• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah - The Address

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just some comments for the folks here.

I just received my letter to collect my house keys at Ave 7, next to Ave 8. Thus I went down on Sun to pay all the deposits, etc before house inspection and keys collection next week.

The Setia team was kind of unsure how to answer my many questions but were totally professional and polite. I was impressed that at least they had a team who can manage customers despite not having all the answers.

I then went to the security to ask to be admitted to Ave 7 to view my unit.

When i reached the guard house, the guards claim that they do not have my car number so they cannot let me in. Despite all reassurances, etc they refused to let me in and instead keep checking back with the security at Setia for clearance. Finally after abt 10 mins of walkie talkie communication, they got the right person and the clearance. They took down my particulars and let me in.

When I was at my unit, another security guard on a motorcycle drove by and stopped. He left after checking my Setia letter that I am the owner.

All in all, i hope the security maintains its standards and keep the access tight. A few homes were already renovated with their families all moved in.

Just a simple update.

Cheers

Hi MarinaBlue,

Congrats! i believe u are also a coral owner.... glad to hear that the security level is tight ...really hope they keep it this way....security is top of my list....

you mean some coral owners already renovated and shifted in? no kidding??? thats damn fast!

IndahBoy

i got one question,anyone have the contact no for ordering the gas?often i heard the lorry pass by and horn ard my plc,when i come down he is gone.i think better if anyone got contact no to share.ard bukit indah as i am staying there 17/7

You can call 012-757 9348 or 016-773 7689 or 07-234 7689, from this gas supplier shopname Teong Ghee. They are in Taman Nusa Indah, but will deliver into Bukit Indah

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry for the confusion. For Coral, Setia is just releasing keys after receiving CCC on 20 Sep. But the Jade development received their keys in May. The earlier folks only just moved in. As you know, Ave 7 has many developments eg Jade, Coral, Arte, Cadenzza, etc.

Looks like the average time from keys to finish reno and moving in is abt 3-4 mths.

Hi MarinaBlue,

Congrats! i believe u are also a coral owner.... glad to hear that the security level is tight ...really hope they keep it this way....security is top of my list....

you mean some coral owners already renovated and shifted in? no kidding??? thats damn fast!

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry for the confusion. For Coral, Setia is just releasing keys after receiving CCC on 20 Sep. But the Jade development received their keys in May. The earlier folks only just moved in. As you know, Ave 7 has many developments eg Jade, Coral, Arte, Cadenzza, etc.

Looks like the average time from keys to finish reno and moving in is abt 3-4 mths.

I'm collecting my keys next Saturday... How abt u?

May I know what's ur plans? Reno immediately and shift in, rent out, or leave it empty?

Kuroko

Alfrescian
Loyal
woow...

u managed to arrange the appointment on next sat.. i made the call yesterday but I couldnt get any time slot as all slot are fully booked on this and coming next weekend.

mind to share your idea when get collected the key?

Kuroko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

I will be getting my key on this month. Hence, i am still hunting the contractor for renovation. Just wondering, is anyone can recommend the responsible and reliable contractor to me? :rolleyes:

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm collecting my keys next Saturday... How abt u?

May I know what's ur plans? Reno immediately and shift in, rent out, or leave it empty?

Collecting keys this Sun. :smile:

Probably will start reno asap as i want to use the house for staying during the yr end sch holidays. I would likely just do minimal reno in order to be able to stay during end nov.

More time consuming work can be done later.

U r also a Coral owner? Thks for updating name of taman. I nvr asked setia. Haha.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
woow...

u managed to arrange the appointment on next sat.. i made the call yesterday but I couldnt get any time slot as all slot are fully booked on this and coming next weekend.

mind to share your idea when get collected the key?

Sure... Will update here with the whole key collection process... But I heard it's quite straightforward.. Pay money, take key, see house with the site supervisor and it's done... After that u can take ur own time to check in details...

Probably I will share if there's alot or defects

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Collecting keys this Sun. :smile:

Probably will start reno asap as i want to use the house for staying during the yr end sch holidays. I would likely just do minimal reno in order to be able to stay during end nov.

More time consuming work can be done later.

U r also a Coral owner? Thks for updating name of taman. I nvr asked setia. Haha.

Yeah, I'm a coral owner.... Don't really like the sound of zone 7... Sound very industrial... Don't have the home sweet home cozy feel... Heee

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went into JB on Saturday and was quite a fruitful trip I must say. Whilst driving around the Zone 7 compound to check out other people's renovation and how they extend their balcony/living room/bedroom to get tips to do mine when its ready, I managed to chat up a Singaporean couple who owns a unit in The Jade who has just completed renovation of their home. They were so friendly that I even got a tour of their house and namecards of their contractors. Its such a nice feeling to know that there are friendly Singaporean neighbours in my zone.

