• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cemetery in the Middle of an HDB Estate

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think that is the Muslim cemetery as I did recall watching a burial when passing by to Opera Estate.

The Malays named it Kubor Kassim.. Years ago as a schoolboy, me and few of my Malay school mates would always ride our bikes into the cemetery during the late nites for some adventure thrills... Didnt see any ghosts while I was there..On one occasion, I didn't follow my school mates on one of their usual adventure trip into the cemetery..A school mate of mine claimed to see a Pontianak hiding behind an old tree there..He and the rest ran out of the cemetery in a fright.. The poor chap subsequently had a high fever due to the incident and was given 5 days MC from his family doctor..

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Malays named it Kubor Kassim.. Years ago as a schoolboy, me and few of my Malay school mates would always ride our bikes into the cemetery during the late nites for some adventure thrills... Didnt see any ghosts while I was there..On one occasion, I didn't follow my school mates on one of their usual adventure trip into the cemetery..A school mate of mine claimed to see a Pontianak hiding behind an old tree there..He and the rest ran out of the cemetery in a fright.. The poor chap subsequently had a high fever due to the incident and was given 5 days MC from his family doctor..

I bet those days it was pretty dark with few houses and can be really scarey. Wonderful memories as I used to visit my cousin in Opera Estate catching water fleas in the large drain behind his house. I recall riding a bike that was too big for me as a kid. Went down Frankel Drive down the steep hill and could not press the brake handles. I was heading towards the Frankel main road with no way to stop. So I made a quick turn into a side road and of course one side of my leg was very badly scratched.:eek::(

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bet those days it was pretty dark with few houses and can be really scarey. Wonderful memories as I used to visit my cousin in Opera Estate catching water fleas in the large drain behind his house. I recall riding a bike that was too big for me as a kid. Went down Frankel Drive down the steep hill and could not press the brake handles. I was heading towards the Frankel main road with no way to stop. So I made a quick turn into a side road and of course one side of my leg was very badly scratched.:eek::(

He..He..He.. Me not that old.. Still in my early 30s.. Those adventure escapades happened during the mid 90s.. I was from a boys school near to that Muslim cemetery.. There used to be an old Malay uncle who was a caretaker of the cemetery there back then.. Used to listen to his stories of the happenings inside the cemetery during late nights..That cemetery and Bidadari Cemetery used to be a popular place for the local Bomohs to do their stuff back then.. My dad's old kampong buddy, a Malay chap went there to ask for 4D numbers.. Heard he seek the help of a local bomoh.. He struck 1st prize and won nearly 100K... But sadly he fell ill few years after his big windfall.. He passed away 6 years ago..

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
That cemetery and Bidadari Cemetery used to be a popular place for the local Bomohs to do their stuff back then.. My dad's old kampong buddy, a Malay chap went there to ask for 4D numbers.. Heard he seek the help of a local bomoh.. He struck 1st prize and won nearly 100K... But sadly he fell ill few years after his big windfall.. He passed away 6 years ago..

It well could be a true story. Sometimes it is best not to know about such things or want to know about it. Curiosity kills the cat.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this one belong to old man ex-employer. so much give face and another touch. there another similar cemetery belong to the same ppl inside kovan private estate. hardly anyone pay their respect there yet authorities not dont anything.

Fucking dictator and his regime. Don't bat an eyelid when it comes to demolishing part of Bukit Brown, but ex-employer's grave he insists on conserving.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It might be closer to home (his home) than his former "employers".

Fucking dictator and his regime. Don't bat an eyelid when it comes to demolishing part of Bukit Brown, but ex-employer's grave he insists on conserving.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Few months back, I rode my bicycle into the old Bidadari Cemetery.. So many recreational activites goin on that place.. Few senior citizens playing golf there.. Many others doin their jogging, walking and cycling.. The place seems so peaceful and serene.. Birds chirping away merrily.. Quite a few amateur photographers sighted there too.. But knowing the Pappy Scums, the place could soon be developed into another condo or public housing projects..

