• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Canadian PR

Asychee

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the primary danger of off-the-plan sales.

One reason why I prefer second-hand goods =)

Another interesting tidbit is that he only put down a <5% deposit...

hi buddy, it is positive cashflow (Income vs expenses) and a 2-3 months reserve funds. You can sleep well at night.

Asychee

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes I have taken some action already, now trying to plan for future purchases.

the previous purchases were at market value, now trying to learn something new.

any tips on identifying undervalued properties in a non-recession market? please share.

The idea is to look at motivated sellers not just undervalued properties. Everyone can easily spot a undervalued property and compete with you but finding the motivated seller is the challenge. You can start by networking with Realtors to supply you with listing that are expired, forclosure, investment or estate/probate etc. 60 days on market and above listing. (my favourite).

Negotiate - i always let the seller knows, if you give me the price that i want, i can give you the terms that you need (eg. longer procession, fast closing, extra deposit upon lifting of conditions etc)

Upon acceptance, i will send in the home inspector. The home inspector will highlight on the fault and check for me if the basement is legit. That's when i will start to slice off the prices again.

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2010-04-06/canada/canadian-immigration-changes-from-this-week.htm

There are changes to the procedure for assessing English and French language ability from 10 April 2010.

There will also be changes to the Canadian occupation list from 1 May 2010. It is expected that some occupations will be taken off the list. If you meet the requirements for Canadian immigration it may be advisable to apply now before the changes to the Canadian occupation list.

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
White Supremos no show leh.

They may not show up at Braid Station but they showed up at some Asian's home with a fire bomb :mad:

4504702894_d8f537fc1c_o.jpg

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Cops say resident thinks attack may be politically motivated."

Auntie can't read news properly.:biggrin:

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/3/27/focus/5936468&sec=focus

Some 26,100 Singaporeans have applied for economic visa, for skilled workers and business class, Canada announced. The family category is excluded, but is estimated to number another 40,000.

Don't play play leh....66,100 Singaporeans applying for Canadian PR. If each
applicant cpf smelly smelly got 200K, total amount is 13.22 billion Singapore
dollars leh....Just imagine the 66,100 new Canadians trying to collect the
13.22 billion Singapore dollars from their cpf accounts.:eek:

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't play play leh....66,100 Singaporeans applying for Canadian PR. If each applicant cpf smelly smelly got 200K, total amount is 13.22 billion Singapore dollars leh....

That's why Singapore puts out the welcome mat to PRCs, Indians, Filipinos etc to replace the lost dollars :rolleyes:

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why Singapore puts out the welcome mat to PRCs, Indians, Filipinos etc to replace the lost dollars :rolleyes:

FTs used S'pore as a transit centre for US, Canada, Oz, NZ, etc. FTs laughed
all the way to those countries with S'pore $$$(scholarships paid by taxpayers, etc.). Even FT sportsmen( & women) with hot $$$ in pockets also ran road.

The fundamental question is, "Where to find 13.22 billion Singapore dollars
at such short notice?". All ur $$$$ r stuck in super duper long term underwater investments.:eek:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't play play leh....66,100 Singaporeans applying for Canadian PR. If each
applicant cpf smelly smelly got 200K, total amount is 13.22 billion Singapore
dollars leh....Just imagine the 66,100 new Canadians trying to collect the
13.22 billion Singapore dollars from their cpf accounts.:eek:

Smelly smelly ? HAhahaha.. Chow-chow (hokkien) .. haha

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Canadian property developer just slashed prices.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...n_RealEstate_100416/20100416/?hub=CalgaryHome

<<Buss is working with a developer in Cochrane. Together they plan to hold a real estate auction in hopes of selling 55 lots from the MonTerra development in Cochrane Lakes.

The lots will be sold at drastically reduced prices for the one-day event. "Lots that originally sold for as much as $400,000 are on the auction block right now for as low as $175,000," says Buss. >>

Canadian banks upped mortgage rates twice in weeks. New Canadian PRs can buy at 50% discount soon.:biggrin:

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The lots will be sold at drastically reduced prices for the one-day event. "Lots that originally sold for as much as $400,000 are on the auction block right now for as low as $175,000," says Buss.

Ah Hock koh, sure, Cochrane is some small town, population 13,760 far away from the nearest city, Calgary. I wouldn't be surprised if those properties drop some more.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Hi guys,

It seems like a long long long time since I last posted on a forum called Sam's Alfresco Coffeeshop! :biggrin:

How's everyone doing? Is CKCA still around ?I saw scrobal. Winnipegjets? Hellboy? and the rest that I can't remember!

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi [nayr69sg],
I used to be [CKCA] when I was on my old computer. After we met in Jan 2004 in SG, and after I became aware that you have landed in Edmonton, you and your family have been on my mind because I wonder how you folks have integrated although with your deteemination, I believe you should do well.
Please refer to the other thread on "Any new immigrant in Toronto?"
You know how to find me, if not go to the internet version of the Toronto Centre East Yellow Pages, and search under my profession.
I hope to hear that you are in good health and settled in Canada.
Cheers.