• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buddhism has a lifespan of 5000 years

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Ang Moh Indians

Come the day, you may be able to sell to a rich thai.

untitledhf.jpg

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Come the day, you may be able to sell to a rich thai.

Thankyou bro .. Bro there's alot of collector in the world not only Thai ppl collect it .. Angmo , Singaporean . Hongkies , Malaysia , japan , ....ect .

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Btw whom are the famous arjans? I understand that those from the forests of cambodia create more powerful amulets compared to those in thailand.

Hey jackie chan owns a very expensive one. Then again he's so filthy rich. Doesn't make any difference even if he throws away the money.

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imo, be constantly mindful of our ego in our transactions.

What's yours... pls dont say same same.

May this benefit you.

"There is the case where a monk, having gone to the wilderness, to the shade of a tree, or to an empty building, sits down folding his legs crosswise, holding his body erect, and setting mindfulness to the fore.[1] Always mindful, he breathes in; mindful he breathes out.

" Breathing in long, he discerns, 'I am breathing in long'; or breathing out long, he discerns, 'I am breathing out long. Or breathing in short, he discerns, 'I am breathing in short'; or breathing out short, he discerns, 'I am breathing out short. He trains himself, 'I will breathe in sensitive to the entire body. He trains himself, 'I will breathe out sensitive to the entire body. He trains himself, 'I will breathe in calming bodily fabrication. He trains himself, 'I will breathe out calming bodily fabrication.' MN 10.

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro,

Sorry, it was a spelling error. It should be spelled "Mindfulness".

I am not expert on this mindfulness meditation, but can explain a little bit on how it goes.
In Buddhism, there are 40 ways of doing mindfulness meditation.
Basically, there are three postures to be taken; sitting, walking and general movements.
Each and every posture/ movement, we need to be noting mind - depending on methods.

Noting mind shall be on: -
- breath in and out.
- belly rise and fall.
- touching.
- moving.
etc.

In the beginning, it may be very tough because we are restricted to systematic postures and movements. Our body may feel aching. Our mind may want wandering out from the noting patterns.
After a few days (most practitioners experienced), it gets use to it and start enjoying the meditation.
As it says, practice makes perfect. We practise more, we gain much.
Mindfulness meditation needs patience and perseverance.

You may like to read books about details on this mindfulness meditation or to approach Experts, who are mostly Buddhist monks.
This mindfulness meditation is well known in the West, and there are many westerners practising.

Cheers,

OOps sorry didn't notice your post until now. i scrooled up and down a bit fast.:o

a video clip to share with you.:smile:
[video=youtube;Y-QlSW5KwxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-QlSW5KwxI[/video]

I am also one of those "is it still yet" people.:biggrin:

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
OOps sorry didn't notice your post until now. i scrooled up and down a bit fast.:o

a video clip to share with you.:smile:
[video=youtube;Y-QlSW5KwxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-QlSW5KwxI[/video]

I am also one of those "is it still yet" people.:biggrin:

Thanks for the video explaining a simple philosophy of Meditation.
Most of us are still yet...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wanna know what's the hardest material to determine its age? (If not by carbon dating):biggrin:

Itijeaepattamung powder , Jindahmanee powder and burnt head bone of the dead foetus crush into powder ?

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
powder based amulets are hardest to produce high quality imitations, hardest to identify authencity too. hardest to produce high quality imitations because of wide scope of factors influencing the appearance and aging of different pieces, hardest to identify authencity because of the same reasons. imitation pieces are many and must be cautious when buying pieces with high chances of being imitated......

you need a 10X magnifying glass to examine amulets. examine the difference between pieces in regards to the following (not all are applicable):

1) the finesse/coarseness of the powder and substance, or a mixture of fine and coarse powder, how evenly mixed is the mixture and the smoothness/roughness of the surface in general view and in detail......

2) the volume of the amulet, tightly or loosely packed powder, machine-moulded amulets are usually more tightly packed, there are less air pockets within the amulet, hand-moulded amulets can also be tightly packed, depending upon the pressure applied during the moulding process.......

3) the color and tone of the powder and substances, the different colors evident when examined in detailed, and the amulet's color and tone ........

4) the degree of moisture of the amulet, and it's effect on it's surface's appearance with age; oily, grossly, dry cracked......

5) the appearance of the surface with aging; mouldy/fungus, layer of oxide, layer of dried m&d for cached/buried amulets, stains from oil, brown stains resulting from prolonged contact with decaying flowers left on amulets, stains from sprinkled water, or stains from aging of ink stamps, etc.......

6) the composition of the powder's mixture of substances, such as filed metal dust, gold/silver leaves, grains, hairs, fabrics, burned leaves, crushes crystals/minerals, sand/stones, shredded leaves/petals, powder from old amulets, etc, being mixed into the powder......

7) the scent of the amulet, generally most nur phong/powder based mixture of amulets emits a fragance, mixed herb substance (nur wahn) produce a particular odour, flower/pollen based substance (nur kesorn) emits a flowery fragrance, but burned leaves (bailan), incense ashes (nur phom tut) and terracotta/clay/earthern sustances (nur din) in general have no scent........

8) the inserted takruts if any, and the aging of the takruts' metal, embedded crystals, laquered surface, etc......

