• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah - The Address

ichin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most, if not all the local terrace has very small car porch (maybe becoz local developer thinks Coe very ex, therefore one family only one car... Heehee) even local semi-ds can barely squeeze in 2 cars.... While jb cluster houses can easily park 4 cars..

Depend what each preference lah. I share the same thought with Tonto, convenience is my top priority. I need to be able to travel on my own since I don't drive (CW3 & CW6 just beside my house). Walking distance to eatery aread (shop lost just beside my house), so we bought this house without any hasitation. I know we can get taxi or dail a call for delivery at anytime but for long run, this will add on to my retirement cost.

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya...i only found out when i opened my mailbox yesterday! Duh!

Hahaha, any thing impt to share? Esp abt renovations?

Havent decided what to do yet with the home. I would probably finish the reno and see how it goes. I am excited more abt the renovations!

After that, then decide how things work out. Maybe rent out if a good offer comes.

What abt u? What row is yrs?

Yes, the VP briefing was on sunday 2 days ago.....
care to share which row u r in?

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pardon me ok... For the price u paid for candEnza, u could have gotten a 22x70 at NI. Location wise almost the same, NI has nice environment, if not nicer (cos got lake). And definitely a trusted developer as well.

Though I bought BI (i didn't noe abt NI when I bought BI) but I personally envy those who bought NI cos for me 22x70 is the perfect size..

I actually went to check on HH and then to NI before I decided to buy Cadenza. NI fulfilled most of my preferences except for location (I actually thought it was very far inland as I did a roundabout from HH and its only much later that I realised that its just next to 7-up), feel good factor (this I think is very personal; what feels good to me may not be for others) and convenience.

Last edited:

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
tutucake

aiyo , i think opp leh , if i know abt the address developement , i would have bought there instead since NI surau is a bother to me ....
do u know the lake will have all access to all NI residents ? i thought only for P8 residents lor .
so now i pity those who chosen near the lake , i am sure they wont have peaceful life .....
but on another part , so far NI P8 neighbours are quite friendly in the FB page , so not so bad ...

Hi sisyer crystal,

like what sis ichin mentioned, it's really personal likings loh....
im thinking towards the direction of retirement...nice environment up in the hills, fresh air, birds chirp..keke...got lake somemore (i think thats quite exclusive for tht price tag)... the lake+fountain is a nice thing to look at....drive pass also feels shoik...

trust me, the lake will not be crowded with ppl after a while....it will be like those ppl living at orchard rd who dont like to go shopping in orchard rd...

the possibility of having a surau at NI remains the only consolation i gave myself for not buying NI...:(

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depend what each preference lah. I share the same thought with Tonto, convenience is my top priority. I need to be able to travel on my own since I don't drive (CW3 & CW6 just beside my house). Walking distance to eatery aread (shop lost just beside my house), so we bought this house without any hasitation. I know we can get taxi or dail a call for delivery at anytime but for long run, this will add on to my retirement cost.

true also, but only 8th ave get the convenience leh.... from my precinct, i think by the time i walk home after dinner i digest liao... lol

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya...i only found out when i opened my mailbox yesterday! Duh!

Hahaha, any thing impt to share? Esp abt renovations?

Havent decided what to do yet with the home. I would probably finish the reno and see how it goes. I am excited more abt the renovations!

After that, then decide how things work out. Maybe rent out if a good offer comes.

What abt u? What row is yrs?

they share with us the procedures of applying for power, water.
also tell us the termite warranty is 36mths provided u dont do tiles to ur car porch... (duh~~) if wanna do tiles, need to consult the termite company...
for major reno (with cement work), need to pay 1000rm deposit... if ur contractor dont clear the debris, the deposit will be forfieted...

im on the 3rd row, you leh?

ichin

Alfrescian
Loyal
true also, but only 8th ave get the convenience leh.... from my precinct, i think by the time i walk home after dinner i digest liao... lol

I noticed no people cycle bicycle here hoh, why hah? It is a good and cheap transport ley.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi sisyer crystal,

like what sis ichin mentioned, it's really personal likings loh....
im thinking towards the direction of retirement...nice environment up in the hills, fresh air, birds chirp..keke...got lake somemore (i think thats quite exclusive for tht price tag)... the lake+fountain is a nice thing to look at....drive pass also feels shoik...

trust me, the lake will not be crowded with ppl after a while....it will be like those ppl living at orchard rd who dont like to go shopping in orchard rd...

the possibility of having a surau at NI remains the only consolation i gave myself for not buying NI...:(

Hi tutucake,

Actually alot of things are fluid. Maybe someday you may decide to sell and upgrade to an environment that is most ideal to you :smile: I always believe that if you want something bad enough, it will always find a way to you. Recently I have an epiphany of sorts. I was actually quite excited about my plan to retire in 5 years' time but a few events need to happen during these next five years for that to materialise. Whilst I cannot control the occurrence of those events (one of them is strike TOTO/lottery ha ha ha), this lack of control made me feel incapacitated and dread each passing day that is not a retirement day. Somehow I pegged my happiness to retirement. But I forgot that the journey to retirement, whether to be happy or otherwise, is still my choice. So I chose to be happy each day since 5 years won't happen overnight.

