• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can Lina Chiam win Potong Pasir ?

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Chiam ST retained Potong Pasir seat with 55.82% of the valid votes and 8,245 voters supported SDA in 2006.

More younger people is eligible to vote in Potong Pasir in this GE and again Sennett Estate will be the deciding factors as to who will win this seat.

Can Lina Chiam still keep Potong Pasir under SPP banner or PAP finally capture it from Opposition ?

How you guys think :confused:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lina lacks charisma, and I believe most people in Potong Pasir would want a change by now. The residents of Potong Pasir, together with fellow electorate in Hougang, have been carrying the Singapore Flag for too long. It's time fellow citizens from other constituencies shared this burden.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lina lacks charisma, and I believe most people in Potong Pasir would want a change by now. The residents of Potong Pasir, together with fellow electorate in Hougang, have been carrying the Singapore Flag for too long. It's time fellow citizens from other constituencies shared this burden.

I agree its about time for fellow citizens to share the fight.

PP can be divided into 3 areas, PP Housing Estate, Lor 8 Toa Payoh and of course Sennett Estate. Lor 8 Toa Payoh has been a solid bedrock for Chiam. However, many younger voters have moved in amid the promise of SERS from the PAP...

However, I think Mrs Chiam will win in PP, as long as Chiam campaigns visibly next to her. Problem is the poor chap might not be physically able to do that and fight his own battle in a GRC....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the case of PP it is no ordinary constituency where you look at the candidate and make a decision. The residents of PP have realised a long while ago that without the PAP their world would not cave in overnight despite what PAP claims. The dynamics is between the residents and the PAP rather than Lina. Lets not forget the sympathy votes that will go Lina's way. The old timers will also recall that Lina was with him from the very start and campaigned with him from the word go. Chiam miight have lost votes because of his party management and the failure to do succession planning but I am sure it is still be with SPP.

cannot oso muz can! ... :eek:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well only people living in PP will be able to tell.
If they are stupid enough to vote for papaya gahmen
after erection they will know the effect! more carpark warden going
around issue summon to residents and their frens who visits them!
Increased in conservation fees, etc, etc, more out sourcing etc...
ERP outside your home! Increase water & electrical bill, telco bill, HDB
carpark fee......more...more...

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
The feeling I'm getting is voters in PP feel they have been the sacrificial lambs for too long and just like how we hope wards will not stay with PAP forever, voters in PP (and HG) will not stay with the opposition forever, especially if it's as long enough for baby to grow into an adult old enough to have babies himself.

In addition, you have Chiam's stroke, his wife not as well liked, inability to renew, passing a seat down to a kin, the SPP vs SDA spat, failures to forge alliances with RP and then failure again with an RP breakaway etc. In conclusion, chances are slim, I'm afraid.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
However, I think Mrs Chiam will win in PP, as long as Chiam campaigns visibly next to her. Problem is the poor chap might not be physically able to do that and fight his own battle in a GRC....

Lina Chiam should be able to win, but just by a nose. In the event she loses, I am quietly confident she should be able to hit at least 47%. NCMP seat for her then.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
listening to LTK tonite, looks like he is attacking a grc too, maybe a moulmein-kallang grc?

will tony tan n guys give way to ltk?

as for potong pasir, i have voted for chiam a long time, so had my neighbors. and we at potong pasir read chinese shin min and wan bao, and with so much negative news from chiam and desmond, and Lina not so friendly,,,,,,, well, AT THE MOMENT, the chances for PAP look pretty good.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My PP friends who consistently voted for Chiam are not too enamoured with Lina. They think she is just cashing in on her husband's popularity of course with her husband's blessing. She doesn't come across as sincere, competent and warm. Old birds there can tell the subtle differences. Her smiles are plastic politician's smiles, lacking in sincerity. She just wants to make sure PP's legacy stays with her husband exclusively!:biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10/10 friends and their family who are PP residents told me they will vote for Lina Chiam. All staying in PP or TPY lor 8.
I think Lina will win by slight majority.
Let us all wait and see

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
We will have to see. But I would be somewhat surprised if she fails to clinch a victory. My own sense is that there is a quiet pride by a segment of residents in PP that theirs is but 1 of 2 opposition wards. Of course I could be reading this wrongly.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...today, sin ming reported SKT not happy with CST for not fighting for him to prevent Hong Kah North from potential 3 corner fight.
there is still simmering unhappiness betw the 2.....time bomb ticking.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha...today, sin ming reported SKT not happy with CST for not fighting for him to prevent Hong Kah North from potential 3 corner fight.
there is still simmering unhappiness betw the 2.....time bomb ticking.

Since when got Sio Kun Tong (SKT) fight with CST? Hahahaaaa.......

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha...GD, that night i went to Golden Dragon Hotel to look for you.
they said you not around....
btw many pple asking for the gangster thread.

Oh I see. So you were the one looking for me. That time you look for me, I was involved in settlement talk lah - SKT vs CST.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think she is too emotional.
From the letter she posted in ST regarding Dr. Chee and Desmond.
she can't think of the bigger picture.

I don't think she can help much....
Living behind hubby pants wont get her votes.

:o :( :o

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Opposition cannot win at least a GRC this time, then I would rather they lost PP and HG. This would wake Singaporeans up. A good dose of GST hike; FT influx etc.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lina Chiam should be able to win, but just by a nose. In the event she loses, I am quietly confident she should be able to hit at least 47%. NCMP seat for her then.

I live in B-TP GRC, just next door to PP and visit PP often. There's no way Lina can win, not even CST himself, not even if PAP send a total new stranger candidate. The groundswell is now vote PAP and forget the rest.