• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking News! 200 SMRT bus drivers went on strike!

jw5

Loyal
Aljunied GRC name list bursting with candidates liao, unless East Coast GRC falling also :p:p:p

Since u mentioned east coast grc, it occurs to me that the best person to resolve this bus driver dispute should be Zorro.

Articulate in both english and mandarin, highly experienced in relating to the issues faced by workers vis-a-vis their employers, clear minded and a logical thinker, full of innovative ideas and problem solving skills, there is no one better to resolve this. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

GOONDUSAMI

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am sure PAP is thinking what's next? A typical reactionary government will come up with ridiculous laws soon...

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Incidents like these are considered national security issues. ISD and other agencies will be mobilised. The Govt will direct SBS what to do despite that it is public listed entity. It will

Taking care of PRC political leaders can be handled in numerous others way such as looking after their kids and giving them access to other areas. The PRC govt is also a master of quelling dissent so this is their favourite dish.

I will be surprised if their leaders are not packing. Obviously NTUC has failed to "look after" the PRC bus leaders like they do the locals. We got compliant unions members who play golf at Laguna, take time off from work all the time, free study trips, scholarships for their kids, conferences.

I suspect matter will be solved in favour of these striking PRC drivers. Chinese leaders will come to defence of their nationals. After all they just finished an election and this news is being propagated over there. At issue is why is there the diff between Malaysian drivers vs PRC drivers - are they being discriminated? That in itself is politically sensitive for Beijing.

The other alternative would be to fire these workers without severance package.

At the very least they increase the pay package and or fire them with a nice severance package or allow them to choose.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since u mentioned east coast grc, it occurs to me that the best person to resolve this bus driver dispute should be Zorro.

Articulate in both english and mandarin, highly experienced in relating to the issues faced by workers vis-a-vis their employers, clear minded and a logical thinker, full of innovative ideas and problem solving skills, there is no one better to resolve this. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Even before this thread started, Zorro has already put on his super hero mask and rode his stead to Woodlands dorm to the rescue. Enroute, he rode through a few golf courses like TMCC, SICC and Warren, maybe played a couple of games since his stead needed some rest and drink from the ponds.

However, there is a little glitch. When he arrived at Woodlands dorm, the PRC guard can't understand his mandarin. So the guard called his ah neh colleague, who also failed to understand Zorro's engrish. They are still trying to ascertain his identity at this moment.

Last edited:

oppoibchief

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I suspect matter will be solved in favour of these striking PRC drivers. Chinese leaders will come to defence of their nationals. After all they just finished an election and this news is being propagated over there. At issue is why is there the diff between Malaysian drivers vs PRC drivers - are they being discriminated? That in itself is politically sensitive for Beijing.

The other alternative would be to fire these workers without severance package.

At the very least they increase the pay package and or fire them with a nice severance package or allow them to choose.
Just sack all of them. This is material misconduct under theri contract of employment.
If they were sinkies, i am sure they will all be sacked.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even before this thread started, Zorro has already put on his super hero mask and rode his stead to Woodlands dorm to the rescue. Enroute, he rode through a few golf courses like TMCC, SICC and Warren, maybe played a couple of games since his stead needed some rest and drink from the ponds.

However, there is a little glitch. When he arrived at Woodlands dorm, the PRC guard can't understand his mandarin. So the guard called his ah neh colleague, who also failed to understand Zorro's engrish. They are still trying to ascertain his identity at this moment.

this post nominated for funniest satire of the day.

btw, where is sidekick tanto in all these? :p

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just sack all of them. This is material misconduct under theri contract of employment.
If they were sinkies, i am sure they will all be sacked.

If Singaporeans involved, they would be arrested, interrogated, detained then charged in court. Sure to serve time to deter similar others. Case will not drag and court space would be freed to allow early trial dates. Pilots and bus drivers are poles apart.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If this Lim needs help, another Lim is on stand-by. Both can cry for sure. The crying Lims.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah and guess who will suffer tomorrow morning when the buses doesn't run

find alternate means to work. duh. sinkies need to learn to cope and suffer inconveniences.

don't tell me there are no other means of transport for commuters to choose from? all striking workers should be deported if they are foreigners, and fired if they are locals.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
rattle out their leaders, target them. either pacify them with money or send them back depending whether strong arm tactic or diplomacy preferred.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this Lim needs help, another Lim is on stand-by. Both can cry for sure. The crying Lims.

One is saying, " lim peh heng", my time no Chinaman..only Balless Sinkees..the other is now repenting, after crying for the "ah tiong's Mei mei, this is the price to pay..this one, " lim SOR LO" ( sor lor as in Cantonese).. both can cry together.. "lim Ham BAO":biggrin:

Last edited:

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lW9wf0Fzx_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>............

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PENJW4H2Saw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>..............

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wtf...strike action commence at 4am...nego start at 4pm? why the wait for 12 hrs? Col Kwek seeking guidance from Senior Lee on how to handle crisis? LOL...

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Better to appease these PRC drivers. We need them to drive carefully on our roads. Too many accidents involving them recently.