• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah - The Address

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i just hope things will fall into place.... but our garmen are very sour grape one..... if they see us enjoying having a better option in jb, they will come out with funny policies to tarnish our dreams.... so i still dare not tink of my plans to semi-retirement[/QUOTE]

i am very agreed with u on this ! actually i hope less sinkies buying in jb la , stop those investors ! they can continue to invest in sg but leave jb alone .... 3
if they buy for own stay due to high standard living in sg , i very much welcome them ...

Last edited:

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ohh...that means we can't tile up the drive way. Think if we install autogate, we def hv to patch the driveway. But that may mean voiding the warranty. Do u mind pm me the termite contractor contact so I can clarify with him what is covered n what will void.

Not sure what u mean by row but I am third row from front main road. Is that the same row as u?

Saw a few big renovations at our taman for the Jade. All extending their bedrooms and halls forward.

they share with us the procedures of applying for power, water.
also tell us the termite warranty is 36mths provided u dont do tiles to ur car porch... (duh~~) if wanna do tiles, need to consult the termite company...
for major reno (with cement work), need to pay 1000rm deposit... if ur contractor dont clear the debris, the deposit will be forfieted...

im on the 3rd row, you leh?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great age.. 5 more years to go!

Have a good backup plan allow us to live in Singapore with less fear.. put us on the same level as other foreigners working in Singapore..
We will be holding hand in hand like all other foreigners... work in Singapore and retire elsewhere..

Hi tutucake,

Actually alot of things are fluid. Maybe someday you may decide to sell and upgrade to an environment that is most ideal to you :smile: I always believe that if you want something bad enough, it will always find a way to you. Recently I have an epiphany of sorts. I was actually quite excited about my plan to retire in 5 years' time but a few events need to happen during these next five years for that to materialise. Whilst I cannot control the occurrence of those events (one of them is strike TOTO/lottery ha ha ha), this lack of control made me feel incapacitated and dread each passing day that is not a retirement day. Somehow I pegged my happiness to retirement. But I forgot that the journey to retirement, whether to be happy or otherwise, is still my choice. So I chose to be happy each day since 5 years won't happen overnight.

And speaking of retirement, its nice to retire in JB until about 75-80 yo. Beyond that age, I might just check myself into a JB old folks home or move back to Singapore when I cannot be mobile and need medical care and assistance.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ohh...that means we can't tile up the drive way. Think if we install autogate, we def hv to patch the driveway. But that may mean voiding the warranty. Do u mind pm me the termite contractor contact so I can clarify with him what is covered n what will void.

Not sure what u mean by row but I am third row from front main road. Is that the same row as you

Saw a few big renovations at our taman for the Jade. All extending their bedrooms and halls forward.

i do not have the contacts to the termite contractor, but upon key collection, we should receive a 5 years warranty certificate against termites. You can enquire them from thereafter...

Hey, im also 3rd row from the main row.... care to PM me your lot number? maybe we are neighbours!

extension is quite expensive.... i have intenton to extend my living room.... but bedroom extension will be way out of my budget liao...

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't wait until 75 years old and check in old folks home..

Go there..and live in harmony with nature

http://www.ericvalli.com/index.php?/stories/high-himalaya/

Hi tutucake,

Actually alot of things are fluid. Maybe someday you may decide to sell and upgrade to an environment that is most ideal to you :smile: I always believe that if you want something bad enough, it will always find a way to you. Recently I have an epiphany of sorts. I was actually quite excited about my plan to retire in 5 years' time but a few events need to happen during these next five years for that to materialise. Whilst I cannot control the occurrence of those events (one of them is strike TOTO/lottery ha ha ha), this lack of control made me feel incapacitated and dread each passing day that is not a retirement day. Somehow I pegged my happiness to retirement. But I forgot that the journey to retirement, whether to be happy or otherwise, is still my choice. So I chose to be happy each day since 5 years won't happen overnight.

And speaking of retirement, its nice to retire in JB until about 75-80 yo. Beyond that age, I might just check myself into a JB old folks home or move back to Singapore when I cannot be mobile and need medical care and assistance.

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just back from a short trip to BI to apply TNB power for my unit.

Realised that there is no number 13 in the taman. The units skip number 13. Hv u guys seen similar case in yr tamans/developments?

But there is number 14. Hahahaha. Go figure.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
NI has 14 and 13 , never skip numbers ... even have someone bought 44 ....
today my danish colleagues just shared with me during lunch time that they avoid to do things on mon and date 13 as considered unlucky ....

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Juz recd a text fm my frd.

