• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Broken Promises from 2006 election

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Mahboky got say before by I think 2010 or 2015 70% of sinkies will stay in condos and serviced apartments, HDB will no longer need to build 2 and 3 room flats and majority will be 5 room flats.

Time to pull out his "vision" again together with Goal 2010.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Balaji Sadasivan promises lower healthcare costs if PAP given strong mandate

SINGAPORE : Dr Balaji Sadasivan, who is a member of the People's Action Party (PAP) team contesting Ang Mo Kio Group Representation Constituency, addressed concerns over healthcare costs at a PAP rally on Saturday.

"But in the next five years, if you give us a strong mandate, we will find ways to make healthcare affordable and more convenient for more Singaporeans. You have heard Minister Khaw Boon Wan on the new CPF rules that allow you to use CPF or Medisave account for outpatient care. This will help many older Singaporeans. We will also reorganise care for elderly, so that your many illnesses can be looked after by one doctor, bringing down the cost of your healthcare, but (to) do this, we need a strong mandate from you."

Sep 27, 2010
Minister Balaji has died

Senior Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Dr Balaji Sadasivan, who was battling colon cancer, died early on Monday morning. -- PHOTO: NP

Senior Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Dr Balaji Sadasivan, who was battling colon cancer, died early on Monday morning. He was 55.

Foreign Minister George Yeo broke the news of his death in a Twitter message just before 10.30 am on Monday. 'Mourns the passing away of dear friend and colleague Dr Balaji Sadasivan,' he twitted.

Dr Balaji had surgery at Gleneagles Hospital on Sept 23, 2008 to remove a cancerous tumour in the colon.

Before he entered politics in 2001 as a PAP candidate, he was a neurosurgeon at Gleneagles Hospital.

Soon after, he was elected as an MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC. He was appointed minister of state for health and environment in November 2001.

From May 2006 to March this year, he was senior minister of state for foreign affairs and information, communications and the arts. In April, his responsibility was confined to the ministry of foreign affairs.

Dr Balaji leaves behind his wife and two children.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only a minister of state, still too early to pop the champagne, we are still waiting for the big one when the old man drops dead for good.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can you trust someone who shake his head when he say yes?

Yeah remembers me of a song below:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DABhQjAF6y4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DABhQjAF6y4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
See what LHL promised in 2006 erection..

<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - See what LHL promised in 2006 erection..</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Oct-16 8:54 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 16) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>40173.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Remember what Lee Hsien Loong said in 2006 and what he has done since

PostDateIcon.png
October 16th, 2010 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Lee Chong |
PostEditIcon.png
Edit

http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/10/16/general-election-on-the-way/votecheckpencil-4/
There is speculation that the General Election is just around the corner (Dec 2010?) as Straits Times today (14 Oct 2010) reported that PAP MPs were asked to have their photos taken and prepare for rehearsal for speeches.
I just want to show you something from the 2006 Election:
I am concerned about less-skilled Singaporeans, whose jobs and wages are under pressure. I worry for older Singaporeans too, living by themselves and having to provide for their medical and daily expenses. I am troubled that a terrorist attack will sow suspicion and discord among Singaporeans.
We must respond boldly and creatively to these opportunities and challenges, expand our horizons and aim high. We will continue to restructure our economy to make it more productive and resilient. We should make our society more vibrant and cohesive. And our young must be imbued with the same can-do, never-say-die Singapore spiritthat has brought us here”
– Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, his letter to Singaporeans, PAP Manifesto for General Election 2006.

You remember this letter sent to you during the last election? I want to show it to you to remind you of PM Lee’s promise in 2006 to “respond boldly and creatively” to the challenges faced by Singaporeans. That was 4 years ago. Just look at the above paragraph – right on top, he said “I’m concerned…about less skilled Singaporeans whose jobs and wages are under pressure”. He sent this letter to all Singaporeans during the last election and after he got elected he opened the floodgates to cheap foreign labor and that increased the downward pressure on the wages of lower skilled workers. He increased GST – a regressive tax that would be most heavily shouldered by low wages earners. He increased the pay of his cabinet which was already the highest in the world prior to the increase.
When the campaigning starts and the PAP men give their speeches and make their promises, remember what Lee Hsien Loong said in 2006 and what he has done since.
Author: Lucky Tan

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

david

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: See what LHL promised in 2006 erection..

This is one good post.

Hold LHL accountable.

Before he promise anything in next election, ask if he keep all his promises in 2006.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True, in the coming election, asked LHL if he ever kept to his promise in 2006 election. If not, it is time he stopped making further disastrous policies. Singaporeans should send in a group of opposition members into parliament to fix him this time.

sunsetkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe even earlier elections that I am still waiting for :

SM GOH promise of Swiss standard of living.

Also, I lost track of how many times below was recently spoken and by how many MIWs :

"Foreign Talents are here to create jobs for Singaporeans"

And the actual situation on the ground ?........I leave it to your findings.

swiss standard i don't know.but FT to create jobs sounds v funny.
its like telling people that i going to rob them to make em richer.

cherylfoster

Do not forget that the Papies do not mention anything about having an open door policy in the last GE. Any democratic country would have had the ruling party make such an important decision as part of the election platform. But the PAPies took it upon themselves to push this through and the people are not happy. But of course, why should they be happy. We have consistently spent so much less on healthcare and education, in terms of percentage of GDP, relative to developed countries. And now, we have to share what little we have with even more people.

ahsam73

more foreign talent to come here enjoy themselve .

get high pay. go work late and leave work early.

i'm not talking about building a HDB house. they are the one who need money and they work hard. but for upper class foreign talent since when they work hard for singapore?

it's good for competition but did they realise what is singaporean complaining?
it's the different working environment even it's same job scope.

Foreign talent come to singapore which is good as they bring in freash idea. but if they Slack are we still supporting them? stay big house and big pay working hour less than 6 hrs a day. compare to singaporean work long hour , want pay increament? i think wait till they leave and $$ invested in foreign talent.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right after the hasting, those muttafarkers said they need to get down to create more jobs............... why todate so many PMET still looking for better jobs than cleaning toilets?

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP : We increase GST after voting them 2006 GST has been increasing, after 2011 GST 10%!!! screw u for the next 5 years! to have more money to help the poor? you believe so??.since when helping the POOR? (Ministerial can have big fat increment)

PAP : No, we cannot increase welfare, otherwise all people become lazy.
( don't give say so la!! onlky keep for themselves)

PAP : We have to increase ministerial pay to stay market competitive.(Comparing apple to Water melon)

PAP : You have to accept lower pay to stay market competitive. ( Importing more foreign trash to take over Peasant jobs)

PAP : We're helping you to safeguard your money for retirement. ( keep in CPF with no return but losing big overseas using our money)

PAP : There's no such thing as retirement. ( why? Gahmen don't give pension only take of themselves so u got to work colleceting plate and spoon at Food cock!)