9) the average size, thickness, deepness of imprint, significant coding/markings, cut marks at edges of the amulet if any....

take note that the colour tone and the composite of the mixed powder may varied from piece to piece due to uneven mixing of materials, and when powder based amulets are kept in different atmospheres over time, they may ages differently and thus the end result is that they may look significantly different from piece to piece, the factors affecting the condition and appearance of powder based amulets are endless especially with aged amulets.....

examining phong/powder based amulets relies on the knowledge of the substances used evident upon examining in detail, awareness of the color, size and space of the substances and how aging affects the surface. when examined in detailed under a 10X magnifying glass, it's like examining the terrain of a landscape.......

the above guidelines are made from a general point of view.... not all points mentioned in this article are applicable, simply because every pieces are different and special in their own ways......

happy hunting ....:wink:

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the problem with Buddhism is how to address the desire for Nirvana and the state of no desire. Mahayana Buddhism in way tried to address this by turning the attention from self enlightenment as practised by Theravada Buddhism to helping others to address their suffering. Evidently this deferment of self-enlightenment helped to resolve the contradiction. Now the possession of amulets and erection of idols are strictly speaking not core to the teaching of Buddhism but if it makes living life easier as a Buddhist, why not. Buddhism has really made one full circle.

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Itijeaepattamung powder , Jindahmanee powder and burnt head bone of the dead foetus crush into powder ?

:biggrin:
[video=youtube;8ZRs__rmYMc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZRs__rmYMc[/video]

For material used in voltive tablets it will be the 24k/ 99.9 gold:wink:

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the problem with Buddhism is how to address the desire for Nirvana and the state of no desire. Mahayana Buddhism in way tried to address this by turning the attention from self enlightenment as practised by Theravada Buddhism to helping others to address their suffering. Evidently this deferment of self-enlightenment helped to resolve the contradiction. Now the possession of amulets and erection of idols are strictly speaking not core to the teaching of Buddhism but if it makes living life easier as a Buddhist, why not. Buddhism has really made one full circle.

These images are not core of Buddhism. Yes. But look here, Does the images tell you a story?

"There is the case where a monk, having gone to the wilderness, to the shade of a tree, or to an empty building, sits down folding his legs crosswise, holding his body erect, and setting mindfulness to the fore. Always mindful, he breathes in; mindful he breathes out.

" Breathing in long, he discerns, 'I am breathing in long'; or breathing out long, he discerns, 'I am breathing out long. Or breathing in short, he discerns, 'I am breathing in short'; or breathing out short, he discerns, 'I am breathing out short. He trains himself, 'I will breathe in sensitive to the entire body. He trains himself, 'I will breathe out sensitive to the entire body. He trains himself, 'I will breathe in calming bodily fabrication. He trains himself, 'I will breathe out calming bodily fabrication.' MN 10.

DSC01380.jpg

speaking of contradiction. In the Mahayana teachings. They keep on vowing to defer awakening until all sentient beings are awakened and here is a play of what will happen.

Bodhisatta A: I vow to defer awakening until all sentient beings are awakened.
Bodhisatta B: No, i vow to defer awakening until all sentient beings are awakened.
Bodhisatta A: Nope, i vowed to defer awakening until all sentient beings are awakened. I will be last!
Bodhisatta B: No.... i vowed to defer awakening until all sentient beings are awakened. I will be the last!!!!!

and then Bodhisatta c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, all come out claiming they all want to be the last. The end results doesn't take an idiot to find out.:biggrin:

The problem of addressing the desire of state of no desire was addressed by Venerable Nagajurna in his writing of the Heart sutta. Emptiness is form, Form is emptiness. But i prefer the Kaccayanagotta Sutta where Venerable Nagajurna got his understandings from.

Oh.... and Venerable Nagajurna is not Mahayana. He is the founder of the Madhamikaya school.

Go read the Buddhist council meet ups when you have time and queries.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hahahaman said:
These images are not core of Buddhism. Yes. But look here, Does the images tell you a story?

speaking of contradiction. In the Mahayana teachings. They keep on vowing to defer awakening until all sentient beings are awakened and here is a play of what will happen.

Bodhisatta A: I vow to defer awakening until all sentient beings are awakened.
Bodhisatta B: No, i vow to defer awakening until all sentient beings are awakened.
Bodhisatta A: Nope, i vowed to defer awakening until all sentient beings are awakened. I will be last!
Bodhisatta B: No.... i vowed to defer awakening until all sentient beings are awakened. I will be the last!!!!!

and then Bodhisatta c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, all come out claiming they all want to be the last. The end results doesn't take an idiot to find out.:biggrin:

The problem of addressing the desire of state of no desire was addressed by Venerable Nagajurna in his writing of the Heart sutta. Emptiness is form, Form is emptiness. But i prefer the Kaccayanagotta Sutta where Venerable Nagajurna got his understandings from.

Oh.... and Venerable Nagajurna is not Mahayana. He is the founder of the Madhamikaya school.

Go read the Buddhist council meet ups when you have time and queries.

The beauty of Buddhism is that you need not be pure as to desire the ultimate or to desire to be the last itself is a desire. So to each his own. There is no single teaching and no single state of achievement you must follow. You stop where it pleases you. To covet something too much can only lead to pain and suffering.