasible or sustainable. Is there deep enough water? Are there good logistics inland to connect? Look at southern Thailand. Who are there? Do they have a population with the expertise to man a port and a whole supply chain? They will have to shift the capital there. A lot of chest thumping but not going to happen.

If it does, I cut my own isthmus.

lucky for you the Panama and Suez canals were already cut before you're born................otherwise you cut your own throat 2 times liao............

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
guys,

It makes more sense to build a high speed railroad to link the two coastal sides of Kra than to cut it. Unload the goods on one side and transport goods to other side by rail. Cheaper, faster, betterer..

Why would China commit huge resources to such madcap projects when she cannot control the politico-economic situation in southern thailand? Thailand's democracy is even more unstable than the CCP.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I said I will be cutting my prick, not my throat. But thats not going to happen.

lucky for you the Panama and Suez canals were already cut before you're born................otherwise you cut your own throat 2 times liao............

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
We shall see whether it happens or not. Maybe in your lifetime, may not be in your lifetime. Depends on how old you are now. :biggrin:
Yawn..... until the day they sign the MOU and dredging works have started, only then will I believe that the Kra Canal is being built.

It is not an easy task because economically, apart from the enormous costs involved, politically, the separation of Southern Thailand will make those Muslims there to be even more adamant to declaring independence for themselves, which the Thai Kingdom will never agree.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yawn..... until the day they sign the MOU and dredging works have started, only then will I believe that the Kra Canal is being built.

It is not an easy task because economically, apart from the enormous costs involved, politically, the separation of Southern Thailand will make those Muslims there to be even more adamant to declaring independence for themselves, which the Thai Kingdom will never agree.

Even if MOU signed and work started, some parties in Thailand can come out and called off the deal and stop work. You go sue them lor.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it cheaper to built ports on both sides of Kra and lay a pipeline to transport crude and gas. More environmental friendly too. Unless Thailand has a death wish, it don't benefit them politically at all to build the Kra canal as it will become a strategic chokepoint, attracting US, Nippon and Chinese navies into Thai waters. Both panama and Egypt become US puppets as a result of the canals. Will china throw $$ in a project that will see increase 7th fleet activity in the gulf of Thailand and south china sea?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally there are still some rational and sane minds around. Spot on, on all points.

You must be able to control the port, not just want it. The U.S. has the means to control Panama (it even deposed a dictator to achieve it) and Suez. Does China have the means and locus standii? It already has enough animosity claiming lands that are more likely to be theirs.

Not just US, Japan and China. What abt India?

I think it cheaper to built ports on both sides of Kra and lay a pipeline to transport crude and gas. More environmental friendly too. Unless Thailand has a death wish, it don't benefit them politically at all to build the Kra canal as it will become a strategic chokepoint, attracting US, Nippon and Chinese navies into Thai waters. Both panama and Egypt become US puppets as a result of the canals. Will china throw $$ in a project that will see increase 7th fleet activity in the gulf of Thailand and south china sea?

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is pragmatic.

If the Kra Canal is inevitable, Singapore will want a slice of the action. Port management is a forte of Singapore, for one. There are other areas it can participate in, buy up some equity in the venture for instance. Singapore will not take this lying down.

Of course the Chinese can and probably will fuck them up by denial of participation.

I think the Thais are more than capable to handle their own ports.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Costs too much for cargo and ship owners to pay for a) downtime waiting for ships to unload and b) pay for another ship to load c) must work doubly hard to get two ships instead of one. D) pay pipeline charges and pipes which might get contaminated if not properly done and the risk of contamination increases many fold. E) many other problem associated with this idea.
Might as well sail right through the canal.

US already using Thai naval facilities at satahip. Plus frequent war games both on land and offshore.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What contamination? Have you never heard how Gazprom pipes its gas all over Europe from gas field inside Russia?

The Canadians are at same time considering piping oil from Alberta to the eastern port of Montreal and the eastern seaboard of the U.S.

And contamination wont come from poor quality work from a Chinese consortia to cut the kra?

Costs too much for cargo and ship owners to pay for a) downtime waiting for ships to unload and b) pay for another ship to load c) must work doubly hard to get two ships instead of one. D) pay pipeline charges and pipes which might get contaminated if not properly done and the risk of contamination increases many fold. E) many other problem associated with this idea.
Might as well sail right through the canal.

US already using Thai naval facilities at satahip. Plus frequent war games both on land and offshore.

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Projects such as this costs enormous amount of money. It will only be built of china says so. The Thais having a port in tawei, Myanmar is already good enough as there will be highway, gas pipes and rail link to Bangkok.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'll go there and build one geylang entertainment complex.. where there r money to build, there will b money to spend.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
What contamination? Have you never heard how Gazprom pipes its gas all over Europe from gas field inside Russia?

The Canadians are at same time considering piping oil from Alberta to the eastern port of Montreal and the eastern seaboard of the U.S.

And contamination wont come from poor quality work from a Chinese consortia to cut the kra?

I was referring to oil products. Anyway costs of transferring from a ship to terminal to pipes to terminal to ships are too expensive. Might as well sail through Singapore.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
fdsg.jpg

this project ain't taking off anytime soon until somebody gets the alphabetical order right :p:p:p