• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chiam's GRC Plan Riles WP Member

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like I said before a piece of shit.

Found it - Now I understand why no one wanted to provide the link.
Here is the link, Yes he did not apologise but you should read this again to see what an insincere chap that this guy is.

http://yawshinleong.blogspot.com/2008/06/introspection-of-perspectives.html

Firstly - what a condescending chap. Read this
"to fellow Singaporeans who like myself voted for the PAP in the last GE, this is my message to you. Just as Dr Teo Ho Pin will not receive my vote in the next GE, let's vote in solidarity to deny the PAP."

Seems like he is suggesting that others persuaded Singaporeans to vote for the opposition while they voted for PAP. Can't recall any other idiot that did this other than Yaw.

Secondly - what a egoistic individual. Read this
"as one of the leaders in Singapore's political opposition, I ought to have weighed the considerations heavily prior to the revelation of my vote,"
When did he become one of the leaders of Singapore political opposition.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's just put it this way. If Yaw is indeed sincere then I think he should at the very least refrain from standing in next GE. Probably no harm in helping WP though.

Like I said it doesn't matter to me what he does next because I didn't even heck care those in opposition who had given the PAP a lot more, like 2 seats and a nude maid tragedy. To me to take issue with YSL alone is a double standard on my part. You are free to think differently.

I'll continue to vote for all opposition including YSL and CSJ and SC etc. if you don't mind.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like I said it doesn't matter to me what he does next because I didn't even heck care those in opposition who had given the PAP a lot more, like 2 seats and a nude maid tragedy. To me to take issue with YSL alone is a double standard on my part. You are free to think differently.

I'll continue to vote for all opposition including YSL and CSJ and SC etc. if you don't mind.

sure. if u like wayang show, go ahead vote YSL.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

it best u leave out csj. if suay suay he becomes ur mp, any problem ur ward faces, he go comprain to president obama of the USA!!:biggrin:

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
it best u leave out csj. if suay suay he becomes ur mp, any problem ur ward faces, he go comprain to president obama of the USA!!:biggrin:

clap! clap! clap! PAP lap dog of the highest order!

Who's next? oh ! worker's party!:p

After that? oh! SPP? SPC? SPCA?

Anything can happen with this siow Pondan!:(

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be my guest and it is your vote afterall. However you are misconceived to compare other oppos boo boos and peccadilloes to Yaw's conduct. The others did not deceive the electorate, Yaw did and to make matters worse to this day he has yet to come out with an unequivocal plain clear and simple apology with an act of contrition for his deceit.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be my guest and it is your vote afterall. However you are misconceived to compare other oppos boo boos and peccadilloes to Yaw's conduct. The others did not deceive the electorate, Yaw did and to make matters worse to this day he has yet to come out with an unequivocal plain clear and simple apology with an act of contrition for his deceit.

Thanks but I don't think I'm "misconceived" or feel "deceived". Maybe you did and I respect that. Didn't recall YSL asking voters of BP to vote for Ling. AFAIK opposition parties would call voters to vote for their party and against PAP, i.e. Chiam decided to call people to vote SDA candidates rather than all opposition in 2001.

I look at the stats and this is what it tells me (in Bt Panjang where LHD stood and YSL lived and AMK GRC where YSL stood).

Bt Panjang
PAP - 77%
Opp - 23%
Spoil - 3%

AMK GRC
PAP - 66%
Opp - 33%
Spoil - 2%

My conclusion is that 11% (77 - 66) followed YSL line and 1% (3 - 2) voted like you. The numbers who voted his way outweigh 10 times the number who spoiled their vote.

No denying that he was an opposition candidate but for me, I think he doesn't live in Bt Panjang in a WP capacity, he lives there in a Singaporean, resident and normal person capacity. So while I agree that he could have spoilt his vote, I won't refuse to vote him because of this.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
What has all this got to do with the simple fact that in front of the electorate Yaw asked themn to vote for him/WP against PAP while at the same time failing to disclose the fact that he would be voting for PAP?

. Didn't recall YSL asking voters of BP to vote for Ling. AFAIK opposition parties would call voters to vote for their party and against PAP, i.e. Chiam decided to call people to vote SDA candidates rather than all opposition in 2001.

I look at the stats and this is what it tells me (in Bt Panjang where LHD stood and YSL lived and AMK GRC where YSL stood).

Bt Panjang
PAP - 77%
Opp - 23%
Spoil - 3%

AMK GRC
PAP - 66%
Opp - 33%
Spoil - 2%

My conclusion is that 11% (77 - 66) followed YSL line and 1% (3 - 2) voted like you. The numbers who voted his way outweigh 10 times the number who spoiled their vote.

No denying that he was an opposition candidate but for me, I think he doesn't live in Bt Panjang in a WP capacity, he lives there in a Singaporean, resident and normal person capacity. So while I agree that he could have spoilt his vote, I won't refuse to vote him because of this.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
What has all this got to do with the simple fact that in front of the electorate Yaw asked themn to vote for him/WP against PAP while at the same time failing to disclose the fact that he would be voting for PAP?

I've responded to that several times already Port, including several posts of yours saying the same thing. No need for repeat, I think. :p People are already accusing me of defending YSL too much and even asking me to find his number and call him. :biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, but all that you say, with all due respect, cannot explain away the fact that Yaw did not act in a bona fide honest manner with the electorate when he canvassed for their votes against PAP the very party he voted for at the sametime.
I've responded to that several times already Port, including several posts of yours saying the same thing. No need for repeat, I think. :p People are already accusing me of defending YSL too much and even asking me to find his number and call him. :biggrin:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bt Panjang
PAP - 77%
Opp - 23%
Spoil - 3%

AMK GRC
PAP - 66%
Opp - 33%
Spoil - 2%

My own conclusion is that singaporeans are less favorable towards the SDP than the WP by 11%, with 1% more who are willing to be swayed when the SDP shows their value.

Thus the SDP should do a self-analysis and see if they can improve on their standing with the electorate.

Their press with the electorate is very bad.

One interesting insight in the guesses on Yaw's intention is that:
when it comes to my estate, i rather you vote PAP

when it comes to my election, i rather you don't vote PAP

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think YSL was trying to create a image of a intelligent, reason thinking, new age opposition figure who doesn't oppose PAP just for the sake of it, he can recognize a better candidate and if the need arises, he can vote for a PAP man and reject the opposition candidate.

But then, it completely backfires to nobody surprises. YSL end up looking like a idiot, clown, a opposition traitor anything but a clever thinking man politician who vote wisely beyond party lines.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think YSL was trying to create a image of a intelligent, reason thinking, new age opposition figure who doesn't oppose PAP just for the sake of it, he can recognize a better candidate and if the need arises, he can vote for a PAP man and reject the opposition candidate.

But then, it completely backfires to nobody surprises. YSL end up looking like a idiot, clown, a opposition traitor anything but a clever thinking man politician who vote wisely beyond party lines.

You put in it a much better way than many here who have discussed the issue, bro.

With due respect Port brought in the issue of honesty and all that which I think deviated the issue. YSL is by all means a very poor strategist like CSJ, but paint a picture of WP vs the rest of the opposition like how SDP supporters do a "SDP vs the rest". To me nothing suggestions hoodwinking because real dishonest people will never divulge their deeds for eternity unless exposed by someone else.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
didn't chee complain to obama, u banana?!!

Jamie "gangbanged" Sim Kheng Hwee.......

What did your idol said about Malaysia cutting off our water?

It was to go in with the SAF, repair the damaged water works equipment and then go the United Nations! And what is the United Nations without the good old USA?

Everybody in distress turn to Uncle Sam!

Who you will turn to?

Ah I know! Uncle Volka "Putin Yourarse", you SPP (Sarong Party Pondan) you!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
This is a grave and fundamental mistake. Its akin to an investment banker asking you to invest in the Malaysian stock market while he invest in the Singapore stock market. It goes down to credibility and integrity.

Firstly he does not need to go but he needs to concede that he committed a grave error and forward a sincere apology. WP CEC should step and express their feelings and make it clear that it treats such matters in the future as reasons for expulsion. At the moment, WP is taking a gamble as people are going to place less value on their words until tyhis is addressed.

Secondly, why do you consider Yaw as more capable than others. He does not strike me as such. He however does strike me as a good admin assistant. In the 1st instance he joined YPAP and he was fully conscious when JBJ was persecuted and the privy council, detention was in the works etc. He is an opportunist who knew that he would never be an MP under PAP.

Look at his article on Ho Juan Thai. Certainly strikes me as one who does not think sufficiently enough and lacks political maturity and common sense. Notice that Low did not comment on the issue. He probably would make a good ward counsellor but nothing more.

WP first had James Gomez who was politically astute but organisationally bad and now the opposite.

Dear Scroobal,

Pardon my ignorance, but I do not know Shin Leong has joined YPAP before although there are always murmurs circulating around about some of the opposition members being members of YPAP before. But after I have read people asserting me as "ex-YPAP" or "ex-PAP", I have begun to doubt all these talks about who have been PAP members unless I seek clarifications directly from the persons mentioned.

But I have to say this, many opposition activists used to be social or grassroot activists who may not necessary join PAP. Most of the time, they have mistaken People's Association PA as an "independent grassroot organization" when they were young.

Personally, I have involved in community centre activities on the pretext of contributing in serving the community when I was very young, in my late teens and early twenties. But I have a clear cut view of such grassroot organization being "independent" and that is why, part of the reasons I quit from my previous involvement is that PAP members have been using such Nationally funded organization for their own party's interests and mobilization for the General Elections back in 1991.

There may be many more young activists whom just get involved in such organizations without really knowing what they are all about. And I am very forgiving for these people, even if they were "brought in" (yeah, they were practically recruiting people to join PAP in CCCs and yet PA has the cheek to claim that political activities are banned in its grassroot organization such as CCC) to join PAP youth group. At the very least, I would know that these misguided people has the initial heart of serving the community when they were young.

I do not discriminate them personally. They might have little knowledge of what goes on in Singapore political arena until they get a little bit older.

Goh Meng Seng

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
And how many are are aware that teachers, Yes the very teachers who are educating your children are forced to go along with PAP organised activities?

One of them was my ex teacher, a Man to whom I accord the greatest respect since when I was in secondary school.

My hair was on fire that day when he related those frustrating episodes in his life. He had felt so cornered as it all went against his own principles and he wanted to keep the job he loves. Educating young minds.