• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING NEWS ; RIOT & EXPLOSIONS at Little India!!!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we should give credit to our security forces for their great restraint and the whole fiasco burnt itself out in double quick time with no loss of lives at all!!! Last night mob was not a small one. It was a mammoth riot . But our security forces did well with their cool, calm and collected restraint. Action will soon follow, I am pretty sure about this.

in spore everyday learn new words, police is powerless and did nothing and let the rioters escape is call exercise restraint....

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you trying to say civilians should take up the responsibility to handle rioters? Civilians not afraid then policemen not afraid? The same for army during war too? Must be a scenario of no one is afraid then can fight?!

What I am trying to say not to be behave like hero behind the PC... Try to think about those peoples which are injure because they are paid to protect laws and orders... They are human too... And a lot of peoples here talk like they can handle this incident alone if they are there...

jw5

Loyal
Talk is always easy... I would say if anyone of you here is the 1st police officer to attend to this incident, I believe everyone will be frighten... Very frighten... All of you are talking like you can handle hundreds of rioter by typing at keyboard... You guys are human being... But those police which help to maintain laws and orders are dust??

The way you are saying is like if you are there last night, this riots will not happen???

Nobody is asking one individual policeman to take on the whole lot of rioters.
The problem is that the people at the top were not prepared for the possibilty that an incident like this would occur and it showed.
Those even higher were happy to set policies to benefit themselves and their rent-seeking relatives and cronies, but totally caught with their pants down when it came to dealing with forseeable consequences of such decisions.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you trying to say civilians should take up the responsibility to handle rioters? Civilians not afraid then policemen not afraid? The same for army during war too? Must be a scenario of no one is afraid then can fight?!

Me thinks he is trying to say ... ...

[video=youtube;QNJL6nfu__Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNJL6nfu__Q[/video]

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I am trying to say not to be behave like hero behind the PC... Try to think about those peoples which are injure because they are paid to protect laws and orders... They are human too... And a lot of peoples here talk like they can handle this incident alone if they are there...

No one can handle this riot - not incident - alone. Citizens have the right to be angry and question the police on their inability. Think about if your family member happened to be caught in the riot and died, at that time will you still be so sympathetic to the policemen inability?

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nobody is asking one individual policeman to take on the whole lot of rioters.
The problem is that the people at the top were not prepared for the possibilty that an incident like this would occur and it showed.
Those even higher were happy to set policies to benefit themselves and their rent-seeking relatives and cronies, but totally caught with their pants down when it came to dealing with forseeable consequences of such decisions.

They are not prepare and they can stop the Mob within 2 hours??? What is the time needed to stop a mob of 400??? a few minutes???

I used to be in the LSF(Light striking force.. Sorry hor, now old liao) We train for certain period of time, we are train how to handle this type of situation. Of course training and the real things are difference... If the police are not prepared, why there are SOC & Gurkha??? SOC and Gurkha are form for mob and riots?? Why you say they are not prepare??

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk is always easy... I would say if anyone of you here is the 1st police officer to attend to this incident, I believe everyone will be frighten... Very frighten... All of you are talking like you can handle hundreds of rioter by typing at keyboard... You guys are human being... But those police which help to maintain laws and orders are dust??

The way you are saying is like if you are there last night, this riots will not happen???

You sounds familiar like a clone of that TS "Human & Ghost", "Peacock & Crow" .... etc.

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and you'll be first one to run off!

Yes... If I am somewhere around there, I will be first to run away... You want to stay there to kana hammer by them??? Or you are telling me you can handle 400 mob alonne??? I will not be stupid to stay there...

That is why I say we have to respect the paid police office which go to the scene and clear the mob...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes... If I am somewhere around there, I will be first to run away... You want to stay there to kana hammer by them??? Or you are telling me you can handle 400 mob alonne??? I will not be stupid to stay there...

That is why I say we have to respect the paid police office which go to the scene and clear the mob...

If I am a real policeman, how can run off? You mean you are policeman and you think it is normal to run off?

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You sounds familiar like a clone of that TS "Human & Ghost", "Peacock & Crow" .... etc.

I said many time... I only have an ID... No others... You can suspect whatever you want... Maybe you can get those who paid to check whether I am a clone...

I am a ex-police Sargent in SPF... only stay for a few years than resigned... Just don't like people to talk nonsense here... Policeman very pai tang in sg... still need to be kana insult by you guys...:mad:

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I am a real policeman, how can run off? You mean you are policeman and you think it is normal to run off?

Sigh... I am not a policeman anymore... Why police cannot run, 100 mob chase you with knife or stone don't run??? Just resign tomorrow lar??? In sg don't be a police you still can find another job right???

Last edited:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want to import FT, you must also be prepared for the problems that they bring with them. Riots like this are quite common in India and China because ordinary folks are oppressed by the incompetent authorities who are also corrupt to the core. It will be naive to think that our stringent laws are going to prevent similar riots happening here.

Usually in such road accident, people at the scene might just attack the driver and the vehicle as emotions run high. However in this case, its not just about emotions but also venting of frustrations towards the authorities. A lot of these ah nehs borrowed money in the hope of seeking a better living here for their families but their hopes were dashed once they reached the shore. They need to give a part of their meague pay to their agents, live in cramped and dirty dormitories..........and some could not even land a job here or were owed salaries by their employers. And what had MOM done? Our dear Mr Tan can't even get all the employers to issue pay slips! This is just a continuation of the SMRT strike

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
THE MOB WERE NOT AGAINST THE POLICE OR THE SCDF FROM THE BEGINNING! They fucked it it up! Eyewitness says only went fullscale when the bus could not be lifted to gain access to the victim. They did not riot against authority intially

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/fire--rioting-taking-place-in-little-india--reports-152651999.html

[UPDATED: on 9 December at 4:40pm, adding more details from police]
A 55-year-old Singaporean bus driver is assisting police with investigations into a fatal accident that resulted in the death of a 33-year-old Indian national, and the first riot in Singapore in more than 40 years.
The unnamed driver, who is believed to have run over the construction worker -- reportedly identified as Sakthivel Kumaravelu -- is likely to face charges for causing death by a negligent act, said the police in a statement issued Monday afternoon. If found guilty, the driver is set for a maximum penalty of two years' imprisonment, a fine, or both.

An estimated 400 people rioted in Little India late Sunday night shortly after the accident involving the private bus and the construction worker, the latter of whom was crossing the junction between the two roads, at 9:23pm, police said.

First responders from SCDF who arrived at the scene saw Kumaravelu, who was pronounced dead on the scene, trapped under a bus. During efforts to extricate him from under the bus, projectiles such as bottles started to be thrown at the personnel as tensions escalated.

Cool, 2 years for running over and killing a person, 7 years for rioting. You guys should direct your anger towards such unjust laws instead of beating on your own policemen and using this incident to score cheap brownie points.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh... I am not a policeman anymore... Why police cannot run, 100 mob chase you with knife or stone don't run??? Just resign tomorrow lar??? In sg don't be a police you still can find another job right???

In the first place why is it 1 policeman to 100 mob? That is another strong sign it is something wrong with the police force.