• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking news: SAF apache helicopter crash in woodland

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got collateral damage already.. just now i was on Woodlands Ave 12, got one Super 4 biker on the opposite side kena distracted and bang one taxi on the backside. Got ambulance and all that.

At first I thought it was a movie shoot, until I saw the Riot police.

Knn .... I was at drain catching fish ..... when the atta-chi helicopter ... twirl and twirl until I scared until drop into drain ..... japanese slippers gone and citizen watch also gone ......:mad:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good grief! Apaches are manufactured by Boeing. Heard of it?

Of course! Not only have i heard of it, I have seen it in my office!!

The ah nehs never like to do real work. they always talk in hindi and BEO at chinese girls. No wonder the helicopter they make crash! :oIo:

laidback

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyoh, no armed NSFs despatched there to jagah our multi million dollar weaponry and proprietary avionics ah? very jialat leh airforce. on getting the mayday call airforce should have scrambled ground recovery units + armed protection detail.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought people used to say that in the event of an helicopter crash, the pilot would never survive.

How did our pilots manage to escape unscathed ?

This looks and sounds more like a controlled crash landing than an uncontrollable plunging crash. In 1991, a when Super Puma crashed at SAFTI, both pilot and co-pilot died, but a backseat crewman was saved.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was upside down, cockpit in water, both crew would have survive if not for the shallow water

This looks and sounds more like a controlled crash landing than an uncontrollable plunging crash. In 1991, a when Super Puma crashed at SAFTI, both pilot and co-pilot died, but a backseat crewman was saved.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Red indian? which part of the country are they from?

My IT department ah neh are all fair north indians. their face become very red when I catch them lying to me about work.

fuck up people make fuck up helicopter!

Natives of north america, tribes like cherokee, cheyenne, sioux,
etc, they are known as indians (red).

People of india, north and south, sri lanka (formerly ceylon) they are also referred to as indians.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree, if plunging crash it have burst into flames. The pilots would not have survived let alone no serious injuries.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
That tum forgot to lower the landing gears of AWACS; pilot sleeping, co pilot sleeping, assistant engineer sleeping, controller at control tower sleeping....all covered up also what:rolleyes:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
To the contrary, I think the pilots have done a fantastic job in averting any civilian collateral damage.

In view of that, let's move on. :smile:

I agree on the no civilian casualty and collateral damage part but the public still need to know what the apache is doing in the heartland and why it crash land. It's peace time.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Natives of north america, tribes like cherokee, cheyenne, sioux,
etc, they are known as indians (red).

Indian Reservation - Paul Revere & The Raiders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUuG1Ge8MTU

They took the whole Cherokee nation
Put us on this reservation
Took away our ways of life
The tomahawk and the bow and knife
Took away our native tongue
And taught their English to our young
And all the beads we made by hand
Are nowadays made in Japan

Cherokee people, Cherokee tribe
So proud to live, so proud to die

They took the whole Indian nation
Locked us on this reservation
Though I wear a shirt and tie
I'm still part redman deep inside

But maybe someday when they learn
Cherokee nation will return, will return,
will return, will return, will return

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal

They took the whole Indian nation
Locked us on this reservation
Though I wear a shirt and tie
I'm still part redman deep inside

But maybe someday when they learn
Cherokee nation will return, will return,
will return, will return, will return

Yo, very nice and meaningful song, heard that before. Very sad, the americans really wiped them out.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
710x.jpg

A police officer from the Singapore's Special Operation Command unit cordon off the area where an Apache helicopter crashed-landed in a field in Singapore on September 30, 2010. An Apache helicopter from Singapore's air force crash-landed at an open field within a residential district on September 30, but no one was injured in the incident, the defence ministry said.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
740x.jpg

750x.jpg

Military personnel detach the blades of a Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) AH-64 Apache helicopter as it sits in an open field after crash landing in the Woodlands area in northern Singapore September 30, 2010. Singapore's Ministry of Defence said the helicopter made a forced landing in the field, and the pilots appeared uninjured, local media reported.​

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overpaid for second hand 35 years old
made-in-USA old toys again!

Better investigate if any Iraqi bullet holes patched in the structure man.

In the 1970s it was the twenty five years old Skyhawks which crashed
like nobody's business, now it is the Apache's turn to crash.

Only difference this time no pilot died.

Lucky no bystanders got hurt, landed near a school.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
810x.jpg

A Republic of Singapore Air Force Apache AH-64 helicopter sits on the field with its tail (rear L) detached after it crashed-landed in Singapore on September 30, 2010.

880x.jpg

A Republic of Singapore Air Force Apache AH-64 helicopter sits on a field as its tail (R) is carried by air force engineers after it crashed-landed in Singapore on September 30, 2010.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
860x.jpg

A member of the recovery crew watches as the tail section of a Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) AH-64 Apache helicopter is lifted by a crane after it crash landed in the Woodlands area in northern Singapore September 30, 2010.

890x.jpg

The broken tail section of a Republic of Singapore Air Force Apache AH-64 helicopter is lifted away after the helicopter was crash-landed in Singapore on September 30, 2010.​