• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking News! 200 SMRT bus drivers went on strike!

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. And Dir PID would be pleading for his intel officers to particpate as well. They want to feel important and not marginalised. MOM and ICA intelligence divisions will also act busy and report whatever insignificant updates to their respective bosses to feel important and include this in their SAR.

hahaha u never say setup op cell, then all the head will sit inside with the laptop and got a hot line setup connected to oxley rise. when the hot line rings, no one dare to answer the call. it will not even the ministar who will handle the matter, the ministar like zorro lim will only come out with script to perform his zorro stunt by writing the "Z" to close the issue. the one who make decision and handle the issue will be those perm sec.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha u never say setup op cell, then all the head will sit inside with the laptop and got a hot line setup connected to oxley rise. when the hot line rings, no one dare to answer the call. it will not even the ministar who will handle the matter, the ministar like zorro lim will only come out with script to perform his zorro stunt by writing the "Z" to close the issue. the one who make decision and handle the issue will be those perm sec.

Hahahaaa. Yes, minimum one ops cell. Others who mati mati want to feel important will also set one up. Some jokers will be stationed near the dorm to 'feel' the ground and report back to HQ. SITREP I recall the term. Lots of people will feel important being involved in this incident. I can visualise what is going on.

Talking about crisis, I recall several where OC, Comdr and Dir all went missing or were suddenly involved in other matters when advice was needed. They don't even want to practice their tai chi in some sensitive crises. This incident can be considered sensitive alright coz it involves Chinamen and the politics behind their stay and employment in S'pore. A slap in the face.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Here again, you lack the depth of understanding situations and strategic moves made.

If YSL had listened to what I have been saying, just step out, admit and apologize, he won't end up like a fugitive who doesn't even dare to step onto his own country's soil for fear of being shamed and spit upon. It was my last bid to save him from expulsion but he just refused to listen.

Only small minded people like you will look at other people's moves with such tainted glasses and silly conspiracy mind.

Although I have only worked with LTK for a few years, but as a "half-Chinese educated", I understand him far better than YSL or anyone else. There are already signs that he is going to make that difficult decision and the only way to diffuse it is to come forward and be honest with his silly mistake.

Of course, most probably YSL hated me as much as you did, thinking that I have ill-intention and did exactly the opposite! Well, that's his call and he would definitely bear the full consequences eventually which he did.

Silly and emotional people like you should not get involved in politics at all.

Goh Meng Seng

Oh yah hor, if you're having curry rice and fatty pork in soy sauce at a strategically located coffeeshop, you can also be "framed" (inverted commas) for heckling an opposition MP. Remember Your Good Self?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh come on, I was only commenting on a particular aspect of the issue. I was not writing a comprehensive report.

Never disagreed that our labour laws are the root cause of the problem.

If you're on the Singaporean side, you'd also be concerned about commuters who were affected by the strike. If you were late for work or had to spend $30 on taxi (which is not unusual these days), who compensates you?

I'm not saying the bus drivers must endure unfair conditions or suffer in silence whilst being abused. Hardly. I'm exploring what a Singaporean bus driver would think if he saw all this happening and he suffered in silence all these years as a result of job insecurity.

My first post mentioned tripartism. I know the root of the problem.

Your comment is always as silly as it is.

The problem lies with the PAP government's inadequate labour law as well as its liberal FT policy that allows big companies to exploit foreigners as cheap labour or even slaves, so to speak. These drivers are here to work and I believe nobody will feel good if they find themselves shortchanged in the process.

In fact, if you are on the Singaporeans' side, you should be asking for fair and equal wages for these PRC drivers because only by doing so, along with the levies SMRT needs to pay for them, the cost of hiring them will be higher! This will provide deterrence to companies like SMRT to exploit cheap foreign labour to displace local Singaporean drivers! Make foreign labour's wages uncompetitive or lack attractiveness as compared to locals and this will keep or even create more jobs for locals!

Your mindless rumbling here just show how shallow your views are and only trying to evoke irrational and senseless anti-foreigners sentiments without a brain behind it.

Goh Meng Seng

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMRT HEAD OF Legal is a Malaysian. I wonder how he will advise the SMRT CEO and management?

He can always consult another ex-Malaysian who just retired as CJ. An offence can be 'jawed' to become NOD. Nothing difficult given the vast resources to contort the English language.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It'll be a safer option to get them off our roads altogether.

We always had Malaysians as bus drivers in the recent past but I don't recall them being so rash and reckless. I opine it is all in the salary. If minsiters need to be paid millions to attract the best and minimise corruption, bus drivers need to be paid adequately too. They have families. If the bus companies focus less on profit margins, this can be done. I note the glaring difference between bus drivers in S'pore and those in the first world.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We always had Malaysians as bus drivers in the recent past but I don't recall them being so rash and reckless. I opine it is all in the salary. If minsiters need to be paid millions to attract the best and minimise corruption, bus drivers need to be paid adequately too. They have families. If the bus companies focus less on profit margins, this can be done. I note the glaring difference between bus drivers in S'pore and those in the first world.

Nope, the rashness and recklessness are highly ingrained in Tiong (Communist) culture.

You're talking about a country which produces toxic/fake/contaminated food, drugs, milk powder and children toys without batting an eyelid.

Remember that incident when some Tiong driver in China ran over someone a few times to make sure the victim's dead because 'you don't pay compensation to the dead'?

Accountability and basic respect for human life are very strange concepts to them.

Beware, for you've let these barbarians through the gates. Bear the consequences.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Toronto Transit Commission's bus drivers are paid a starting wage of about C$26 an hour, and say 40 hours a week x 50 weeks = Cdn $52,000 a year

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The other option is to make them feel at home by converting the buses to left-hand drive.

knn! this is a good one!!! home sick!!! hahahaha!!! beside the laughter, i think its weird that they get drivers from a left hand drive country to work as public transport drivers.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Toronto Transit Commission's bus drivers are paid a starting wage of about C$26 an hour, and say 40 hours a week x 50 weeks = Cdn $52,000 a year

Maybe that is one reason why they are more patient and more willing to assist the elderly and handicapped board buses. It is the norm over there but if one driver emulates that in S'pore, it is the exception. Maybe get reported and an award to go with it. I recall three NSmen in army uniform being rewarded for doing an act which is so common in most 1st world countries.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe not an interview with him as he is going to claim that they are not unionised. A more suitable candidate or publish the transcript extract from this week's cabinet meeting that is bound to cover this episode.Need to climb the fucking fence again.

Will you be publishing another interview scripts with Zorro?

oppoibchief

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Maybe not an interview with him as he is going to claim that they are not unionised. A more suitable candidate or publish the transcript extract from this week's cabinet meeting that is bound to cover this episode.Need to climb the fucking fence again.
well, beware of guard dogs when u climb the fence...come back in one piece.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I have already said it clearly.

If you are smart enough, you will be helping Singapore drivers by agreeing with the PRC drivers' demand of equal pay instead of trying to fan senseless anti-foreigner sentiments here. It may sound counter-intuitive but that's how economic forces work. Companies like SMRT are so aggressive to recruit PRC drivers because they know they can short changed them, giving them lower wages etc. If the conditions are made such that they will have to pay more for PRC drivers in total (with levy), will they want to employ more PRC drivers? This is elementary logic.

Stop enhancing mindless anti-foreigner thinking but in the end, compromise Singaporeans' interests!

Goh Meng Seng

Oh come on, I was only commenting on a particular aspect of the issue. I was not writing a comprehensive report.

Never disagreed that our labour laws are the root cause of the problem.

If you're on the Singaporean side, you'd also be concerned about commuters who were affected by the strike. If you were late for work or had to spend $30 on taxi (which is not unusual these days), who compensates you?

I'm not saying the bus drivers must endure unfair conditions or suffer in silence whilst being abused. Hardly. I'm exploring what a Singaporean bus driver would think if he saw all this happening and he suffered in silence all these years as a result of job insecurity.

My first post mentioned tripartism. I know the root of the problem.