• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cemetery in the Middle of an HDB Estate

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the past, USSC very vibrant. only game in the area. sadly, once the market/food centre was demolish and the completion of hougang st 21 oriental emporium, the place lost a lot of traffic. then govt legalised arcade, giving the building a stay of execution. in the early 90s, only secondary punks hang in the area till the govt pass the regulation that school uniform not allow in acrade. Then there is snooker palour on top of the acrade, shops selling comics, nintendo/atari console and games. there even a LSB at the basement. then the place become famous for gays hangout. i last went there a couple months ago to get uniform for my kid, and was stunned by how quiet it was on a weekday afternoon.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I went down to Yin Foh Kuan and found that some structures have been built at the edge of the cemetery where there had been none before. It doesn't look like the graves are going to be exhumed any time soon.

Attachments

• DSC_0050.jpg
    DSC_0050.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows anything about the little Sikh Cemetry in the middle of Siglap housing estate? That little road between Upper East Coast Rd and New Upper Changi Road is merely 2 lanes sometimes Sikh ghosts direct traffic when there are roadworks. I am talking about the one near the old Flamingo Valley.

Muslim cemetery. Frankel Estate. Siglap Rd. East Coast Rd and Changi Rd.

That cemetery is being exhumed.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Few months back, I rode my bicycle into the old Bidadari Cemetery.. So many recreational activites goin on that place.. Few senior citizens playing golf there.. Many others doin their jogging, walking and cycling.. The place seems so peaceful and serene.. Birds chirping away merrily.. Quite a few amateur photographers sighted there too.. But knowing the Pappy Scums, the place could soon be developed into another condo or public housing projects..

I remember I was a little kid and I stood very close to Old Dog when he attended Lee Koon Choy's 1st wife's burial at the Bidadari Cemetery. She was my primary school teacher and she died of cancer.

Rushwind

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the magnificent tomb inside the Bidadari Hindu Cemetery.

bhc.jpg

Sadly I didn't managed to see the much heard Hindu Tomb that was located within the Muslim cemetery.. I didn't venture much into the Muslim side of the cemetery.. Aljunied chap lau that I was refering to is located at the old Macpherson housing estate.. My late grandmother used to stay at a block there facing the Macpherson Hawker Ctr.. Back then I used to accompany her for her weekly dialysis at the old Youngberg Hospital in front of the Bidadari Cemetery.. So while waiting for her to finish her 4 hr dialysis session, I would go to the Christian Cemetery to have a walk there..

Last edited: