• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can Lina Chiam win Potong Pasir ?

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot speak chinese not so bad, can she speak the dialects? Still having her "take over" Potong Pasir instead of Chiam's protege must have really strained things.

I heard that she has started campaigning, door to door, block by block. But the feedback clearly indicated that there are more people who prefer sito $2 sharkfin. Let's hope she does not lose that badly.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have said before. Sinkies are a special breed. Between certainty of slavery and uncertainty of liberty, Sinkies will rather opt for certainty of slavery. Sinkies are just too afraid to change, unless you can 'guarantee' them. It's like coaxing the same group of people to migrate overseas. The very first question is - can you get me a job there ?

Yes,we are a unique breed. We grew up without the need to think. Everything in school just need to memorise. If you challenge assumptions and teachers, you are perceived as rocking the boat, abnormal. Primary school till JC all need to wear uniform - conformity. Some even before primary school, already wear uniform.

Then comes NS. Better not challenge or question your seniors coz that could be insubordination. Just kuai kuai follow orders.

So, when the question of migration comes up, S'poreans will act, talk kiasu, kiasee, kia-everything. We aren't risk takers. If $100 can potentially make $5 a month but with some risks involved, S'poreans will choose a 1 cent return to their dollar.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the case of PP it is no ordinary constituency where you look at the candidate and make a decision. The residents of PP have realised a long while ago that without the PAP their world would not cave in overnight despite what PAP claims. The dynamics is between the residents and the PAP rather than Lina. Lets not forget the sympathy votes that will go Lina's way. The old timers will also recall that Lina was with him from the very start and campaigned with him from the word go. Chiam miight have lost votes because of his party management and the failure to do succession planning but I am sure it is still be with SPP.

One of the reasons is that people living in the Sennet Estate, a predominently private housing estate, did not get much of the shares that the budget hand outs to citizens. Rich or poor, they happen to live in landed property, so they are heavily discounted from the distribution of the budget surpluses year after year. They can live with it. To them the gahment distribution meant the rich are getting poorer while the poor are getting richer - if living in a landed property is the sole criterion for the distribution of budget goodies.

But it shouldn't be so for the vast majority (>80%) elsewhere living in HDB flats - the gahment has helped them a lot - to the tune of billions! Be it their low pay, their allocation of more new HDB flats with as much as $60,000 grants, their upgrading which meant capital appreciation to their flats, etc. They should be grateful that they have such a benevolent government and should continue to support them for their future and more good years.

As to Lina Chiam, to be brutally frank, she is just an opportunist. Like the Indian and Filipino politicians who are actresses, she is just riding on the fame and sympathy of her husband. She is nowhere near Corazon Aquino - nor even Megawati Sukarnoputri. May be a little streak - like Jayalalitha Jayaram - san her beauty when she was younger.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lor 8 Toa Payoh most of the 4 rm flat staircases at least 2-3 months no wash, 5 rooms flats every month got wash.

Lor 8 Hawker Centre/market under renov till end Oct, so no central meeting point for either PAP/Chiam parties.

Sitoh is seen sometimes, so is Lina.

who will win? think lina will lose

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lina have a group of die-hard supporters. :smile:

They are Carpenters and encourage her by saying We've only just begun .....:eek:

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lor 8 Toa Payoh most of the 4 rm flat staircases at least 2-3 months no wash, 5 rooms flats every month got wash.

Lor 8 Hawker Centre/market under renov till end Oct, so no central meeting point for either PAP/Chiam parties.

Sitoh is seen sometimes, so is Lina.

who will win? think lina will lose

blangah wash hdb corridor u think so good? last time i stay at aljunied grc. every month yes blangah will come wash corridor with their pressure jet.

what happens after that? all the paint on the wall gets strip off by the water jet (paint old liao), and all the paint flakes ended up inside my house (tru the gap between door and floor). damn tulan. until so that whenever i am at home when blangah wash corridor, i gotta tell him leave my area alone.:mad:

seems more like making the area dirtier even b4 the washing :mad:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This General Election is either going to be a Wake-up Call for PAP or Wake-up Call for the Electorate at large.

A Wake-up Call for PAP would mean Opposition garnering more seats, hopefully 30 seats to deny PAP a 2/3 majority. That would prevent PAP from passing Bills at their whims and fancy.

A Wake-up Call for the Electorate would mean a complete annihilation of the Opposition, including surrendering PP and HG to PAP.

The worst scenario - a scenario which is preferred by PAP - is for Opposition to retain PP and HG and give Singapore some semblance of democracy.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree.

I spoke to the alien again last night.

She said :

Aljunied GRC - WP menang
Tampines GRC - NSP menang
Hougang - WP menang
Joo Chiat - WP menang
Potong Pasir - PAP menang
The rest - PAP menang

Margin of victory PAP as a whole : 57.9 %

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Menang? You must be drunk! Minum too much Chivas atau Heneinken with GMS. Sudah mabuk! :eek: :oIo:

She also added that Joo Chiat would be won by WP, provided those idiots don't take a detour to the pubs and drink heineken atau chivas whilst campaigning !!:oIo::eek::biggrin:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree.

I spoke to the alien again last night.

She said :

Aljunied GRC - WP menang
Tampines GRC - NSP menang
Hougang - WP menang
Joo Chiat - WP menang
Potong Pasir - PAP menang
The rest - PAP menang

Margin of victory PAP as a whole : 57.9 %

Chao Whore-visiting Chink

Stop quoting figures from the prostitutes you meet
:oIo::oIo:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This forum should be the first to start a William Hills betting house for coming GE.

My bet is Lina will lose.

Lina to win - win 9
Sitoh or PAP chap to win - win 9.5

Chan Choo Sen , MP Joo Chiat to FO: win 2
Ong Ah Heng to FO: win 2
Ang Mong Seng to FO: win 2
MM to FO: win 5
GMS victory: lose 1

Last edited: