• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking news: SAF apache helicopter crash in woodland

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
810x.jpg

830x.jpg

Military personnel load a Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) AH-64 Apache helicopter which made an emergency landing where its tail broke off completely, in an open field at a housing estate north of Singapore onto a tow truck, Thursday, Sept. 30, 2010. No one was injured.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
860x.jpg

890x.jpg

Members of a recovery crew supervise as the body of a Republic of Singapore Airforce (RSAF) Apache AH-64 helicopter is lifted by a crane after it crash-landed in the Woodlands area in northern Singapore September 30, 2010.​

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky crash in Woodlands, just a few kilometres more it would crash in the Straits of Johor or JB city.

If crash in Johore will be international drama man.
:biggrin:

Got collateral damage already.. just now i was on Woodlands Ave 12, got one Super 4 biker on the opposite side kena distracted and bang one taxi on the backside. Got ambulance and all that.

At first I thought it was a movie shoot, until I saw the Riot police.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Natives of north america, tribes like cherokee, cheyenne, sioux,
etc, they are known as indians (red).

Ah neh also make Jeep cherokee and porsche cheyenne?

thanks for the warning. I will never buy those shit. later drive half way got to "force landing" like that apache.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah neh also make Jeep cherokee and porsche cheyenne?

thanks for the warning. I will never buy those shit. later drive half way got to "force landing" like that apache.

:biggrin:...that's interesting, what is it that disgust you so much, ah neh's color or is it their odor....:biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
To the contrary, I think the pilots have done a fantastic job in averting any civilian collateral damage.

In view of that, let's move on. :smile:

There is no moving on. U crash plane in RSAF, u are desk jockey for the rest of your career. Regardless of whether your fault or not. The gunner, maybe.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no moving on. U crash plane in RSAF, u are desk jockey for the rest of your career. Regardless of whether your fault or not. The gunner, maybe.

Unfortunatly this is true.

All you need is one crash and you might end up losing your flying privileges. In fact the poor pilot will never eever fly, not just a military plane, but any commerical plane as well. Its a big blop on his resume.

On another note, I m amused how country folks you guys are and making quite a deal with such remarks over a crash landing of a helicopter with no civilian damage whatsoever.

In many western countries, military crashes and accidents are so common that its nolonger news. yes its sad when it happen but things do happen.

I would say, the pilot, and I do believe he is well trained and really calm, did an excellent job in landing the Apache. Its just too bad he had to pay for something that could be not his fault afterall.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
melodrama - see so many groups of people - got SOC, Military Police, DXO, ST Engg, Air Force technicians, Air Force commanders, uniformed police, bangalas, crane contractors etc

Last edited:

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
On another note, I m amused how country folks you guys are and making quite a deal with such remarks over a crash landing of a helicopter with no civilian damage whatsoever.

Why amused? S'pore is one of the most densely populated cities in the world. So the chances of civilian damage are higher. it's all about probability.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What I see from the pictures, the pilot is quite a cool cucumber skilfull crash-landing expert when emergency happened. He picked an open field and managed to steer the helicopter tail-down first. That's why the tail broke off on impact but the crews in cockpit were saved. Had he landed head-first, it might be Majulah Singapura.

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apache? Why Mindef buy indian helicopters? They can't even prepare for commonwealth games!

We demand an inquiry into defense spending NOW!!!

:biggrin: :biggrin:
the apache indian here means the native american indian. the red indian. very violent type.
not the fucking foreign trash indian you see in the banks IT dept here.

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
even if engineers from BOEING or MDD comes down to investigate the cause of the crash, it will be covered up.

the question is, can the chopper be repaired and be operationally again or not?

cost is USD20million - AH-64A
the D variant costs more. we bought the D variant. (longbow).

you scrap the chopper, you lose more than USD20m.
repair costs? ask BOEING.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the apache indian here means the native american indian. the red indian. very violent type.
not the fucking foreign trash indian you see in the banks IT dept here.

Don't believe in those white-justifying western movies. The red Indians aren't violent at all human-to-human. They may look violent as they hunt animals for food. They gave food to the early white settlers there, unaccustomed to undeveloped land and got caught in winter. It was the whites who turned around and attacked them with their firearms after being fed. The US has at least shown remorse and recognition with Thanksgiving Day as a national holiday. It's to thank the red Indians.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why amused? S'pore is one of the most densely populated cities in the world. So the chances of civilian damage are higher. it's all about probability.

Yes, I dun deny that the probable and the possible is there.

But did the helicopter crash into those HDB flats?

or, had any RSAF planes or helicopter crash into HDB flats so far?

When I say country folks, i m refering to the mentality of how the incident had been seen and how some are making noise about how expensive and "old" the helicopter is blah blah blah.

No wonder PAP can win election after elections. All behave so shallow and not think deeper and with better understanding. How to beat PAP with such mentality?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Hmmmm

As what I can see its a double engine failure, auto rotation and a hard landing. Somethings wrong, the Apache is meant to survive an autorotation. Either that or pilot technique and flaring was all wrong air speed to high and they hit to hard and the tail broke off.

Locke

Locke, what kind of fucked analysis is this? Its obviously not a double engine failure. There was powered flight to some degree. If he had double engine failure, and than auto rotated down, he cannot pick his point of impact with any accuracy. In crowded S'pore, most likely he will auto rotate into a block of flats. In this case, the pilot so chun chun land in the middle of an empty field. Not to one side, not barely clear the trees, but bullseye middle of the field. He had to have some degree of energy control. The eye witness siad the helo was flying in circles, before crash landing, another indication he had some power. In an auoto rotation manoeuvre, it would be described more of a spinning move, not a "flying in circles" move. My guess would be that he had problems with the main rotor, and needed to land the helo as quickly as possible. If you notice in the pictured immediately after the crash, the radome has been removed. maybe some tech screwed up the main rotor while doing it. In any case, landing was too hard/angle was too high, and snapped the tail off.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Unfortunatly this is true.

All you need is one crash and you might end up losing your flying privileges. In fact the poor pilot will never eever fly, not just a military plane, but any commerical plane as well. Its a big blop on his resume.

In many western countries, military crashes and accidents are so common that its nolonger news. yes its sad when it happen but things do happen.

I would say, the pilot, and I do believe he is well trained and really calm, did an excellent job in landing the Apache. Its just too bad he had to pay for something that could be not his fault afterall.

Yes, I would say the pilot did a good job too. Anytime u can crash land and walk away from it, is a good job. Usually the Apache pilots are the cream of the crop amongst helo pilots from the RSAF. This type has various problems with tail rotor, main rotor, what not. Could be an issue not related to pilot error, but he will end up paying.