• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah - The Address

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sky Executive sold above 500K, Semi-D sold at 1.65M. Who are the buyers? Locals? Local are not that foolish to pay such high price for that type of property. Maybe those local SPR or millionaire will but definitely not the average or above average locals. My second question would be will the johor land authority value those properties sold on par at that price or lower?

Where got people buy house using cash. That's why the developers such as SP Setia, IJM Land are happy seeing you guys coming. Chop chop carrot chop.

I have no agenda. I'm just telling the truth, nothing but the truth which is very hard for you to swallow.

Looks like I am the "robert carrot chop chop" u talking abt. I bought sky executive suites at 500psf. Sky loft 700 psf, and sky tree launching from 900 psf...... Just hoot a few units since cant find any cheap units now. Cost less than a HDB, why not buy one for own stay instead of new launches at 800++ psf

hemohemo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sky Executive sold above 500K, Semi-D sold at 1.65M. Who are the buyers? Locals? Local are not that foolish to pay such high price for that type of property. Maybe those local SPR or millionaire will but definitely not the average or above average locals. My second question would be will the johor land authority value those properties sold on par at that price or lower?

Where got people buy house using cash. That's why the developers such as SP Setia, IJM Land are happy seeing you guys coming. Chop chop carrot chop.

I have no agenda. I'm just telling the truth, nothing but the truth which is very hard for you to swallow.

lonelysin, I don't understand why you downplay locals' appetite in purchasing high value properties? By 'locals', lets not limit ourselves to only people in Johor. There are people from other states/cities with deep pockets. Are they not welcome in Johor?

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are right about one thing. Most buyers in Nusajaya are not locals, locals prefer JB , Zone A. Singaporeans prefer Zone B for the better living environment, proxinity to SG. SPR's too for same reason as they commute. Nothing wrong with that. It doenst make Zone A better than B, its just that there are different preferences for different reasons. Zone B will probably always depend more on foreign buyers, and that may not be a problem as we have a population explosion pushing more and more Singapoeans to Zone B.
As for people buying houses with cash, maybe you're not used to it but it isnt unusual. Especially with Malaysi'a high interest rates, most of my friends who bought apid in FULL. Even I have never taken more than 50% financing. Most SPRs and Singaporeans have high cash amounts relative to the prices, so if they need to pay above valuation , that's not a problem. Even in Singapore are you aware that most landed buyers liek em, were paying down at eaest 40% even before MAS financing changes requried us to do so? Reason is you end up paying a lot of interest if you borrow 80% for a 3M house.
HDB in Singapore includes valuation + cash when sold, why is there COV? Because the valuation price doesnt reflect market price which is determined by Demand and Supply. Its the same here . The govt needs to keep valuations down for political reasons, but Demand and Supply determine prices. You sound totally clueless, no experience. Why not start reading and learning nstead of being trigger happy to keep posting unsubstantiated views?

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like I am the "robert carrot chop chop" u talking abt. I bought sky executive suites at 500psf. Sky loft 700 psf, and sky tree launching from 900 psf...... Just hoot a few units since cant find any cheap units now. Cost less than a HDB, why not buy one for own stay instead of new launches at 800++ psf

When Sky Executive suites was launched , people said must be crazy to pay 2XXK for 2 bedroom condo in MY when can buy landed, now even 500K cant buy and people say wow those initial buyers are very smart. Its the same with Sky Loft, when launched last year I thought price was too high, now that I know Sky Trees is coming....higher price, I dont think so anymore. Hindsight is 20/20. Btw, I wanted to queue for Sky Breeze but SP Setia is no longer taking cheques, not even from Malaysians. Its my fault, in Nov they called and asked me if I am interested and I said 'not at this price'. Now 'this price' is looking attractive.....

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Sky Executive suites was launched , people said must be crazy to pay 2XXK for 2 bedroom condo in MY when can buy landed, now even 500K cant buy and people say wow those initial buyers are very smart. Its the same with Sky Loft, when launched last year I thought price was too high, now that I know Sky Trees is coming....higher price, I dont think so anymore. Hindsight is 20/20. Btw, I wanted to queue for Sky Breeze but SP Setia is no longer taking cheques, not even from Malaysians. Its my fault, in Nov they called and asked me if I am interested and I said 'not at this price'. Now 'this price' is looking attractive.....

if market had crash now, all those earlier buyer will be called stupid and reckless. Just buy any unit you like, as long as u can hold, property long term is up, due to inflation and u cant replace hard asset...... there is a certain limit on how much land u can reclaim. There is only so much land and population keep on growing.....