Khazanah buying over Bt Indah. Handover 3 yrs time.:cool:

Should be good news for BI residents/investors. Yes, No??:biggrin::(

Hmmm....so many happening over at the main thread. Now must go some house visits. Later then go tat thread and TCSS....

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hmmm....so many happening over at the main thread. Now must go some house visits. Later then go tat thread and TCSS....

Is there a news link for this? Am puzzled why Khazanah would want to buy into a development. Its not their core business, and they are already invested in so many property development companies through the various group holdings etc. Dont understand and doesnt make sense.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

means what? BI will not be managed by Sp Setia anymore in the future? hmmm.... but dont tink will affect the current residents much as they seldom need to deal with the developer unless they are still in the defects rectifying stage.. no?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MingChye & tutucake

No link. Juz happened to recd the text fm my learned frd whom I had recommended her to buy fm BI 3yrs back.

Frankly i juz a layman. Technically i juz wonder whether such move would affect the overall valuations tere. But if kazanah were to make such a move, tat means BI got leow rite? Got substance...

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
MingChye & tutucake

No link. Juz happened to recd the text fm my learned frd whom I had recommended her to buy fm BI 3yrs back.

Frankly i juz a layman. Technically i juz wonder whether such move would affect the overall valuations tere. But if kazanah were to make such a move, tat means BI got leow rite? Got substance...

Pardon my ignore but is Khazanah the equivalent of Temasek Holdings in Malaysia?
If Khazanah is buying over BI and handover is in three years, it could only mean they are interested in acquiring a developed town coz in three years' time whatever empty land there is left now would be built up. So they may not be interested in building a township but in leveraging on a developed township and having control over its infrastructure. It is likely they may want to control over the entire town because whatever project they have in mind for this town is too big for a developer like Setia to handle or manage.

Maybe a MRT? If it is then its super sweet. BI is not big, so limited land means there are only a couple of spots for them to house the station. If I were building the MRT, I would do it at the BI roundabout. Keep it underground and retain the park above. The shops which are currently closed (except for the club and eminent) will thrive. Plus there is going to be a hotel there, so it makes logical sense. Those going to Legoland can stay overnight at the hotel, and shop within the vicinity. And not far from BI is Bestari and Sutera to provide other shopping and eating options. Well this is my wish list. If you wish hard enough, you might just get it :smile: Selamat Hari Raya to all.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah Khazanah is equivalent to Temasek and GIC. Khazanah is major shareholder of Iskandar Invst Bhd and UEMland. Thats why i dont think its possible for Khazanah to buy BI and manage it cos its not their core business. Makes more sense to buy into SP setia or setup a company to buy. Again doesnt make sense cos they are already involved in so many Nusajaya projects thru IIB and UEM land.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro and sis.... can i join in the Bukit Indah big family? Last wkend, we juz booked an intermediate three storey link house at 680k. Anyone bought the same? Actually we want a double storey terrace but was told they wont build anymore. We can still wait for the bumi lots to release for Bellezza and Cadenza but they will sell us in mkt price instead of selling price. We are actually noobs hence quite worry we made a wrong choice. Some pple keep asking us to buy setia tropika instead cos the mrt will reach kempas in future. But sp setia guy told us not to worry cos there will oso hv mrt in BI. Izzit true? Both me n my hubby a bit confused now... any recommendation? Btw, we buy as a investment n mayb as a retirement home

may i know what is the land size and built up for the 3 storey terrace at BI? is rm680k net price after all discount or before discount?

any interest free during construction, free legal fee/MOT etc?

Jevil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cascadia,

If I m not wrong.... it is 20 x 70 for land size and 2288 sq ft for built up. RM680K is net price. Int free til the house is complete. Legal fee/MOT I m not very sure... they said the package not out yet... all these info are indicative only. They may oso increase the price when launch :(

may i know what is the land size and built up for the 3 storey terrace at BI? is rm680k net price after all discount or before discount?

any interest free during construction, free legal fee/MOT etc?

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cascadia,

If I m not wrong.... it is 20 x 70 for land size and 2288 sq ft for built up. RM680K is net price. Int free til the house is complete. Legal fee/MOT I m not very sure... they said the package not out yet... all these info are indicative only. They may oso increase the price when launch :(

hmm...2288sq ft sounds a little small for a 3 storey house though...

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its actually 2.5 storey but it should not cost much to increase the build up to easily 2500 or more sqft.

There is some left over space on second floor and a good half of the 3 storey left over.

Nice layout, but all the corner lots are already booked for Phase 1, 2 AND 3. Seems that the demand for corner lots must be great or . . .

Cheers

hmm...2288sq ft sounds a little small for a 3 storey house though...