There were quite a fair number of units who have either extended their balcony or completely converted the space into part of their bedroom space. There was even one corner unit that built an extra room using the balcony space for a walk-in wardrobe. Now my wish list has grown to include extended balcony or bigger bedroom, maybe even a rooftop garden, provided the foundation is suitable for one more layer and the costs permit.

I also went to check out d'Verde and d'Jardine's 'show' unit. Very spacious and good quality tiles and finishing though I personally prefer d'Verde for its courtyard, layout and the full glass window at the family area on the second floor. Drove and park my car at the open space where there were people flying kites and family having picnic (in front of d'Verde/d'Jardine 'show' units). Whole feeling is very peaceful and calming. Upon checking the BI masterplan, noticed that this plot of land won't be developed, so its nice.

Attachments

• IMG1.jpg
    IMG1.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG273.jpg
    IMG273.jpg
    941.8 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG274.jpg
    IMG274.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 228
  • IMG277.jpg
    IMG277.jpg
    952.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG278.jpg
    IMG278.jpg
    976.1 KB · Views: 256

Kuroko

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for your reply.. This is my first time joining the 'social' forum as i always join the forum for my work purpose..haha.. :o

icic.. :biggrin: Wen the time i call to their customer service, they also informed me to paid the $$ and mk the deposit b4 renovation job.

u ald get ur key? Do u plan to do the simple renovation?

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Tonto,

Great to see your pics! I was there too yesterday to collect my keys to my Coral unit. Finally!

Process was simple and fast. Nice binder with all keys separated and marked. Includes 2 RFID sensor cards for entry. But the entrance sensors still not in operation. They now include a thumb drive with some basic info like paint colour code n stuff.

Went in for preliminary inspection with Setia contractor. Just check the manhole that all the water drains clearly and cleanly into the manhole at the wet kitchen and out of the unit. Got 14 days to give a defects list to Setia for first round rectification. Looks pretty ok...nothing very major but I really dont hv high expectations on workmanship,etc. As long as the major stuff are fine, I am ok.

Power is still not in. TNB will come n install meters sometime these few months. Yes, months. Setia cannot advise when TNB will install once they submit the application. Typically they told me is 1.5-2 mths. So i am keeping fingers crossed that power comes quick. No power, means no testing of electrical plugs, etc. NO reno too...

But water meter was installed already. But still no water. Strange. Wonder what else is needed to turn on water.

They even cut the grass which is nice as it has been growing quite unkempt over the last few mths pending CCC approval.

Then I took a walk around and enjoyed the play ground that Tonto posted. Nice and all growing well. Some trees even flowered. Nice.

Anyway, now comes the busy period getting the house into a home. Yay! :smile:

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went into JB on Saturday and was quite a fruitful trip I must say. Whilst driving around the Zone 7 compound to check out other people's renovation and how they extend their balcony/living room/bedroom to get tips to do mine when its ready, I managed to chat up a Singaporean couple who owns a unit in The Jade who has just completed renovation of their home. They were so friendly that I even got a tour of their house and namecards of their contractors. Its such a nice feeling to know that there are friendly Singaporean neighbours in my zone.

There were quite a fair number of units who have either extended their balcony or completely converted the space into part of their bedroom space. There was even one corner unit that built an extra room using the balcony space for a walk-in wardrobe. Now my wish list has grown to include extended balcony or bigger bedroom, maybe even a rooftop garden, provided the foundation is suitable for one more layer and the costs permit.

I also went to check out d'Verde and d'Jardine's 'show' unit. Very spacious and good quality tiles and finishing though I personally prefer d'Verde for its courtyard, layout and the full glass window at the family area on the second floor. Drove and park my car at the open space where there were people flying kites and family having picnic (in front of d'Verde/d'Jardine 'show' units). Whole feeling is very peaceful and calming. Upon checking the BI masterplan, noticed that this plot of land won't be developed, so its nice.

wow! thats some extensive work.... must be very cash rich to do cement work like those... however house with different looks and color theme kinda spoil the entire look of the taman eh?

thanks for the share~

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow! thats some extensive work.... must be very cash rich to do cement work like those... however house with different looks and color theme kinda spoil the entire look of the taman eh?

QUOTE]

I guess it depends on which side of the fence one is on. I had the same thoughts initially when I saw some 8th avenue houses looking so different from their original facade. For those who can get peeved about neighbour's changes to their house facade affecting the whole look of the taman, then its better to get strata titled or Deed of Mutual Consent (think I read this somewhere in NI thread) not to change colour scheme or facade.

Upon learning that my development is not strata titled, I resigned myself to it and looked at it from a freedom of expression perspective. I traded conformity for freedom, think thats not a bad deal. Maybe its age. I am more open to differences and can respect others' choices better, even though it might not reflect my own taste and preferences. So when my friend commented that one house in The Jade painted their main gate purple (and there was a purple house in an older taman near the BI water tanks), I just shrugged and thought its their house and as long as they like it, thats good enough. Coming from living in a HDB where alot of things cannot be changed, having the freedom to do what one likes to one's home feels quite refreshing at times.