And speaking of retirement, its nice to retire in JB until about 75-80 yo. Beyond that age, I might just check myself into a JB old folks home or move back to Singapore when I cannot be mobile and need medical care and assistance.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
malaysia petrol cheap? keke

hmm...maybe abit dangerous bah...

Actually I was wondering about the same thing coz our location is within easy cycling distance to Aeon, Jusco, Giant, Tesco. Danger of theft or being mugged along road?

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi tutucake,

Actually alot of things are fluid. Maybe someday you may decide to sell and upgrade to an environment that is most ideal to you :smile: I always believe that if you want something bad enough, it will always find a way to you. Recently I have an epiphany of sorts. I was actually quite excited about my plan to retire in 5 years' time but a few events need to happen during these next five years for that to materialise. Whilst I cannot control the occurrence of those events (one of them is strike TOTO/lottery ha ha ha), this lack of control made me feel incapacitated and dread each passing day that is not a retirement day. Somehow I pegged my happiness to retirement. But I forgot that the journey to retirement, whether to be happy or otherwise, is still my choice. So I chose to be happy each day since 5 years won't happen overnight.

And speaking of retirement, its nice to retire in JB until about 75-80 yo. Beyond that age, I might just check myself into a JB old folks home or move back to Singapore when I cannot be mobile and need medical care and assistance.

retirement in 5years... woah.... do you mind sharing ur age?
I also want to semi retire in 10years time.... life in sg is too stressful trapped in the rat race...

i understand from the other thread he medical facilties in the jb private hosp are quite good (and affordable). dont need to go back sg for medical care... else ur retirement funds will be drained in no time...

ichin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I was wondering about the same thing coz our location is within easy cycling distance to Aeon, Jusco, Giant, Tesco. Danger of theft or being mugged along road?

Oh no:eek: Tonto, why our thinking are the same! I share the same thinking too #249. You might be my lost twin:biggrin:.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
retirement in 5years... woah.... do you mind sharing ur age?
I also want to semi retire in 10years time.... life in sg is too stressful trapped in the rat race...

i understand from the other thread he medical facilties in the jb private hosp are quite good (and affordable). dont need to go back sg for medical care... else ur retirement funds will be drained in no time...

I am in my 40s, no specifics as age is secret to woman :wink: It is not hard to imagine wanting to retire even if one is in their 30s. The pace in Singapore is faster now (recently went to HK for vacation and I did not feel their pace was any faster than ours compared to 10-15 years ago). But retirement is not an end in itself. Need to plan so that can be gainfully occupied to avoid going senile too soon :biggrin:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am in my 40s, no specifics as age is secret to woman :wink: It is not hard to imagine wanting to retire even if one is in their 30s. The pace in Singapore is faster now (recently went to HK for vacation and I did not feel their pace was any faster than ours compared to 10-15 years ago). But retirement is not an end in itself. Need to plan so that can be gainfully occupied to avoid going senile too soon :biggrin:

wow , didnt know u r in clubs 40s liao , yr taste stills looks young , just like the chair u bought recently!!

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

i'm in my early 30s, thinking of semi retirement (maybe become custom officer...lol)... not becoz i'm lazy, but becoz I believe life is more than just a rat race....

slogging our lifes away just to manage to pay loans and bills is not how God wanted his children to live....

i just hope things will fall into place.... but our garmen are very sour grape one..... if they see us enjoying having a better option in jb, they will come out with funny policies to tarnish our dreams.... so i still dare not tink of my plans to semi-retirement

Last edited:

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm in my early 30s, thinking of semi retirement (maybe become custom officer...lol)... not becoz i'm lazy, but becoz I believe life is more than just a rat race....

slogging our lifes away just to manage to pay loans and bills is not how God wanted his children to live....

i just hope things will fall into place.... but our garmen are very sour grape one..... if they see us enjoying having a better option in jb, they will come out with funny policies to tarnish our dreams.... so i still dare not tink of my plans to semi-retirement

A friend recently told me that we cannot plan very far ahead nowadays on our lives in Singapore because our country's policies kept changing. She told me what we can do now is save more, invest well and find a lower cost place to retire. I have faith that your plan will fall into place :wink:

Last edited:

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
A friend recently told me that we cannot plan very far ahead nowadays on our lives in Singapore because our country's policies kept changing. She told me what we can do now is save more, invest well and find a lower cost place to retire. I have faith that your plan will fall into place :wink:

Thanks for the encouragement Tonto.... having a backup plan is better than not having one =)
if all else fails, the most sell away and take back money.... thats why it's impt to buy within our means....