• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buddhism has a lifespan of 5000 years

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you do mildfulness meditatiion?

Hi Bro,

Sorry, it was a spelling error. It should be spelled "Mindfulness".

I am not expert on this mindfulness meditation, but can explain a little bit on how it goes.
In Buddhism, there are 40 ways of doing mindfulness meditation.
Basically, there are three postures to be taken; sitting, walking and general movements.
Each and every posture/ movement, we need to be noting mind - depending on methods.

Noting mind shall be on: -
- breath in and out.
- belly rise and fall.
- touching.
- moving.
etc.

In the beginning, it may be very tough because we are restricted to systematic postures and movements. Our body may feel aching. Our mind may want wandering out from the noting patterns.
After a few days (most practitioners experienced), it gets use to it and start enjoying the meditation.
As it says, practice makes perfect. We practise more, we gain much.
Mindfulness meditation needs patience and perseverance.

You may like to read books about details on this mindfulness meditation or to approach Experts, who are mostly Buddhist monks.
This mindfulness meditation is well known in the West, and there are many westerners practising.

Cheers,

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everything has their distractors.
Why didn't they invent it themselves.
Are they advocating the iPad alternative - nothing.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Chinese still waiting for the Japs for this -

lol...so you got the mentality of china ppl ?

china goverment have been using this tactic to install hatred between their ppl and the japanese ...however your pathetic government did not say anythin about WW2 how the japanese had invaded your country . by the way, i thought you are buddha teach you to forgive and forget ? :wink:

ps: so now you want to divert this thread to war thread ? :wink:

Last edited:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol...so you got the mentality of china ppl ?

china goverment have been using this tactic to install hatred between their ppl and the japanese ...however your pathetic government did not say anythin about WW2 how the japanese had invaded your country . by the way, i thought you are buddha teach you to forgive and forget ? :wink:

ps: so now you want to divert this thread to war thread ? :wink:

i am just replying to your post. It is about past history. Nothing to do with what the Chinese government is doing.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i know that it's hardly as popular as saying fuck christianity, or fuck islam. but this is something that really needs to be said, less more eastofile hippies decide to believe in this stupid shit. sure buddhism doesn't neccesarily have the giant man in the sky, but it's not as though karma, reincarnation, nirvanna, etc are that much less stupid.

Ooooohhh, but they are a peaceful religion! big deal, name me one religion that doesn't claim to be peaceful. the largest single massacre until Auschwitz was committed by a buddhist. in addition the kashgar buddhist kingdom of central asia was oppressive to other religions far more then their muslim neighbors. the buddist temple in Japan was nothing more then a money hungry power grabbing organization for hundreds of years. money grubbing, massacre committing, oppression? could it be that the history of this 'peaceful' religion is no diffrent from other world religions?

today buddhists are no better then any other religion. they are prehaps the most anti-science faith there is, as the true path to enlightenment involves a complete withdrawl from secular society. buddhist monks aren't exactly known for advancing the cause of genetic engineering, or technology. if they had it there way there would be no technology at all, just a bunch of hippies with shaved heads grubbing around in the dirt to barely maintain their own sustanence.

this doesn't even mention their deplorable practice of picking a little kid at random and proclaiming him the reincarnation of the dali lama, essentually fucking his life over. at least the Pope (royal asshole though he may be) wanted to be the pope.

In short, fuck buddhism.

Last edited:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
im talking about present tibet and you want to talk about other country past history ? :wink:

Your post is about Tibet under Dalai Lama. Past history. What present Tibet are you talking. Present Tibet is no longer feudal, no slavery and economically like many chinese cities.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah...................don't bother posting in this thread anymore lah..................i stop days ago...............until now............

no point replying to people that knows too little and assumes too much.................vomit blood only !

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your post is about Tibet under Dalai Lama. Past history. What present Tibet are you talking. Present Tibet is no longer feudal, no slavery and economically like many chinese cities.

guess you never been to tibet ...tibet is still under proverty and slavery . and dalai lama still Influence tibet to a certain degree ..

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah...................don't bother posting in this thread anymore lah..................i stop days ago...............until now............

no point replying to people that knows too little and assumes too much.................vomit blood only !

Yes, I also give up on that nut case.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Ang Moh Indians

According to the Museum's authentication, it was drawn by Buddha's cousin, Punna, a Koliyan from his mother's relations. Punna was one of the 10 arahans. Shakyans and Koliyans lived in what is now modern day Nepal.

carbon dated? so what if it really is the portrait of the Buddha? There will be people disclaiming it as someone else (although the portrait is of a stoic which i believe the buddha will look stoic.):wink:

The Buddha did not allowed a portrait or statue of himself to be erected was because his teachings were not to be practiced by bowing to a lifeless portrait or statue. Therefore his teachings were in words.

You will be puzzled why didnt the Buddha put what he taught into writings until a few centuries later.:confused:

Last edited:

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
but it's not as though karma, reincarnation, nirvanna, etc are that much less stupid.

"today buddhists are no better then any other religion. they are prehaps the most anti-science faith there is, as the true path to enlightenment involves a complete withdrawl from secular society. buddhist monks aren't exactly known for advancing the cause of genetic engineering, or technology." if they had it there way there would be no technology at all, just a bunch of hippies with shaved heads grubbing around in the dirt to barely maintain their own sustanence.

Not true here, Buddhist are metaphysicist. They do not plainly just follow what was taught and accept it as truth, they do it.

Karma and reincarnation are to be viewed like quantum mechanics. as long as energy is there, the randomness of possibilities will be in play.

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Ang Moh Indians

According to the Museum's authentication, it was drawn by Buddha's cousin, Punna, a Koliyan from his mother's relations. Punna was one of the 10 arahans. Shakyans and Koliyans lived in what is now modern day Nepal.

Ok, let you know this. To me what the buddha looks like is of no importance.