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
if market had crash now, all those earlier buyer will be called stupid and reckless. Just buy any unit you like, as long as u can hold, property long term is up, due to inflation and u cant replace hard asset...... there is a certain limit on how much land u can reclaim. There is only so much land and population keep on growing.....

not 100% true. you can lose money in property, less so in singapore, more so in malaysia. for example, developer run road, development become ghost town (there are quite a number in m'sia, trust me on this), government screw up their planning (for eg: build a big open longkang next to your house), and etc. one can mitigate this risk by sticking to trusted developer with excellent track record in delivering master town plans. UEM sunrise, setia, sime darby etc, sunway etc.

Last edited:

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chocolate n others, juz share your view, no wrong no right,what you think of the current market for ppty Bk home at SG? Does resale HDB reaches it's peak?I'm seeing more SMS frm agents on 10k cov, 5k cov etc, there's also 5000units TOP next year, I kn some owner gotto dispose HDB 6 mths aft key collection.Landsales price are still strong, private easily 1k above, thus is it a gd time to pick up resale at said $800psf n below( some older project still can get $700+ psf)?or should we hold, cause is a bull end now at SG?wats your thought?

Last edited:

Ripsta09

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys, am planning to purchase a condo for own stay. Was thinking of getting sky executive suites 3 bedroom unit. Not sure if best to wait till sky loft is complete since its tentative completion is on July 2014 for price comparison or purchase the sky executive without waiting since am able to afford the price. What r your thoughts? Both location are ideal since near to alot of shops and amenities. Thanks!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys, am planning to purchase a condo for own stay. Was thinking of getting sky executive suites 3 bedroom unit. Not sure if best to wait till sky loft is complete since its tentative completion is on July 2014 for price comparison or purchase the sky executive without waiting since am able to afford the price. What r your thoughts? Both location are ideal since near to alot of shops and amenities. Thanks!

Price surge is usually strongest near VP. Buy way before that, or best during VVIP launch.

If you are still considering, buy before the RTS and HSR reports come out, which are expected to be around end of this year. The biggest price mover should be the RTS.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chocolate you are super bullish on bukit indah. More so than in other tamans?

No I am not super bullish on Bukit Indah. I have spread my bets. I have bought in both Zone A & B, and I am holding more properties in SG than in MY. If you ask me though, BI area including HH, and East Lednag area, including the newer developemnts like Sunway Iskandar( yet to be launched) will remain popular with Singaporeans and SPR. But with RTS, Zone A may gain mroe popularity with commuters.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Areas in red text (zone A vicinity) is hot in landed while areas in blue text (zone B) are the condos, with reference to the news below.

Housing segment propels Iskandar's property market

Jul 29, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.my

The residential market continues to fuel the growth of Iskandar's real estate sector, while the purpose-built office segments sustains its stable progress. However, the region's retail market remains challenging and competitive, according to Knight Frank.

Based on a report from the global property consultancy, there were many launches in Iskandar during the first half of the year, but they were mostly high-rise projects in Nusajaya, Danga Bay and Johor Bahru City.

They included Tiong Nam Properties Sdn Bhd's Pinetree Residences in Nusajaya and IOI Properties Bhd's The Capri Residences at Tropicana Danga Bay which saw strong demand during its recent launch.

As there are still many projects to be rolled out in 2H 2013, particularly high-rise and stratified developments, the residential market, especially its service apartments and high-rise condo segments is expected to become vibrant and exciting, noted Knight Frank.

Meanwhile, Johor Bahru's overall net lettable area (NLA) of purpose-built office space reached approximately 8.6 million sq ft in Q1 2013, while average occupancy rate stood at 74.7 percent.

Rents and occupancy rates in the purpose-built office market continued to increase thanks to limited existing supply, particularly of grade A buildings. Notably, new supply will only enter the market in the next two years or so.

On the other hand, the total NLA of Johor Bahru's retail space such as arcades, shopping centres and stand-alone hypermarkets hit 12.08 million sq ft in Q1, while average occupancy was at 73.7 percent.

But the occupancy rates of prime retail centres surpassed 80 percent, with gross monthly rents ranging from RM15 psf to RM40 psf.

However, the retail market is expected to become more challenging and competitive, as new malls are expected to be unveiled in the next two to three years. Nevertheless, existing grade A malls will not be seriously affected due to their good rental and occupancy rates.

Overall, Iskandar's property growth areas are Medini at Nusajaya, Danga Bay precinct, the area within Puteri Harbour, Mount Austin towards Ulu Tiram and the Tebrau Basin, which stretches from Taman Molek up to coastal areas Kota Putri and Permas Jaya, added the London-based property consultancy.

Farah Wahida, Editor of PropertyGuru, wrote this story. To contact her about this or other stories email [email protected]

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prop...ng-segment-propels-iskandar-s-property-market

Last edited: