• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buddhism has a lifespan of 5000 years

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro, just a simple posting on the lifespan of Buddhism and I get all sorts of interpretations.
If I post something on Islam I thing these people will turn suicide bomber.

Wrong. First they get the Muftis to condemn you and then they issue a fatwa against you. After that followed by mass protest calling for your blood and murder in several colourful ways. :biggrin:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong. First they get the Muftis to condemn you and then they issue a fatwa against you. After that followed by mass protest calling for your blood and murder in several colourful ways. :biggrin:

Hehehe! Bro, I am not anti religion you know. Islam good religion also you know. It is not venomous as our great Leeder suggest.
The suicide bombers I am referring to are those anti religion fanatics here.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
an invention by ah neh that lasts so long. quite impressive already. i guess they should have sweeten the deal by promising eternal life like the competitors.

before you condemn something...................go and understand more 1st................

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
drifter is another one that knows too little...............and assumes too much..............

an empty vessel that is so ignorant he doesn't know he knows nothing............

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
drifter is another one that knows too little...............and assumes too much..............

an empty vessel that is so ignorant he doesn't know he knows nothing............

Don't mistake that anti-God for atheists. People who do not believe in the existence of God are not afraid of the existence of God. Because they don't believe, they don't have to deny.

Don't mistake people who are afraid of the existence of God with people who do not believe in the existence of God. People who are afraid of the existence of God, their fear of the existence of God shows they subconsciously believe in the existence of God. And because they may have done many immoral stuff they're afraid that the existence of God will spell judgment on their misdeeds. So in order to justify their misdeeds, they remove the final arbiter from their conceptual realm so that there will be nobody to accuse or judge their immoral deeds, which in turn will relieve them from their fear of final judgment.

Like UFOs, some people believe UFOs exist, some don't. But you don't get to see people who don't believe in UFOs going all out to attack people who believe in UFOs. If you don't believe, you don't have a reason to get agitated. You don't have a self-interest to get so worked up. It's people who believe in Heaven who should have a self-interest. Likewise, 'fear' is also a form of self-interest.

And people who keep seeking scientific evidence to prove the existence of God are exposing their poor logical make-up. If you don't believe in God, then for the sake of discussion God is a presupposition. That presupposition presupposes that God created everything, including science. If science can be used to prove God, then that presupposition fails because science would have then proved that God is a creation, not the creator. Logic dictates that the created cannot prove the creator. Hence, science cannot prove the existence of God, nor can science prove He is non-existent. There is a reason why Einstein and Newton, the most renowned scientists in history, believed in God.

Last edited:

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro, just a simple posting on the lifespan of Buddhism and I get all sorts of interpretations.
If I post something on Islam I thing these people will turn suicide bomber.

not only just people... Monks also made different interpretations from what the buddha taught. Be wary of that.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
not only just people... Monks also made different interpretations from what the buddha taught. Be wary of that.

All religions are over thousands years old. They were embraced by people of different cultures and interpreted by many through the years.
No religion is pure in my humble opinion.
Can still remember monks immolating themselves with fire during the Vietnam war.

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
All religions are over thousands years old. They were embraced by people of different cultures and interpreted by many through the years.

The jap made use of Shinto and Zen buddhism. Incorporating something in favour of the Emperor to go around invading the region. Nicely interpreted?

No religion is pure in my humble opinion.

Buddhism is not a religion. Its a philosophy. It had to made itself look like a religion if not it wouldn't survived till now.

Can still remember monks immolating themselves with fire during the Vietnam war.

If you like, you may also read up on "stoicism".

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't mistake people who are afraid of the existence of God with people who do not believe in the existence of God. People who are afraid of the existence of God, their fear of the existence of God shows they subconsciously believe in the existence of God. And because they may have done many immoral stuff they're afraid that the existence of God will spell judgment on their misdeeds. So in order to justify their misdeeds, they remove the final arbiter from their conceptual realm so that there will be nobody to accuse or judge their immoral deeds, which in turn will relieve them from their fear of final judgment.

Or perhaps anti-theists like me are just sick of religious conflicts, the impediment of scientific research and religious charlatans earning big bucks selling koyok.

Like UFOs, some people believe UFOs exist, some don't. But you don't get to see people who don't believe in UFOs going all out to attack people who believe in UFOs. If you don't believe, you don't have a reason to get agitated. You don't have a self-interest to get so worked up.

There are sceptic groups and individuals offering money to those who can prove UFOs exist. Tell me: what's their self-interest when there's no risk of UFOs passing judgement on their supposed misdeeds?

Logic dictates that the created cannot prove the creator.

By whose logic? Can a scientist prove that his mother gave birth to him? Can he also prove the biological processes which brought about his conception? Why, yes! :rolleyes: This is the power of science and human intelligence. It transcends temporal limitations.

There is a reason why Einstein and Newton, the most renowned scientists in history, believed in God.

There is a reason why Einstein and Newton were not God themselves. They were fallible human beings who could be wrong and had been proven wrong on a few things.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not necessarily referring to me. State your point but watch your words.

if you think im not refering to u ...why u feel so upset ? by the way ...remember freedom of speech here ...i can even bring out your whole family if i like ...so what are you going to do about it ..?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

so you know alot about recarnation ? lets hear it ..:wink: