• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buddhism has a lifespan of 5000 years

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
brudder.....................Buddhism (not a religion) is the only one that's been supported by science ..................

the only one...................

The essence of Buddhism is the seeking of the truth.
I have listen to Dalai Lama talks on youtube and he is working closely with scientist.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The essence of Buddhism is the seeking of the truth.
I have listen to Dalai Lama talks on youtube and he is working closely with scientist.

no need for that lah...............

the Buddha spoke of countless number of universes out there........................and now, scientists are saying the same thing.................

the Buddha said the universe has no beginning and no end................now Science confirm that the universe is made of energy.................

energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed.................

so truly the universe has no beginning and no end..................

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
no need for that lah...............
the Buddha spoke of countless number of universes out there........................and now, scientists are saying the same thing.................
the Buddha said the universe has no beginning and no end................now Science confirm that the universe is made of energy.................
energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed.................
so truly the universe has no beginning and no end..................

Wah! you Buddhist scholar or what?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i know very very little........................

another of Buddha's saying is that there's no such thing as an independent existence and that everything is related to each other..................

scientists discovered that particles of different objects affect each other....................at the same time, no matter the distance.............and can even affect particles in the PAST..............

the buddha also spoke of countless living things in a cup of water (now we know as bacteria, etc etc ).............and that all matter is just an illusion...................

scientists are now saying that the universe is just a hologram.....................meaning an illusion............

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Buddhism cannot escape from stupidlity too ...they believe that when those bad deeds will reincarnate into insects or animals ...they believe that those who are born without limps are those who do bad deeds in their previous life ...i think its evil to say that . they also encourage ppl to give up " living to the fullest " theory ...thats also evil ...:wink: . they also encourage ppl to beg on the street for food rather then to work for food . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Really? There's scientific proof of reincarnation?

there are countless number of people remembering their past lives..................some even as animals.............

these people knew things, people and places that they shouldn't be able to....................

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddhism cannot escape from stupidlity too ...they believe that when those bad deeds will reincarnate into insects or animals ...they believe that those who are born without limps are those who do bad deeds in their previous life ...i think its evil to say that . they also encourage ppl to give up " living to the fullest " theory ...thats also evil ...:wink: . they also encourage ppl to beg on the street for food rather then to work for food . :rolleyes:

It's the weakling's philosophy. Buddhists are terrified of pain and suffering. True, all desires will incur pain and suffering of varying degrees. But while the buddhist suppresses his desires, secular individuals like me prefer living in the real world of compromise and trade-offs. I think if Buddhists were consistent, they would have committed suicide en masse. Why torture themselves with the desire of breathing? :rolleyes:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are countless number of people remembering their past lives..................some even as animals.............

these people knew things, people and places that they shouldn't be able to....................

And the scientific basis for that is? :confused:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

it's the cause and effect.................like gravity, it simply works...............

or like when you plant an apple seed.................you won't get an orange tree.............

### simply believing in God or whoever will allow you to escape from cause and effect and go heaven is simply WISHFUL THINKING...............

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the weakling's philosophy. Buddhists are terrified of pain and suffering. True, all desires will incur pain and suffering of varying degrees. But while the buddhist suppresses his desires, secular individuals like me prefer living in the real world of compromise and trade-offs. I think if Buddhists were consistent, they would have committed suicide en masse. Why torture themselves with the desire of breathing? :rolleyes:

and believing in some wishful thinking of heaven is not stupid or trying to escape from reality ?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Affinity Of Infinity

infinity.jpg

scientists are now saying that the universe is just a hologram.....................meaning an illusion............

I don't it is an illusion. It is just an infinity ... of emptiness. Emptiness is infinite and whereas particles of existence is always finite.

The BIG question is ... if you multiply zero with infinity ... zero ? Then, what is infinity ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

take a stroll in IMH ..and you will find tons of ppl there remembering their past ...