• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cemetery in the Middle of an HDB Estate

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Brother, you seemed to know this place well. Was your school there or were you previously living there? My secondary school and JC was there and I used to live in Hougang, and I did not knew there were cemeteries at serangoon ave 1 and chuan hoe ave. Guess I must have spent too much time studying :biggrin:

bro , my parents stay there ..i used to be from st gabriel's secondary school . by the way , maybe you are still young that time ... cannot remember :wink: . bro , thats why i tell you i dont like to study when young ...always hang around outside :wink:

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chuan Hoe Avenue, off Yio Chu Kang Road . Unknown to many, the ashes of these 10,000 from World War II are buried alongside those of more than 1,000 of the pre-war community of Japanese there .

Bro there's a Japanese World War 2 Shinto Shrine right in the middle of MacRitchie Reservoir.. But I heard must do bit of trekking to reach the place..

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is very true.. Cemetery is a great place to relax.. Back then I would bring my binoculars to Bidadari to have a close look at the birds there.. But one thing that frightens me is the stray snakes there.. Once nearly stepped onto a small baby Cobra.. It hissed at me madly before slithering into a small drain..

yes bro , i also always go to bidadari and catch spider :wink: . once a while i will go to cemetery at night to relax too . the air there is very clean .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro there's a Japanese World War 2 Shinto Shrine right in the middle of MacRitchie Reservoir.. But I heard must do bit of trekking to reach the place..

bro , i heard my fishing friends said too ...but i dont know where is it .

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, we trekked their during PA days. It's called a 鳥居 (torii). Another strange use of Chinese characters. It's for Japanese troops to carry out their Shinto rituals and festivals. Rumor's that Japanese also has their version of fengshi in locating shrines and that site at MacRitchie was chosen. I'm not sure whether it's still there or not.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, we trekked their during PA days. It's called a 鳥居 (torii). Another strange use of Chinese characters. It's for Japanese troops to carry out their Shinto rituals and festivals. Rumor's that Japanese also has their version of fengshi in locating shrines and that site at MacRitchie was chosen. I'm not sure whether it's still there or not.

oh speaking of PA days ...i think i remember already is it near a pond ?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sometimes I wonder whether any Japanese army officers did a Harakiri ritual there when they knew that they are goin to lose the war in 1945... I used to have a Japanese colleague at my work place.. Even he knows about the Shrine in Macritichie..

KoalaJack

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a small Muslim cemetry smack right in the middle of Bedok HDB flats. Does anyone know?

When i was in JC, knew a girl from MIRC living there. So went out to meet her in the middle of the night. Her flat was within walking distance to the cemetry and I did not knew why we just walked into the small cemetry. At that time, I was more horny than afraid and I actually made her do a bbbj on me in the middle of that cemetry :o

yes i do. bedok south area, between an HDB flat and some terrace houses. a small kampong used to be there and villagers act as caretaker. Jack's friend used to stay at the flat facing it. once at night, a white figure float from his front window...through the living room..kitchen and out of the kitchen window...he was in the middle of watching TV....had the fright of his life...true story

KoalaJack

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Malays named it Kubor Kassim.. Years ago as a schoolboy, me and few of my Malay school mates would always ride our bikes into the cemetery during the late nites for some adventure thrills... Didnt see any ghosts while I was there..On one occasion, I didn't follow my school mates on one of their usual adventure trip into the cemetery..A school mate of mine claimed to see a Pontianak hiding behind an old tree there..He and the rest ran out of the cemetery in a fright.. The poor chap subsequently had a high fever due to the incident and was given 5 days MC from his family doctor..

jack's cousin drove past the spot late one night...3 hours later kena possessed....

jw5

Loyal
Can never understand why people are more afraid of dead people than living people.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

yes i do. bedok south area, between an HDB flat and some terrace houses. a small kampong used to be there and villagers act as caretaker. Jack's friend used to stay at the flat facing it. once at night, a white figure float from his front window...through the living room..kitchen and out of the kitchen window...he was in the middle of watching TV....had the fright of his life...true story

Did a google and I found this place to be Bedok South Ave 3, near to Lucky Gardens.

View attachment 4574

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Bedok South JC was the site when they dig up the earth to build the school found it was one of the places the Japs executed the locals during the Occupation. Hundreds of skeletons were dug up and I think they all were re-buried at the War Memorial near the Padang.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro , my parents stay there ..i used to be from st gabriel's secondary school . by the way , maybe you are still young that time ... cannot remember :wink: . bro , thats why i tell you i dont like to study when young ...always hang around outside :wink:

u must be at st gabriel when it was srtill in upper serangoon road, opposite the crocodile farm. st joseph convent just 50m from your school and xin ming secondary 100m down the road. i think your ex school building now house the girl brigade.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
u must be at st gabriel when it was srtill in upper serangoon road, opposite the crocodile farm. st joseph convent just 50m from your school and xin ming secondary 100m down the road. i think your ex school building now house the girl brigade.

bingo :wink: you also seems to know that area well . is upper serangoon shopping centre still around ?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brother, you seemed to know this place well. Was your school there or were you previously living there? My secondary school and JC was there and I used to live in Hougang, and I did not knew there were cemeteries at serangoon ave 1 and chuan hoe ave. Guess I must have spent too much time studying :biggrin:

u must be move to hougang from other places in the early 90s. the chinese cemetery at serangoon was exhumed in the 80s. the geography of the area chad change since then. the cemetery was located opposite the nex shopping centre and it was a small hill/knoll. then after exhumation, the hill must have been used for land reclaimation as now the whole area is a depression instead.

there also a small cemetery at the current chij primary school at upper serangoon road junction with hougang ave 7 & 8. right beside the big catolic church before the old kangkah. i really dont like the place but lan lan every morning have to go there to take bus in order to catch the first bus to school.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bingo :wink: you also seems to know that area well . is upper serangoon shopping centre still around ?

i born in punggol lah, live in the area all my life.

USSC still around but a dead town. even the vice trade also cannot bring life to the building.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
i born in punggol lah, live in the area all my life.

USSC still around but a dead town. even the vice trade also cannot bring life to the building.

USSC...I used to play arcade there :biggrin: There is also a shop on the 4th floor whereby we school children will get our pirated game CD.
I had my first try of a spa at Hougang De Sauna. I could still remember the milf name. Lily...Im surprised that nothing was being done to USSC. It actually occupied a big area. Imagine the amount of condos that could be built.