Rushwind

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Bidadari Christian Cemetery was a terrific place before it was exhumed if you are seeking for some tranqility. I spent many moments jogging inside on late afternoons beforethe exhumation and I will usually read the many tombstones after I am done with my jogs. So when exhumation began, I was deeply sadden and I still continued to jog inside the cemetery during the exhumation period even though the cemetery was boarded up as I sneaked in through a hole under the boarding along Upper Aljunied Road. Now with the tombstones all gone, it just doesn't feel the same anymore.

Few months back, I rode my bicycle into the old Bidadari Cemetery.. So many recreational activites goin on that place.. Few senior citizens playing golf there.. Many others doin their jogging, walking and cycling.. The place seems so peaceful and serene.. Birds chirping away merrily.. Quite a few amateur photographers sighted there too.. But knowing the Pappy Scums, the place could soon be developed into another condo or public housing projects..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Bidadari Christian Cemetery was a terrific place before it was exhumed if you are seeking for some tranqility. I spent many moments jogging inside on late afternoons beforethe exhumation and I will usually read the many tombstones after I am done with my jogs. So when exhumation began, I was deeply sadden and I still continued to jog inside the cemetery during the exhumation period even though the cemetery was boarded up as I sneaked in through a hole under the boarding along Upper Aljunied Road. Now with the tombstones all gone, it just doesn't feel the same anymore.

He..He..He.. You and me have the same bizarre interest.. Yes, me too used to admire those gothic styled big tombstones at the Bidadari Christian Cemetery back then when I was still staying with my grandmother at Aljunied Chap Lau..:smile:

Rushwind

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you ventured into the Bidadari Hindu side of the cemetry? It is located within the compound of the Muslim cemetery? There was this magnificent tomb located under a big tree. I'll see if I can post the picture here in this forum. Is Aljunied chap lau the block of old 10-storey flats near Joo Seng Road?

He..He..He.. You and me have the same bizarre interest.. Yes, me too used to admire those gothic styled big tombstones at the Bidadari Christian Cemetery back then when I was still staying with my grandmother at Aljunied Chap Lau..:smile:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have you ventured into the Bidadari Hindu side of the cemetry? It is located within the compound of the Muslim cemetery? There was this magnificent tomb located under a big tree. I'll see if I can post the picture here in this forum. Is Aljunied chap lau the block of old 10-storey flats near Joo Seng Road?

Sadly I didn't managed to see the much heard Hindu Tomb that was located within the Muslim cemetery.. I didn't venture much into the Muslim side of the cemetery.. Aljunied chap lau that I was refering to is located at the old Macpherson housing estate.. My late grandmother used to stay at a block there facing the Macpherson Hawker Ctr.. Back then I used to accompany her for her weekly dialysis at the old Youngberg Hospital in front of the Bidadari Cemetery.. So while waiting for her to finish her 4 hr dialysis session, I would go to the Christian Cemetery to have a walk there..

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks brother for the clarification. I have always thought that there is an imperial army cemetry here in Singapore.

Chuan Hoe Avenue, off Yio Chu Kang Road . Unknown to many, the ashes of these 10,000 from World War II are buried alongside those of more than 1,000 of the pre-war community of Japanese there .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
actucally there nothing to be afraid of cemetry ....i find cemetry is a relax place ..no noise . i used to go cemetry alone to destress .

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
serangoon ave 1 ...near serangoon mrt opps nex shopping centre .

Brother, you seemed to know this place well. Was your school there or were you previously living there? My secondary school and JC was there and I used to live in Hougang, and I did not knew there were cemeteries at serangoon ave 1 and chuan hoe ave. Guess I must have spent too much time studying :biggrin:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actucally there nothing to be afraid of cemetry ....i find cemetry is a relax place ..no noise . i used to go cemetry alone to destress .

This is very true.. Cemetery is a great place to relax.. Back then I would bring my binoculars to Bidadari to have a close look at the birds there.. But one thing that frightens me is the stray snakes there.. Once nearly stepped onto a small baby Cobra.. It hissed at me madly before slithering into a small drain..