• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CB Goh Meng Seng want to do away $40k grants for young couples once he is elected!

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Re: CB Goh Meng Seng want to do away $40k grants for young couples once he is elected

Use your fucking brains.
If they charge every pigeonhole at cost, what if some fuckers lose their jobs and cannot pay up? There is a need to insert a $100,000 cushion

Hey asshole.

All through my years reading at this forum, I must say I have to award you a Gold Medal for being the most foul CB mouth by a long shot.

:mad:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: CB Goh Meng Seng want to do away $40k grants for young couples once he is elected

Hey asshole.

All through my years reading at this forum, I must say I have to award you a Gold Medal for being the most foul CB mouth by a long shot.

:mad:

Cheebye Peasant :oIo:

I don't use my mouth on an online forum. :rolleyes:

Secondly, the difference between you and me is that I don't think care about small personal gains like the HDB flats. You are just one big lazy hypocrite who just want more and more social welfare and free lunches. :rolleyes:

One advice to your peasant mind. Go earn that $100,000 price difference by yourself through legal and business means instead of moaning online.
:oIo:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Cheebye Peasant :oIo:

I don't use my mouth on an online forum. :rolleyes:

Secondly, the difference between you and me is that I don't think care about small personal gains like the HDB flats. You are just one big lazy hypocrite who just want more and more social welfare and free lunches. :rolleyes:

One advice to your peasant mind. Go earn that $100,000 price difference by yourself through legal and business means instead of moaning online.
:oIo:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Quite true also. Without a grant, the demand will flow over to smaller units and present a demand over supply situation on the smaller units. People are still paying over value for a house.

Anyway, having given a carrot for so many years and suddenly someone propose not to give the carrot anymore. It isn't a right or wrong question. It is a question whether will the people be happy that the carrot is no longer available?

Another thing is asking HDB to sell HDB flats at cost. If HDB really agrees to sell HDB flats at cost, they will control the resale of flats and prevent homeowners making a profit. To simply say, HDB don't make money, homeowners can forget about making a single cent as well. What will become of HDB flats? Valueless. The loss of income for HDB will have to come from somewhere. And where? Income Taxes? So does it solve the problem. Yes it solves 1 problem but creates another one also

I agree with you mostly but it's not a carrot. It's a stick, not to beat someone but extended when someone's drowning and the tide's not retreating whether the stick is extended or not. When I support GMS in his fight against MBT, I've made it clear. It's to stablilise HDB prices, not bringing down HDB prices. When HDB prices stablilise, incomes have breath and space to catch up. Nobody loses anything or is stranded in financially or socially compromising situation not of one's own fault.

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree with you mostly but it's not a carrot. It's a stick, not to beat someone but extended when someone's drowning and the tide's not retreating whether the stick is extended or not. When I support GMS in his fight against MBT, I've made it clear. It's to stablilise HDB prices, not bringing down HDB prices. When HDB prices stablilise, incomes have breath and space to catch up. Nobody loses anything or is stranded in financially or socially compromising situation not of one's own fault.

yes, this makes sense. win win for all.

but selfish GMS wont listen to your reasoning because he wants the market to go rock bottom so that he can buy one cheap.

he's definitely sniffing glue if he thinks he can do it though.

Z

Zombie

It's to stablilise HDB prices, not bringing down HDB prices.

it won't stabilise when 5-room flats in resale market sell at free market pricing $500K while HDB sells new 5 room flats for say $100K at costs.... since both are very much substitutable goods and you cannot effectively impose administrative restrictions because people still "go through proxies".... therefore "arbitrage" acitivities will bring down the resale market prices quite heavily... until a new equilibrium price range is reached

unless you create a slum district.. :eek::biggrin:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

yes, this makes sense. win win for all.

but selfish GMS wont listen to your reasoning because he wants the market to go rock bottom so that he can buy one cheap.

he's definitely sniffing glue if he thinks he can do it though.

hi, i'm a simple fella with simple thoughts, and here are my thoughts as follows

Captain (NS) Goh Meng Seng is thinking shit, talking shit and doing shit in a metaphorical sense. Since the last GE 2006, this is all that he is capable of.

