• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can Lina Chiam win Potong Pasir ?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think its a big mistake for Chiam to leave PP. If he had done it 5 yrs ago, it might have been good but the stroke have taken a toil on him. He can barely walk straight. Voters unfamiliar with him probably won't want to vote for someone how looks half dead. He should stay in PP where all the residents know him. Send his wife to the GRC instead

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
assuming the nationwide popular vote swing in favor to oppositions. ( very likely )
if national influences were completely paramount, nationwide vote swings are virtually uniform across all constituencies.

using these two factors theory, unlikely that SPP can't retain Potong Pasir even if CST is not defending the seat provided oppo popular votes rise a significant margin like 5%.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think its a big mistake for Chiam to leave PP. If he had done it 5 yrs ago, it might have been good but the stroke have taken a toil on him. He can barely walk straight. Voters unfamiliar with him probably won't want to vote for someone how looks half dead. He should stay in PP where all the residents know him. Send his wife to the GRC instead

Who wants a bickering housewife to their MP ? PP is her only chance, cashing on her husband's 'legacy'. Outside PP, Lina will not have stand a chance.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
I live in B-TP GRC, just next door to PP and visit PP often. There's no way Lina can win, not even CST himself, not even if PAP send a total new stranger candidate. The groundswell is now vote PAP and forget the rest.

Sorry, I beg to differ. I live in the Lor 8 Toa Payoh portion of Potong Pasir, and Chiam will win by at least 60% (if he ran) His wife will probably have a tough fight with whoever the PAP fields. If Chiam campaigns visibly next to her, I think she will win. If he's too busy with his GRC fight and fails to show his face in Potong Pasir, it might be a very very close fight. So a clear win for the PAP is not one of the potential results...

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal
She has too. Besides as a single ward any mishap to Chiam it becomes by-elections time. Which is not good at all.

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
My understanding is Lina will not stand a chance, she is no 'Wan Azizah'. She can't even speak chinese.

Last edited:

Jade Rabbit

Alfrescian
Loyal
My understanding is Lina will not stand a chance, she is no 'Wan Azizah'. She can't even speak chinese.

Cannot speak chinese not so bad, can she speak the dialects? Still having her "take over" Potong Pasir instead of Chiam's protege must have really strained things.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are talking about people who vote based on lift upgrading. :rolleyes:

I have said before. Sinkies are a special breed. Between certainty of slavery and uncertainty of liberty, Sinkies will rather opt for certainty of slavery. Sinkies are just too afraid to change, unless you can 'guarantee' them. It's like coaxing the same group of people to migrate overseas. The very first question is - can you get me a job there ?

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have said before. Sinkies are a special breed. Between certainty of slavery and uncertainty of liberty, Sinkies will rather opt for certainty of slavery. Sinkies are just too afraid to change, unless you can 'guarantee' them. It's like coaxing the same group of people to migrate overseas. The very first question is - can you get me a job there ?
More of, cost of living there is how much?

Followed by, got any large Singaporean community bo? :biggrin:
No large Singaporean community, no talk.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
More of, cost of living there is how much?

Followed by, got any large Singaporean community bo? :biggrin:
No large Singaporean community, no talk.

Cost of living is a relevant issue that one should find out. It's to find out whether one has the means to migrate. But asking someone to find you a job there before you cross over ?

Yeah, and large Singaporean community too.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Sinkies are just too afraid to change, unless you can 'guarantee' them. It's like coaxing the same group of people to migrate overseas. The very first question is - can you get me a job there ?
not juz a job ... but want evryting 2 b @ least mor than equal or betta den oni switch ... :rolleyes:

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
She has too. Besides as a single ward any mishap to Chiam it becomes by-elections time. Which is not good at all.

If that happens, there WILL BE NO by-elections, judging from the precedents PAP adopted for Dr Ong Chit Chung's and Dr Balaji's contituencies. Sitoh or whichever PAP loser candidate will take over as advisor of the PA in PP. So don't dream of any by-elections. This is not Malaysia or any other democratic country. This is autocratic country.