• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Broken Promises from 2006 election

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
PROMISE During 2006 ERECTIONS....BUT....Betrayal To All In The End.

.....this from a very sharp contributer..

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr><tr><td class="msgtxt">Remember what Lee Hsien Loong said in 2006 and what he has done since

PostDateIcon.png
October 16th, 2010 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Lee Chong |
PostEditIcon.png
Edit

There is speculation that the General Election is just around the corner (Dec 2010?) as Straits Times today (14 Oct 2010) reported that PAP MPs were asked to have their photos taken and prepare for rehearsal for speeches.
I just want to show you something from the 2006 Election:
I am concerned about less-skilled Singaporeans, whose jobs and wages are under pressure. I worry for older Singaporeans too, living by themselves and having to provide for their medical and daily expenses. I am troubled that a terrorist attack will sow suspicion and discord among Singaporeans.
We must respond boldly and creatively to these opportunities and challenges, expand our horizons and aim high. We will continue to restructure our economy to make it more productive and resilient. We should make our society more vibrant and cohesive. And our young must be imbued with the same can-do, never-say-die Singapore spiritthat has brought us here”
– Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, his letter to Singaporeans, PAP Manifesto for General Election 2006.

You remember this letter sent to you during the last election? I want to show it to you to remind you of PM Lee’s promise in 2006 to “respond boldly and creatively” to the challenges faced by Singaporeans. That was 4 years ago. Just look at the above paragraph – right on top, he said “I’m concerned…about less skilled Singaporeans whose jobs and wages are under pressure”. He sent this letter to all Singaporeans during the last election and after he got elected he opened the floodgates to cheap foreign labor and that increased the downward pressure on the wages of lower skilled workers. He increased GST – a regressive tax that would be most heavily shouldered by low wages earners. He increased the pay of his cabinet which was already the highest in the world prior to the increase.
When the campaigning starts and the PAP men give their speeches and make their promises, remember what Lee Hsien Loong said in 2006 and what he has done since.
Author: Lucky Tan</td></tr></tbody></table>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: PROMISE During 2006 ERECTIONS....BUT....Betrayal To All In The End.

I hope the opposition are not blind. They should pick this up and repeat it at all their rallies.

insomia23

Alfrescian
Loyal

our parents were once promised by old man that HDB is for singaporeans and everyone should have a shelter as privileges at a affordable prices that they can afford to pay off and enjoy retirement. so now??? what is happening now??? 60 years old still cannot enjoy retirement still have to work like cow and buffalo

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
An excellent opportunity for competent opposition candidates to review / follow up the PAP 2006 GE Manifesto and give them a good run for the money.

Strategise, Strategise, Strategise and Act.

ptthumb_petir_cover_page.jpg
strategize.png

Last edited:

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP did not mentioned that the FTs will be upgraded to PR then to new citizen with voting right. So they did not break their promise..

Same for 2011.. they never mentioned anything about more new citizen.. So 2016-7 you are screwd again..

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP did not mentioned that the FTs will be upgraded to PR then to new citizen with voting right. So they did not break their promise..

Same for 2011.. they never mentioned anything about more new citizen.. So 2016-7 you are screwd again..

Discussion of FT can be more meaningful if we also reference LT, ie. local talents.

Asian-Flags-Singapore-flag.png

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal

Discussion of FT can be more meaningful if we also include the term LT, ie. local talents.

Asian-Flags-Singapore-flag.png

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screw those who made broken promises.
It would be more helpful for those who are upset about the broken promises of GE 2006 to compile a list of the broken promises with proper reference/source so that the competent opposition candidates can help voice that out for us (inside and outside the parliament).

If Singaporeans are a bunch of dumb voters, yes it would likely work if you have a bunch of mobtizens telling them in unity to vote for the Oppositions. Then again, if Singaporeans are really a bunch of dumb voters, then they would also be easily swayed by the Proposition.

Facts, Facts, Facts, people.

justthelogo.gif

Last edited:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

our parents were once promised by old man that HDB is for singaporeans and everyone should have a shelter as privileges at a affordable prices that they can afford to pay off and enjoy retirement. so now??? what is happening now??? 60 years old still cannot enjoy retirement still have to work like cow and buffalo

I think the same ass promised cpf withdrawal at 55 yrs............ NOW?

takchenow

Alfrescian
Loyal

=====
BEFORE LAST ELECTION
=====

03 May 2006

Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan says means-testing will not be implemented in the next two years as originally planned.

He was responding on Wednesday to a Workers' Party's concern over the criteria to be used for means-testing.

Mr Khaw said: "The criteria? I don't know. I honestly don't know. I don't tell lies like some people. You don't want to implement a scheme that is so complicated, that it costs so much to do thorough means-testing. Then whatever you save, you have to now pay more for administrative costs. Now, that additional cost, someone has to bear it."

=====
AFTER LAST ELECTION
=====

Health minister says no basis for rise in medical insurance premiums
29 January 2008 1416 hrs (SST)

SINGAPORE : Bit by bit, the questions about implementing means testing in public hospitals are being addressed but one has lingered unanswered, until now: Will medical insurance premiums inflate as a result?

One media report had suggested this possibility, after the Life Insurance Association (LIA) of Singapore said means testing would have a "definite impact" on the health insurance market, and insurers would have to review their product designs and policies.

Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan, however, gave his response in no uncertain terms when TODAY put the question to him. "There is no basis for such a rise," he said, in an email interview.

Falimah

Alfrescian
Loyal
TR was running a series on "Words and Promises" given by PAP before 2006 GE, captured under news headlines and openings.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opp shld jump on it and tear it to pcs. during rallies.

I think it is more effective for the Opps to focus on defending/supporting their own GE2011 manifesto, that would be what the voters want, ie. whether each party manifesto can stand on its own.

eg. LTK is currently doing a great job (a surprise to me) defending his ideal SG public housing policy, to the extent that MBT is sweating and thus forgotten that the 'reserve' point was actually first raised by himself. MBT is currently threading on a thin line, perhaps he will come to realise this...

Last edited:

mcsmith6

Alfrescian
Loyal
pap: we can't afford to lose a grc as grc are helmed by able ministers.

after election, yeow chow tong resigned from his minister post.
-------------

there were floods in bedok and the matter was brought up by wp east coast team

after election, there were lots of more severe floods.

===================

side track a bit, the announcement of Means Testing putting on hold is similar to
the current announcement of review on hdb costs.

the review can conclude no changes were needed.

if hdb flats were affordable as mbt and the press had claimed,
and lowering prices would be raiding reserves and also causing
current hdb owners to lose $,
why the need for the review?

BeHappy

Alfrescian
Loyal
All singaporeans must not be afraid of the pap. The have and are showing their dirty side in trying to discredit the opposition.The are not Honourable and humble in the way they play their dirty tactics to make people think well of them by giving people money just before the election.The are using money to buy people's hearts.
They shall be dealt with severely and they shall lose their universal existence by being unworthy of existence.