I am so glad that he did not won the Aljunied GRC despite my vote for WP, i wanted to give the opposition a fair chance to be voted into parliament. In retrospect, i am glad i did not gave GMS the opportunity to create mischief, discontent and mayhem IN parliament.

Last edited:

knightriderz

Alfrescian
Loyal

Correct me if I m wrong WTF u guys talking abt? 40k grant dun apply to new flats ONI to dbss n resale rte? Wifout e 40k grant, I wud pay more 4 my resale! No proof dat wifout e grant, Hdb resale prices will fall! More likely I will b disadvantaged vis-a-vis new flat buyers! Gms ideas r half baked!

Z

Zombie

Correct me if I m wrong WTF u guys talking abt? 40k grant dun apply to new flats ONI to dbss n resale rte? Wifout e 40k grant, I wud pay more 4 my resale! No proof dat wifout e grant, Hdb resale prices will fall! More likely I will b disadvantaged vis-a-vis new flat buyers! Gms ideas r half baked!

GMS wants
1) HDB to release new HDB flats at costs..
2) Take away grant from Resale market..

so if you are new buyer, you can choose to buy from HDB at cost (say $100K) or you can choose to buy a resale flat but no grant (say $500K market price)...

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

GMS wants

so if you are new buyer, you can choose to buy from HDB at cost (say $100K) or you can choose to buy a resale flat but no grant (say $500K market price)...

That would only work if there is enough supply of new flats to meet the demand of young couples. In land scarce Singapore, how would that be possible? MBT and his ministry already are at their wits end, so does GMS has a solution?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

GMS wants

First, grants are for first-time buyer resale flats only, with certain conditions. That is, they gave up the market subsidized differential on a first new flat that they're entitled to.

Then, if that's the case of $100k new versus $500k resale...you can be prepared to queue long long and wait long long, since the price differential would encourage more people to queue and wait.

Build more new flats? How big is Singapore?

Last edited:
Z

Zombie

That would only work if there is enough supply of new flats to meet the demand of young couples. In land scarce Singapore, how would that be possible? MBT and his ministry already are at their wits end, so does GMS has a solution?

exactly.. parents will want to sell off their $500k flats and push their children to "queue" for $100k flats, so as to share the $300-400k difference.. ie arbitraging..

and if HDB cannot meet the demand, they will make noise... then everyone gets panic and want to jump in... resale prices will drop heavily...

:biggrin:

Z

Zombie

Then, if that's the case of $100k new versus $500 resale...you can be prepared to queue long long and wait long long, since the price differential would encourage more people to queue and wait.
Build more new flats? How big is Singapore?

You are dealing with humans...
Can get or not, people will want to jump in first..... then reason later.. :biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

If HDB has not enough land to continue building, everyone should worry. But MBT has declared that Singapore can accommodate 6.5million people back in 2007. That is his problem, why you worry?

Goh Meng Seng

Z

Zombie

If HDB has not enough land to continue building, everyone should worry. But MBT has declared that Singapore can accommodate 6.5million people back in 2007. That is his problem, why you worry?

Goh Meng Seng

don't get me wrong.. I am not worrying for anything..

i'm just calling your solutions stupid.. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Goh Meng Seng

Nice execution of 太极, you just threw the problem back to someone who does not have the solution in the first place without offering any.

Echo_O

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ok Just in case some are confused.

30k-40k grants are only for RESALE HDB flats.

New flats (BTO) you do not get Grants only "subsidised prices" which is some % less than "market rate"

If u already took your grant or bought a "subsidised" flat you pay a resale levy on your flat if you want to buy a new (BTO) Flat

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal

sorry, i too busy to check internet. but do PRs get grants when they buy RESALE HDB flats?

Home Owner

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mr Goh

You better not let the value of my home go down!!

Just a home owner!

knightriderz

Alfrescian
Loyal

sorry, i too busy to check internet. but do PRs get grants when they buy RESALE HDB flats?

No! Pr dun get grant which means our ego bigbig gms wants to remove our citizen 'birthright' how e fuk he gt his hons in econs? Writing crap?