• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah - The Address

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chocolate you power ah :biggrin:,please sure your view on SG ppty,I wish to learn from your foresight ah :wink:

No lah, just like everyone here I am learning. As for SG, I'd say now is not a good time. I feel we're overdue for a correction. Ultimatley its the price you buy which is determined by timing. I was fortunate to start in 2006 when prices just started moving, financing was easy and we could flip first few to increase our capital and reinvest. To some extent, what happened here has been replicated in Iskandar with prices moving fast. However, its always good to get in early so one has to be wary now as its no longer 'dawn' in Iskandar either.Taking a longer term view however, for those who havent invested anywhere, dont wait too long as time is money. My units that are leased get paid down pretty fast. I always calculate yield so if you're stuck at least you can get by if property can pay for itself.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chocolate,errrr...,now @ SG not a gd time to buy,but if u hvnt invested anywhere, dnt wait too long, as time is money,chiem......,now buy @ SG 5 yrs cannot sell cause ABSD,& rental facing difficulties w more private TOP on the pipeline, c NV etc alot unit waiting to b rent out,private land sale still strong, new one easily $1k n above, u tik those resale private ppty @$800-$900psf r gd buy?

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chocolate,errrr...,now @ SG not a gd time to buy,but if u hvnt invested anywhere, dnt wait too long, as time is money,chiem......,now buy @ SG 5 yrs cannot sell cause ABSD,& rental facing difficulties w more private TOP on the pipeline, c NV etc alot unit waiting to b rent out,private land sale still strong, new one easily $1k n above, u tik those resale private ppty @$800-$900psf r gd buy?

I wouldnt buy residential now, too many cooling measures. Even commercial and industrial, there is some risk as businesses are finding it hard to survive. But now and then a gem pops up. If you find a desperate seller you may be able to buy a unit 20% below value, with good rental yiled. That to me is above 6%. Industrial properties, its possible to find that kind of deal, but you have to be patient adn really knock the price down or walk away.In 2011 I was able to find 2 such deals , one with 7% yield and both went up significantly, I sold one to unlock the capital gains- I douled the money I put down as my 30% when I bought.Its harder to find nwo , also riskier with businesses hit by labour curbs.Just giving you an example. Timing is important.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Above 6% not easy to find,thks for your insight,btw the Chinese paper @ SG touch on both iskandar n SG ppty, seems like telling there's still gd find for ppty private 3rms below 1 mil as compare to new launch above 1 mil,gd read thou.agree now probably is not a gd timing ,bull end.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Above 6% not easy to find,thks for your insight,btw the Chinese paper @ SG touch on both iskandar n SG ppty, seems like telling there's still gd find for ppty private 3rms below 1 mil as compare to new launch above 1 mil,gd read thou.agree now probably is not a gd timing ,bull end.

There was an artcle in today's papers mentioning the rise in prices of iskandar properties and Bukit Indah was mentioned. Presumably the 950K price they mentioned for semi-ds, is referring to the non G & G. SP Setia houses ( semi-d) were sold at 1.22M up last year and now going at 1.6M up so they cant be referring to those.
Coming back to SG, I think ECs( resale) may still have some upside due to affordability, 3 bedroom under 1M may still be affordable. For own stay worth looking at, yield is also better for ECs fyi.Just my humble opinion.

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
its really 800-1000psf..... they have very small studio here, Sg standard mickey moust of 400++ sq feet.
I would rather buy another sky suites at current market asking price which is only 5 minutes away!

Ripsta09

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys, after much consideration I'm gonna opt for terrace units. Anyone staying at The Coral? Wish to find out more how the area is like. Read on other forums that when it rains heavily, there is an issue and theres some blockage on the drains that causes ponding. Not sure if everything has been resolved? Will recce the area this Thursday so those staying there can give some tips and advice (whether near shops or is it walking distance to Aeon mall?). Thanks in advance for sharing.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats what we though,t I'm the Some think "Some think security is better, like the facilities, view and perhaps malls just below the apartments"however for a MM at JB:confused:,for the price you pay probably can get a bigger land size landed from the resale market.For ppl like us whom gone for apartment,we are consider the "sieow lang" to some haha

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats what we though,t I'm the Some think "Some think security is better, like the facilities, view and perhaps malls just below the apartments"however for a MM at JB:confused:,for the price you pay probably can get a bigger land size landed from the resale market.For ppl like us whom gone for apartment,we are consider the "sieow lang" to some haha

Yes I agree too. The price gap betw SG landed & JB landed is simply too big to ignore, while the condo gap betw JB and SG is closing all the time. The locals buy condos too, but many with a view to rent out rather than stay-in.....

RM 1M can easily buy a cluster/corner terrace in gd locations, rather than the Country Garden 1,200 sq ft condo being reported in ST today. No offence to Country Garden buyers, its simply my personal opinion.....haha

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I agree too. The price gap betw SG landed & JB landed is simply too big to ignore, while the condo gap betw JB and SG is closing all the time. The locals buy condos too, but many with a view to rent out rather than stay-in.....

RM 1M can easily buy a cluster/corner terrace in gd locations, rather than the Country Garden 1,200 sq ft condo being reported in ST today. No offence to Country Garden buyers, its simply my personal opinion.....haha

I've got a general question, it is true that in Johor it is advisable not to buy corner units? In Singapore we are crazy for corner units, but I was told in JB corner units very vulnerable to break ins. Anyone can verify that?

macbookair

Alfrescian
Loyal
for older tamans that is true as people buy intermediate units and minimize the threats of breakins.

new GnG maybe less so but also depends on the location and the taman.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

i prefer not to compare to singapore as it's a different country altogether. I would compare to KL. To me, JB condo is no longer a good proposition as the price is already KL pricing, but KL is much better to me (in terms of design , location , community, etc). Let me say that since malaysians generally are new to high rise living, their lifestyle has not caught up with high rise living. Rubbish thrown from high floor is common. However, I found that JB landed is still lagging behind KL, while the quality gap in products has narrowed significantly. Therefore, I think JB landed still has some value.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've got a general question, it is true that in Johor it is advisable not to buy corner units? In Singapore we are crazy for corner units, but I was told in JB corner units very vulnerable to break ins. Anyone can verify that?

obviously the more entry points you have in the house, the more vulnerable to break ins. This can be mitigated by installing stringent security. However, the best is to maintain a low profile and not keep too many valuables in the house. However, do note that investment wise, corner lots are scarcer and have lower psf, and are thus more coveted in general.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
obviously the more entry points you have in the house, the more vulnerable to break ins. This can be mitigated by installing stringent security. However, the best is to maintain a low profile and not keep too many valuables in the house. However, do note that investment wise, corner lots are scarcer and have lower psf, and are thus more coveted in general.

Yes, I agree with you that corner lots are certainly very tempting, esp the huge garden area and the almost all round view! My property agent friend told me NEVER to buy corner units in JB, so typical kiasi syndrome kick in for me. But like you said, it's probably not easy to get one in a development you like.